lasagne

stace77

Im making lasagne for tea but instead of the cheese sauce, im thinking of mixing cottage cheese with spinich, has anyone els done it this way? And what were the result like? X

Hi there

I made a lasagne last night and used cottage cheese covered with grated cheese as HExA. It didn't work! These cottage cheese all dried up. I asked my leader and she said she used natural yogurt with some chilli in it to take away the tartness of the yogurt and it works well. Will have to try this next time!

Rachael

I find that all the low fat options just don't work so I use a tin of Heinz macaroni cheese and purée it. It's 6 syns for the tin so very low syns when portioned out and you still get that proper cheesy taste

Im sure aldi's and farmfoods cheese sauce (packet mix) is only a few syns when made with water!! (2-3 syns) or made with hex-a milk!! I will ask my consultant what the syns are exactly on weds when i weigh in as thats what i use, have'nt made it for a while hence i cant remember off the top of my head the syn value but i could bet my right arm it is really low!! And really delicious!!!! And the most amazing alternative to most cheese/white sauces xxxx

Thanks guys, i did make it with cottage cheese and i ended up scraping it out when cooked, it wasnt nice At ALL!!! I will try the cheese sauce mix from aldi, thanks again for all your tips x

Loads at our group just use Low Low spread! You can have half a tub for an A choice, it's really tasty too :)

Back