Last 7lb and struggling!

Hiya

He he Kirsten, for someone who doesn't enjoy shopping you've made me laugh that you've managed to 'aquire' 15 new tops and 4 bikinis, better get some shorts though!

My counsellor did tell me I shouldn't yoyo by eating bad then clawing back with CD and I know it's not the way to go so I'm going to try and follow the plans properly this time, plus hopefully get below 9st so if I do wobble up a bit it won't be too bad. I've altered my ticker now as my goal was 8st 13lb I think I've put it at 8st 8lb or something like that now as the 9st 3lb I was hovering around was definitely too high for my height

Hope your tummy's better now Kirsten and a Very Happy Birthday for tomorrow, make sure you get back on the wagon after your hols,

Hey girls :)

Sorry I've not been on for a while, not really been following the diet but miraculously I've managed to stay the same so have 6lb to lose for goal.

Kirsten: Hope you're having a fab time on holiday, come back and tell us all about it!

Dawn: Hope you're doing ok on diet, I think we need to keep focused don't we, theres been too much nice food around here lately and I obviously dont have the will power to say no yet! Must work on that lol.

Well mum and I managed to get in to see the shop we've been interested in and its fab! looks promising, infact no-one else has seen it not even the estate agent and we have been allowed to keep the master keys if we want to go back and look around more etc! Can you believe it, it's all been too easy, meant to be obviously :) Just waiting on seeing all the details written down but really it's ours if we want it!! :D

HOpefully get a chat soon gals, hope you're both well :)

Ness x

P.S Just noticed I missed the whole last page! lol muppet. So just want to say happy birthday Kirsten! And hope you have a fab holiday, thought you were already away lol. Chaned my ticker, felt like it was time for a change.

Hi

glad to see you back Nessie! well done for staying the same, are you still trying to get those last 6lbs off or are you quite happy where you are?

Exciting news about the shop, hope it all goes well, keep us informed!

Well I'm on 7th day back on CD and doing really well, struggling with the hunger a little but coping ok. I had one evening with a friend where we'd arranged ages ago to get together for a glass of wine and a chinese I really didn't want to cancel, she has quite a small appetite though and we ordered 1 between us (chicken and cashew nuts and fried rice) and I was gobsmacked I couldn't manage all of mine! just a couple of small glasses of wine accompanied that, the only other 'naughty' was I had a skinny latte in Thorntons (that was ok) and ate the chocolate that came with it. All that and I've still lost 6lb this week! :eek:

I don't know if I'm still ok doing 810 at my BMI but i'm going to try and carry on another week and then move up. Last time I didn't follow the CD plan as I moved up but I'm determined to this time

anyway, hope you're having a great holiday Kirsten and that you had a fab birthday (or is it this Saturday you are going, I'm confused :confused:)

take care both of you

Hey Dawn, well done on losing 6lb! Nice one. I'm trying to lose the last 6lb and doing well this week so all is good, will let you know the verdict of Tuesdays WI lol. Might be going out for a meal tomorrow night as a friend is watching the bairn but it shouldn't mess up my progress much really, it's either that or the cinema.

Hope you're doing fine Kirsten, think you're still on holiday so hope ur having fun!

Catch up soon, ness x

Im baaaaaaaack!!!!!!!

Good afternoon ladies

Hope all is well with both of you!

I had a nice birthday (which seems like ages ago now). Hubby suprised me (after we said no birthday presents this year - cos we were saving for our holiday spends :rolleyes:) and bought me a DAB radio alarm clock that I've been hankering after, but refused to pay what they were asking for it, 15 multi coloured roses, and a gorgeous birthday cake from choccywoccydoodah. It was lemon sponge, with chocolate fudge filling and covered in thick white chocolate - :p. (I'll try and post a pic of it later, but Im useless with the PC and camera, so I'll have to get hubby to do it :cool:). I felt really guilty because it was his birthday 10 days previously and I didn't get him anything :eek: ......y'no.....just like we agreed :mad:

Well I got back from my hols last night, after spending a week in the gorgeous sunshine of Marbella. I do so love my holidays and usually get a little miserable at the thought of coming back home - I'm sure I'm not alone in those thoughts eh? But this time I really didn't want to come back :sigh:. We stayed in such a fantastic place that I could have quite easily stayed on for another week or two ;).

We did a fair bit of sightseeing and of course eating :eek:. We went down to Gibraltar for the day and took the cable car up the rock (some amazing views) and spent a bit of time watching the barbary apes (me, from a distance as I was a little scared that they would attack me or something :cool:), walked all the way back down it :eek: (bl**dy calves killed me for days after that). Went around the Botancial Gardens - a public park just at the bottom of the rock - beautiful, and had a look around the animal sanctury in the park. Its the place where they house the animals that Customs have seized from docking ships - tortoises, peacocks, all sorts of parrots, apes, a pot bellied pig called 'Babe' - he was sooooo adorable :p.

Also went along the Costa del Sol coastline, taking in Estapona, Puerto Banus, Fuengirola, breezed through Benalmadena and Torremolinos on the way back home yesterday (and of course lots of time in Marbella - lovely place).

There was a fully equipped gym on the apartment site where we stayed, and yours truly started of the week full of good intentions, with a cardio workout and some weights :eek:......I was dead chuffed that I managed to run/jog/stagger for 30 minutes on the treadmill without stopping. But as with most of my efforts, the exercise thing died a death mid week.......roughly coinciding with an increase of alcohol consumption :eek:. I hardly ever drink alcohol nowadays by I found a tasty little rose wine that went down very easily :p. Coupled with the 'Carte d'or' ice cream vendors that were seemingly on every street corner, saw my healthy eating regime slide somewhat :(, and my exercise plans descend to a quick swim, laze in the jacuzzi, then sauna and steam room :D

The weigh in was not good when I got home last night, but hey - I had a great time, and today is a new day.

Have been shopping this morning to stock up on delicious healthy foodstuffs - even the young lad who served me in M&S foodhall commented on my healthy shopping - I've never had anyone say that before :D

So I'm back with renewed vigour, and am going to calorie count my way down to 10 stones - which was my original target, that I then let slide to 10st 7lbs :eek:. My next holidays is 21st September and we're off to Las Vegas - where there are so many impossibly perfect bodies knocking about by the pool side (a few of which have probably had a little helping hand of the cosmetic surgery variety ;)). There's also quite a few not so perfect bodies that reach the other end of the scale IYKWIM (which is where I was the last time we went :cool:) - its a kind of 'all or nothing place'. I wanna feel good when I get there - so now I'm cracking on with it!

Dawn: How's it going on CD? I did briefly contemplate hopping back on the merry go round to get my surplus off but have decided against it - I just don't think I could do it again, so more power to you for sticking with it. 6lbs off - and that was 6 days ago, so you must be well on your way now.

Nessie: Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow - hope it all goes well.

Well better go now - am working my way through the holiday laundry mountain right now, as its back to work tomorrow - boo :mad:

Take care and speak soon xx

Hi both

wow Kirsten sounds as though you've had a fantastic holiday, and absolutely top marks for getting straight back on a diet as you as you got back, that is fabulous.

My step brother and sister in law live in Gibraltar but I've only visited them once, it's a lovely little place isn't it.

I stuck to CD for 9 days and lost that 6lb, then on my 6 days off work it went completely out of the window and I put the 6lb back on so right back to the beginning. anyway, back to it from Tuesday so I've stuck with it 100% since then, however, my CD products are a bit low and I was struggling to get to see my counsellor (she lives just over an hour away so I can't just pop round) so I've decided to use some Slim Fast too that I've still got in the cupboard, this weekend is going to be hard but I'm determined to stick with it. If I worked full time it would be so much easier then I'd ONLY have the weekends to worry about

Not sure if you should post a pic of your cake Kirsten I'll be drooling all over my computer, it sounds fab, on 2nd thoughts go on, get your hubby (who sounds an absolute treasure) to get one on here

Let us know your WI results Nessie, hope you're doing ok

Hey gals, sounds like you had a fab time Kirsten, soooo jelous! :) Well I had WI on Tuesday and lost 1lb but I've put the bugger back on again! Feeling really wobbly and fat right now so from today onwards I am sticking to it completely, taking the bull by the horns and getting rid of this flippin 6lb! Was a little annoyed as I had done really quite well last week so was hoping for better than 1lb but it seems to be really really difficult now :( On a brighter note I dragged my bike out of the shed and actually used it lol, a friend dragged me out and I loved it, only part of me that was sore the next day was my butt so bought a gell pad for the saddle lol. Now if I'm going up the farm road to friends place I cycle. Hubby reckons I cycled about 4 miles when we I went out with friend so was chuffed with that! Thankfully some of it was down hill lmao so managed to rest ma legs. Sitting glugging water as I type and just finished a shake, it seems to be in the evenings when I want chocolate etc so must must restrain myself. Plan on tidying up the house with some music on so will take my mind off it.

Right off to do that so catch up soon, would love to have a chat one night so would be good if we can arrange that :)

Take care buddies :)

Hiya!

Hope all is well with you both.

Well I've been sticking with my diet this week, and exercised on Monday - big mistake :mad: I woke up so sore on tuesday that I haven't been able to exercise since. It took until thursday for me to be able to get up and walk without wincing - just goes to show how quickly you can lose your fitness levels. Its my own fault really, I should have started off gently, but oh no......I had to go and dive right on in there :p

Anyway - I don't know where my idea came from....but yesterday out of the blue I decided I was going to go back to CD to get down to my 10 stone target........just like that, no deliberating - which is how it happened when I lost my earlier weight. Its a total about turn for me, because as you know I always viewed CD as a once only thing. I think when I did it before and got to 14wks I'd just had a total belly full of it and needed a break. Since I stopped (3.3.08) my weight gain in relation to the amount lost overall has been fairly small, and now my head is in the right place to finish the journey.

My old councillor has given up CD, and since I finished it before, my friend has become a CDC. (She was the person that inspired me to do CD in the first place). So bright and early this morning I was off to her house to pick up my supplies and I am now officially mid way through day 1 of 810. So here we are again - coming full circle and all three of us back on the CD wagon :D

I guess this means I'll be hanging around on Minimins a lot more to keep me occupied :D.

Dawn: Well I have tried (and failed) to post pics of my birthday cake - so I'm afraid its just going to stay in your imagination! Probably just as well really - dont want to set me off on a cake binge 1/2 way through day one ;) Hope you've managed to get back into the swing of things with the Slimfast.

Nessie: Well done with the cycling, keep that up and the cd'ing and that 6lbs will be off in no time.

Would definitely be up for us all having a natter, let me know when you were thinking of.

Take care and speak soon xx

Hi hunni

Whereabouts in Marbella did you stay?

I lived there for 5 years. I lived in Puerto Banus first then moved to San Pedro (just outside Banus) then onto Estepona. Ive been 'home' for 3 years now and I miss Spain so much!

xx

Hi Jools

We stayed at the Marriott Playa Andaluza, (I get the impression it hasn't been built all that long). Its kind of midway between Marbella and Estepona just off the N340 (I think) nearest exit the 'Cancellada' exit. Its near to the Crowne Plaza hotel. Really nice quite quiet and private place, but just a short car journey to P.Banus etc. so handy for that - cos I just loved the vibe in Marbella.

I'd go back there in a heartbeat - had such a fab time! Making myself miserable today thinking 'this time last week I was on my lounger sunbathing'......and then looking out of the window at this awful nasty rain we're having :sigh:

Oh well, 13wks tomorrow and then its Vegas - yipee!!!!!

Hiya

well done on the 1lb Nessie but isn't it annoying when it goes back on so easily after making loads of effort to get it off! :sigh:

Good on you Kirsten, yes you have to go into CD whole heartedly or it's not worth bothering. I'm still doing ok, although my meal today ended up being at Asda, I had jacket potato with prawn mayo so I know i've blown the 810 limit but not going to worry too much, at least I didn't follow it with a cake or join my hubby later on with hot x buns!

I'm getting a bit fed up of shakes so I've bought some SF cereal so it feels a bit more normal, can't believe the price though, hope it's nice! Still got some CD stuff left too so it's mix and match at the moment still. The SF bars are ok but not a patch on the CD ones, they are quite 'sawdusty'

well done on the cycling Nessie, keep it up, excellent exercise. I'm still just walking, but doing plenty of it, I listen to Scooter on my MP3 and the beat is so fast I keep wanting to break into a run :D

Hope you are both having a good weekend, off for my last shake now

Hi Jools

We stayed at the Marriott Playa Andaluza, (I get the impression it hasn't been built all that long). Its kind of midway between Marbella and Estepona just off the N340 (I think) nearest exit the 'Cancellada' exit. Its near to the Crowne Plaza hotel. Really nice quite quiet and private place, but just a short car journey to P.Banus etc. so handy for that - cos I just loved the vibe in Marbella.

I'd go back there in a heartbeat - had such a fab time! Making myself miserable today thinking 'this time last week I was on my lounger sunbathing'......and then looking out of the window at this awful nasty rain we're having :sigh:

Oh well, 13wks tomorrow and then its Vegas - yipee!!!!!

oooooooo hun brings back special memoreis. My daughter went to the spanish school in Cancellada and we lived in Benavista / bel air for the last year that we were there.

Glad you enjoyed it ... its a really lovely place.

xx

Well stayed the same this week which is fine as the first half of the week was terrible lol and put that 1lb back on but managed to get rid of it for WI :) Feeling like I'm in the zone for cd so hoping for a gd week this week!

Hope you're both doing ok, chat soon x

Hi Ladies

Hope you are both well.

Well I didn't manage to stick it out with CD :sigh: I did 4 days and dropped 6lbs in that time - but I was miserable as sin for the last 2 days. I don't just mean a little bit grumpy because I was dieting, I mean a terrible mood that made me feel so so low and so unhappy. I don't know why, I never experienced that before - i just don't get it. I just felt so sad that even a 6lb loss couldn't keep me on it, it was like the thunder clouds were hanging over me the whole time - not a nice experience. So I've stopped doing it - there's just no way I could continue whilst feeling that way.

So its back to the drawing board - and back to the calorie counting and exercise again - as you might guess the 6lb CD loss went straight back on again :mad:

I'm taking the exercise thing slow and steady after going in all guns blazing last week - then not being able to walk properly for the best part of it :cool:. I started off with a couple of days of Rosemary Conley Salsacise - pretty low impact, then today I've done my Davina Hi-energy 5 DVD (pump and abs). Nothing too strenuous, but increasing the activity slowly but surely.

So how are things with you both? Well done with the 1lb Nessie. How's the CD/SF combination going Dawn?

Hopefully we can arrange a chat soon, see if we can motivate each other to get the job done, once and for all! :rolleyes::p

Take care, and catch up soon xx

Hey gals,

Well I've not been well atall, but on the bright side it meant a 4lb loss for me on Tuesday there lol. However I think I'll put some of that back on since the only reason I lost it was from illness, you know what it's like (updated my ticker anyways cos I'm chuffed lol). Just about to got a chippie cos we're tired and not had tea yet so it's an easy yummy option really but what the hell I've had some bloody week of it, most of which was spent on the toilet! And now my wisdom tooth has decided to poke through the final bit which is agony, jaw has seized up and been on pain killers, think I deserve a treat eh :)

How are you both, I know what you mean Kirsten, sometimes I'm really ok with the diet then other times it gets me down and I get so fed up with the whole thing. Think I'll just take the rest of my packs back and be done with it and continue to get weighed for a bit to keep a check on it really.

Hope you're doing ok Dawn, chat soon x

Back