Total Solution Last Chance Saloon

Goldie101

Hi everybody..I have decided to create a diary to help my focus and give me inspiration to keep going. I have placed an order for exante (have used it a couple of years ago to good effect so I know what to expect). I have some shakes a friend gave me to start me off until my month supply arrives (shakes and bars) so today will count as Day one. Just off now to weigh in..I know it will be very bad as I have not been on the scales for some time but I need to do this. I have my 50th birthday coming up and 2 weddings to attend and I am tired of hiding behind people in photographs with a fixed grin on my face but feeling awful about how I have let myself go...so..here goes...off to the scales.....oh no...have never been this weight before!!!..18 stones!!! It doesnt help that I think I am menopausal at the minute but also soo bad with my eating habits. I have a day off work today so I am going to walk the before it gets too warm for this and go for a swim (i love swimming)..6 weeks countdown to wedding no. 1 and 6 months countdown to wedding no. 2. Going to try and set up one of those ticker things too so I an have a visual reminder. The only person can do this is me and I am going to be ruthless about it. I have had so many social functions going on at the minute I keep saying that I will start the next week, but there is something that comes up...this week my daughters birthday and then fathers day on sunday but tough luck. I need to do this for my health and sanity. I will spend time with them but will go for walks and drives to the country, if they want to eat that's their decision but this is MY decision and I AM going to be strong. I CAN do this!!!!!!
Wishing you all a great day! :D

Hey Goldie, welcome!! :)
It sounds like you're really in that zone and you must make use of it. Don't let anything get in the way. I like your determination and by putting it into your diary you can re-read it and remind yourself when you find yourself in a tough spot. So...good luck.

Hi Goldie,

You sound like you've reached the point where you're totally fed up and enough is enough - that's exactly where I was when I started and I am so glad I did. It's not easy but you will find loads of advice, tips and support on here.
Welcome and good luck x

Thanks for your encouraging comments. It's great to know there is support on here from people who are on the same journey. Going to have a bar now, out for a swim and then a chocolate milkshake for supper. Then day one done. Looking at your week one stats helps motivated me to get the first week under my belt. Tough week but will be well worth it! :)

Well, that is day 2 done...nightmare at work had 2 long meetings at work and everybody had brought things to nibble on...completely resisted every single morsel but it took so much willpower as the stuff was literally right under my nose! I did notice however how much people were mindlessly eating over the course of the day. That would normally be me in the middle of it so gave myself a huge pat on the back for not giving in. :)

Hi Mamakash..yes I was on 2 years ago...did very well..unfortunately did not address my original binge eating mentality and regained the weight over the next couple of years. Thought of this diet as a 'quick fix' and did not make plans what to do when it was over..then menopause kicked in and weight went up alarmingly over the last 6 months. I felt I had to stop it in it's tracks so have decided to take control again and this time will be thinking long term future. Its a tough road but one I have walked before so I know I can do it but need to get the mindset right. I have rejoined as Goldie (used to be phoenix) as I want a fresh start. On to Day 3...have already had to deal with 3 invites to social events (my downfall) so will have to work out how to get around them (one is for work which I know I can't get out from so will have to be sneaky about that one..any ideas would be gratefully received..28th June). Best of luck to you on your day 3, I have busy day ahead at work today then plan to go straight from work for a swim so I have no temptation...days 3 - 5 are difficult ones to get through so here goes..we can do it!!:)

Hiya Goldie, good luck on your journey :).. I am also on day 3 and struggling a bit but determined to get through this first week :) we can do it :) x

Day 3 done and dusted and Day 4 begins!! Went straight for a swim after work so that kept me away from temptation and distracted me for a couple of hours. Really trying to drink as much water as possible so spend half the day running to the loo (wonder if that counts as exercise ;)) Have a staff meeting all day today so no food distractions apart from canteen at lunch which is so useless most people bring a packed lunch so can have my bar. I'm getting used to black tea too. I am determined to do this diet as long as possible without adding in coke zero and bouillion as I think it stimulates my hunger and think it is working as I haven't had any gnawing stomach pains so far. Having my chocolate shake now and pint of water. I know I should try not to weigh more than once a week but couldn't resist a peak on the scales and couldn't believe it..8 pounds off already!! I know it is only water weight but what a motivator! Must try to ketostix later and see if ketosis has kicked in yet. Have a great day everyone :)

I'm 8lb down today as well lol.. Your doing well :) xx

hi keirasmummy, it really is a motivator isn't it! I know that the first week produces big losses but it really helps you get through the first few days...let's keep going!!! Off to work now. Onwards and downwards :D

Yeah, the 1st week losses are a big motivator.. I think as of next week I will try and weigh half weekly.. But will see lol.. How was yesterday? X

Well, day 5 nearly over..have been so pleased with the results. I couldn't resist hopping on the scales this morning and have lost 10lb! I think what has helped is I have followed the rules exactly..no coke zero, no skimmed milk in my tea, no bouillion and buckets of water. Ketostix turned pink today too and hunger pangs have reduced. This should help me get through the weekend. Going to really try and stay off the scales until my official weigh in on Monday as I don't want to be demotivated if they weight loss stalls. Hope everyone doing ok..weekends can be tough with not being in work to distract me..I CAN do this!! :D

Hi Goldie :welcome2: Well done so far! If you've lost 10lb now then I'm sure your loss on Monday will be brilliant!!!!!

Thanks Lynne, just back from a long swim and had a banana shake. Haven't been too bad hunger wise today..drank loads of water. That's Day 6 nearly done now. I'm usually halfway through a bottle of wine and a chinese by now so new habits for me from now on!! You have done so well, it's steadily falling off for you, I hope that I can last the distance!!!

I used to have at least one glass of wine every night, usually 2 or sometines even more but have only had wine a couple of times since I started exante on 28th April. Amazingly, I don't even miss it! You're doing really well. Keep it up and the weight will drop off!

I used to have a drink every weekend but last year seemed to lose the taste for it (blaming the menopause) but still continued as my saturday night habit so its not too much of a wrench to stop. Big weigh in tomorrow. Stayed off the scales this morning so looking forward to seeing a big number tomorrow. It wont be too exciting as the last stone I put on was a shocker as I had now idea I had put it on as I hadn't weighed myself in ages (in denial) so will be happy to get that off and back to where I thought I was before I weighed in! I am really going to try not to hop on and off the scales next week as I know that the weight will slow down next week and don't want to get too demoralised. Best of luck everyone. I know that Monday weigh ins are popular as we 'always start Monday'. I see that exante have launched a mousse mix to thicken up shakes into a mousse mixture. Going to order it as I have loads of chocolate shakes and it would be nice to make a wee chilled mousse for a change

Just went onto exante website but noticed that it has 71 calories per serving!! Think I'll give it a miss!!!

Back