laughing cow light

Hi there! I use this in Jackets and in mash all the time - it doesn't "melt" quite as well as butter but I find it's a great substitute. For the mash you could always add a dash of milk from your healthy A allowance to keep it free but help a bit with the consistency!! C xx

I think I read somewhere that "butter buds" available from Lakeland are half a sin per sachet and apparently they taste delicious.

Butter Buds®

Low calorie powdered butter substitute. All the flavour of butter without the fat.
Produced from real butter, Butter Buds undergo a special process that removes the fat and water leaving behind just the original buttery taste.
When sprinkled over hot potatoes, vegetables, pasta or rice, they'll butter you up... but, containing only 5 calories per sachet, not your waistline!
One sachet contains the same flavour as 2 teaspoons of butter (approx. 70 calories!).

• Vegetarian.gif
    vegetarian

Just checked this on Sw online - def 1/2 syn for a 2g sachet. Will be buying these next time I go to lakeland. Anyone else tried them?

Hmm, no but corn on the cob isn't the same without some butter so I'll be getting some next time I go there too!

Yes I use Butter Buds, I get them from Lakeland online - they are really good and taste buttery especially in a jacket potato.

Back