laura2481's Food Diary (mostly EE)

laura2481

Silver Member
Hi- this will mainly be a boring food diary I'm afraid. Just what I've eaten, syns etc. Not much ramblings on life the universe and everything as I do that over in the Team OBG thread :D

For a anyone who doesn't know I'm 29 and getting married next year so although i had intended to do something about my weight this year when by H2be proposed on Christmas Eve it kinda gave me something to focus on! :p

So, the dress is bought, and should be ready for first fittings in February time so my goal now is to reach target as early in the New Year as possible (or before would be great but I'll take the New Year :p)

I've deceided to start writing a food diary down again for a bit of accountability to my self and my Team OBG as I've had a couple of months where, with one thing and another, I've just been up and down and not really lost anything- but now I need to get moving. :D

Feel free to comment, check up on me, tell me off and generally bully me if you see I'm slipping!

Thanks for reading

Laura

xx

Key to colours:
Superfree/free on all plans
Free on Original
Free on Green
Healthy Extras
Syns

*blank 'template' week so I can copy and paste every week*

Thursday
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Snacks
Drinks
Total syns syns
Syns for the week so far syns
Syns left for the week syns

Friday
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Snacks
Drinks
Total syns syns

Saturday
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Snacks
Drinks
Total syns syns

Sunday
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Snacks
Drinks
Total syns syns

Monday
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Snacks
Drinks
Total syns syns

Tuesday
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Snacks
Drinks
Total syns syns

Wednesday
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Snacks
Drinks
Total syns syns

Last edited:
SW week 24/9/10- 30/9/10

This week I'm going to try to keep total syns for the week to 90 or less.

In the 'drinks' section I'm only going to be putting down drinks that aren't syn free so my diet drinks and herbal teas I won't bother writing down but alcohol and any teas/coffees etc that I syn the milk for I'll write down

Friday EE day
Brunch Omelette with onions and mushrooms, 42g reduced fat cheese HEA, dash of milk 0.5 syns
Dinner spaghetti, bolognese (extra lean mince, onions,tomatoes, worchester sauce, seasoning)
Snacks fresh fruit salad (mango, melon, grapes)
Hi-fi bar HEB 'Big Green One' choc 9.5 syns
Drinks dash milk in coffee 0.5 syn
Options hot choc 2 syns
Total syns= 12.5 syns
Syns for the week so far=12.5 syns
Syns left for the week= 77.5 syns

Saturday EE day
Breakfast Activia Fat Free
Lunch Mug Shot noodles fresh fruit salad (mango, melon, grapes) Activia Fat Free
Dinner Roast chicken, cauliflower, carrot, sweetcorn, broccoli, roast potatoes 3syns for oil, cheese sauce 3.5 syns, 8tbsp gravy 2 syns, 3x mini yorkshire puddings 3 syns 150ml skimmed milk+21g reduced fat cheese HEA
Snacks Hi-Fi Bar HEB
Drinks
Total syns= 11.5 syns
Syns for the week so far= 24 syns
Syns left for the week syns =66 syns= 16.5 per day

Sunday Green day
Breakfast 2 Weetabix HEB, 250ml SS milk HEA
Lunch Mug Shot noodles
Dinner Chicken and Mushroom pasta and sauce cauliflower, carrot, sweetcorn 3x babybel light HEA
Snacks Banana, low fat custard 150ml 7 syns, Hifi bar HEB
Drinks Options hot choc 2 syns
Total syns= 9 syns
Syns for the week so far=33 syns
Syns left for the week= 57syns 19 syns per day

Monday EE day

Breakfast Activia Fat free, banana
Lunch 2xslices wm bread HEB Smoked salmon, 42g reduced fat cheese
Dinner Chicken Chasseur 3 syns (chicken, tomatoes,onions, mushrooms, chicken stock, tom puree,white wine) carrots, broccoli, sweetcorn, mashed potato with 1tbsp reduced fat margarine 3 syns 1 tsp mustard 0.5 syns
Snacks Activia Fat free
Drinks 250ml dry white wine 8.5 syns
Total syns= 15 syns
Syns for the week so far= 48 syns
Syns left for the week=42 syns 21 syns per day

TuesdayEE day
Breakfast Activia Fat free
Lunch Mug Shot noodles melon and grapes Activia fat free
Dinner Chicken Chasseur 3 syns Jacket potato carrots, broccoli, sweetcorn
Snacks 24g Galaxy caramel 6 syns 3 x babybel light HEA with Ryvita minis HEB
Drinks 200ml dry white wine 7 syns
Total syns 16
Syns for the week so far 64
Syns left for the week 26

Wednesday Green day
Breakfast banana
Lunch Mug Shot noodles melon and grapes
Dinner Saag Aloo (potatoes,onions,tomatoes, spinach. 1/2 sachet saag aloo spice mix) 1.5 syns, 3x poppadums 6 syns 42g x2 full fat soft cheese HEA x 2
Snacks activia fat free. 28g (approx) choc cake 5.5 syns 1x malteser (yes- 1 malteser!) 0.5 syn activia fat free Hifi bar x 2 HEBx2
Drinks 250ml rose wine 9 syns Options hot choc 2 syns
Total syns 24.5 syns
Syns for the week so far 88.5 syns
Syns left for the week 1.5 syns

Lost 2Ib this week :D

Last edited:
Thought I might take a moment to share a story with you.

One reason, among others, I am tackling my weight. It happened about a year ago. We were at a friends birthday party and I was feeling a bit bad about myself as of all the girls there I was the largest- and all the others had either had babies or worse, were actually pregnant and I was neither. Not a great way to make you feel good about yourself :(

At one point during the evening I got cold and wanted to go back to the B&B and get a jumper and my OH floated the suggestion that I could borrow something from our friend Maia. When I pointed out that Maia is a size 10 and I was somewhere around a size 16 so logistically that wasn't going to work he kindly pointed out that she had just had a baby so would still have all her maternity stuff. Boy, that felt great. Not :(

So, yeah- thought I'd just get that written down. Something to help me keep focussed!

Last edited:
Chicken Chasseur recipe

Chicken chasseur serves 4 = 3syns per serving
8 Skinless, boneless chicken thighs Free
2 onions, thickly sliced Free
250g whole button mushrooms Free
300 ml white wine 12 syns
400ml chicken stock Free
4 tomatoes, quartered (and de-seeded if you like) Free
1tbsp tomatoe puree (negligible syns per serving)

method:
  • Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Pan-fry the chicken over a medium-high heat using frylight, turning, until golden on both sides. Remove from the pan and keep to one side
  • Add the onions and mushrooms to the pan, stirring occasionally until they have a little colour and are beginning to soften, 6-8 mins.
  • Stir in the tomato purée and white wine, then pour in the consommé or stock.
  • Return the chicken to the pan and bring to a simmer.
  • Place a lid on the pan and continue to cook, allowing the sauce to just simmer for about 1 hr, or until the meat is completely tender
  • At the last 15 minutes, add the tomatoes. Simmer, without the lid, until has reached a nice consistency.
Serve with veg and mashed potato, or whatever you like :)

Last edited:
SW week 1/10/10-7/10/10

Friday Orginal Day
Breakfast 2x chocolate weetabix HEB+2 syns 300ml skimmed milk HEA
Lunch Chicken Chasseur 6 syns (chicken, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, chicken stock, tom puree,white wine)
Dinner Spaghetti Bolognese (extra lean mince, tomatoes, onions, seasoning) 100g wm spaghetti HEB, 28g cheese HEA
Snacks
Drinks
Total syns 8 syns
Syns for the week so far 8
Syns left for the week 82

Saturday EE day
Lunch Mugshot Noodles, melon and grapes Activia fat free
Dinner chicken, potatoes, oil for roasting 3 syns, cauliflower, carrots, broccoli. 2x m&s yorks puds 8 syns. Gravy 4 syns
Snacks HiFi bar HEB 4 x wine gums 4 syns
Drinks 250ml ss milk HEA 2x Echo Falls Echo Falls Spritz with White Zinfandel 250ml bottle= 11 syns
Total syns= 30 syns
Syns for the week so far= 38 syns
Syns left for the week= 52 syns = 13 syns per day.

Sunday EE day (got up lateso no lunch)
Breakfast carrots, apples, pineapple, grapes, melon
Dinner Bacon,eggs,mushrooms,tomatoes,
3xsausages Morrisons 60% less fat=1.5 syns. wm bread roll HEB
Snacks Activia fat free 2x Scan bran 'ferrero rocher'- 4 syns
Drinks options cracking hazel nut hot choc 1.5 syns 250ml ss milk HEA
Total syns= 7 syns
Syns for the week so far= 45 syns
Syns left for the week= 45 syns = 15 per day

Monday
Breakfast Activia Fat free, Banana
Lunch Bacon,eggs,mushrooms,tomatoes, wm bread roll HEB
Dinner Chicken Chasseur 3 syns (chicken, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, chicken stock, tom puree,white wine) carrots, broccoli, sweetcorn, mashed potato with 1tbsp reduced fat margarine 3 syns 1 tsp mustard 0.5 syns WW dessert recipe yoghurt
Snacks
Drinks 250ml ss milk HEA, 250ml white wine 8.5 syns
Total syns= 15 syns
Syns for the week so far= 60 syns
Syns left for the week= 30 syns, 15 per day

Tuesday Original day
Lunch Chicken Chasseur 3 syns (chicken, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, chicken stock, tom puree,white wine) Activia Fat free 3 x babybel light HEA with Ryvita minis HEB melon and grapes Dinner Chicken stirfry (chicken, soy sauce, ginger garlic, mushrooms,pak choi, baby corn, carrot, beansprout, cabbage, red onion, red pepper, spinach, coriander) WW dessert recipe yoghurt
Snacks Hi-fi bar HEB 2 x scan bran 'fererro rocher' 4 syns Snack-a-jacks caramel 6 syns
Drinks Options hot choc 1.5 syns 250ml ss milk HEA
Total syns 14.5 syns
Syns for the week so far 75 syns
Syns left for the week 15.5 syns

Wednesday Green Day
Breakfast Banana, Activia fat free Tesco reduced fat biscuit and raisin bars. 4.5 syns
Lunch Mugshot Noodles, melon and pineapple. Activia fat free 3x babybel light HEA 2 x Alpen light bars HEB
Dinner McCains Rustic Oven chips 400g 4 syns Baked Beans 42g reduced fat cheese, HEA 42g reduced fat cheese HEB. WW dessert recipe yoghurt
Snacks mini christmassy orange and cinnamon pie. 3.5 syns
Drinks 2x dashes milk in tea 1syn
Total syns 13
Syns for the week so far 88syns
Syns left for the week 3 syns

Lost 2.5Ib this week :)

Last edited:
In a really bad mood today so struggling to want to stay 100% today. Just know from experience if I blow it today... it'll only get worse. :( Must stay strong!!

Hey hun, try and have a hot drink. They're supposed to relax you. I woke up in a terrible mood and want to binge but i'm at work and cant leave the station, so I'm drinking lots of hot drinks.. hopefully it works x
Worth a go :) (though I'd rather try chocolate ;) lol )

I may go flexi tonight, give myself a few extra syns so I can have a glass of wine or something but have a few less over next few days. Having a chicken dinner at my mum and dads tonight so that will be few syns ) gravy, yorkshire pud, roasties etc but don't want to be tempted by other naughtiness :)

Just worked out if I have up to 30 tonight, I would be able to have up to 13 syns per day for rest of week to make up the extra used today, gives me another 25 to play with tonight and I'm still 100% following the plan ;)

Why not! If you're feeling bad you dont want to deprive yourself on more and make it worse. Flexi syns is a great idea.. enjoy yourself hun xx
Thanks for your encouragment. :)
Had dinner with parents and enjoyed roast dinner, and went back for seconds of roast chicken.

Had proper roast potatoes and syned them at 3syns as my mum used (according to her) 1 tbsp approx of oil which would have been 6 syns but then I deceided she probably underestimated so taking it as 2 tbsp of oil shared between 4 of us so, 3 syns each.

Also had 2 little ready made M&S yorks puds- pretty shocked they are 4 syns each. I have some dinky tidgy puds in the freezer which are only 1 syn each!

To round everything off I had 2 little bottles of the Echo Falls rose spritzer- which are 5.5 syns each.

It's amazing how quickly that all added up to 30 syns! :rolleyes:

Still, glad I deceided to flexi-syn it today. And as I said, if I keep things 13 syns or under for the rest of the week everthing will work out ok :)

Firstly - laura. I love the way you do your diary! It's so easy f
to follow. I may have to steal that idea as at a glance you can look back and see if you ave had your healthy extras , 1/3's ect. It's wicked!

Secondly. Well done to both of you for being strong u r an inspiration. I went a bit crazy yesterday. It's too late to flex it as I probably wouldn't have any syns left for the week, but I'm drawing a line under it and not turning it into a bad week

Firstly - laura. I love the way you do your diary! It's so easy f
to follow. I may have to steal that idea as at a glance you can look back and see if you ave had your healthy extras , 1/3's ect. It's wicked!
Thanks :) I just like pretty colours. :p And it does help me to see if I'm having enough of the superfree stuff, especially on an EE days :)

Scan bran 'ferrero rocher'

I know this will be somewhere else on the site but I thought I'd put here for myself for ease of reference :)

Makes 30@ 1 syn each, or 15@ 2 syns each (better size IMO)

Ingredients:
8 scan bran
4 level tbsp Nutella
1 level tbsp golden syrup
1tbsp water

Method:
  1. place the scan bran into a food processor and reduce to crumbs
  2. mix all ingredients into the crumbled scan bran and divide into petit four cases.
I have just made some and they are very nice but they turned out a bit 'wet' and I thought I used a little too much water but I just realised I only used 5 scan bran instead of 8. Doh! Oh well, I'll have to make another batch to see if it's better :p

Last edited:
SW week 8/10/10- 14/10/10

Friday Green Day
Breakfast Activia Fat free, banana
Lunch Scrambled eggs with 42g reduced fat cheese HEA, Ryvita minis HEB
Dinner Chicken and Mushroom pasta and sauce broccoli, carrot, sweetcorn 42g reduced fat cheese HEA
Snacks Tesco reduced fat biscuit and raisin bars. 4.5 syns WW dessert recipe yoghurt
Drinks 250ml ss milk HEB Options hot choc 1.5 syns
Total syns 6 syns
Syns for the week so far 6 syns
Syns left for the week 84 syns

Saturday EE day
Breakfast Activia fat free
Lunch Mug Shot noodles melon and grapes Activia fat free
Dinner chicken, tandoori powder, fat free yoghurt, mint. paneer HEAx1 + 2xHEB 2x poppadums 4 syns
Snacks 1 x ferrero rocher 3.5 syns. 1x bag Squares 5 syns Big Green One' choc 9.5 syns, box of mikado 8 syns, jaffa cakes 7 syns
Drinks 3x 330ml bottles of lager 24 syns
Total syns= 61 syns
Syns for the week so far= 67 syns
Syns left for the week= 23= approx 6 per day

Sunday Original day
Breakfast alpen light bar 1/2 HEB
Lunch melon and grapes
Dinner ham,bacon,egg, sausages x2 1 syns mushrooms WW dessert recipe yoghurt
Snacks alpen light bar 1/2 HEB 1xsquare of cadburys bliss chocolate 2 syns 3x babybel light HEA Hifibar HEB
Drinks 250ml ss milk HEA options hot choc 1.5 syns
Total syns=4.5 syns
Syns for the week so far= 71.5
Syns left for the week= 18.5 = 6 per day

Monday Green Day
Breakfast Activia fat free alpen light bar 1/2 HEB
Lunch Mug Shot noodles melon and grapes Activia fat free 3 x babybel light HEA
Dinner potato wedges, beans 42g reduced fat cheese HEA 42g reduced fat cheese HEB
Snacks alpen light bar 1/2 HEB Activia Fat free poppadum 2 syns, fat free youghurt and mint,
Drinks
Total syns= 2
Syns for the week so far= 73.5
Syns left for the week= 16.5 approx 8 per day.

WEEK 'WRITTEN OFF'
gained 3Ib this week :( grrrr. Didin't even go off plan that much but I retain water like a camel if I'm even slightly off plan! Back to 100% this week

Last edited:
Had a bad day yesterday.:break_diet:
Synned it all up- 61syns all together! :cry:

I will try to make up for it my having less syns rest of the days but it will be 6 syns or less which could get a bit challenging. If I have to, I will go up to 15 if it's the choice between that and going off plan all together.

Should be ok today though, wasn't very hungry earlier while at work so only had some fruit at lunch time but going to have a big grill up now :p

SW week 15/10/10-21/10/10

This week I will keep to a total of 90 syns for the week, or less!

Friday EE day
Lunch M&S Arbroath hot smoked salmon 1 syn lettuce, cucumber, spring onion, egg, new potato slices. Fresh pineapple and mango. Activia Fat free
Dinner Batchelors Pasta and Sauce cheese,leek and ham 1 syns. 4 tbsp semi-skimmed milk 1 syn Broccoli, carrot and sweetcorn
Snacks Banana Dark Chocolate 20g 5 syns Hi-fi bar.
Drinks 2 x dashes milk in tea 1 syn
Total syns syns 9 syns
Syns for the week so far 9 syns
Syns left for the week 81 syns

Saturday Green Day
Breakfast Activia Fat free, Banana
Lunch Mug Shot noodles
Dinner Jacket poato,Beans 42g cheese HEA WW dessert recipe yoghurt
Snacks Activia Fat free HiFi bar HEB WM roll HEB with phildelphia light 2.5 syns
Drinks 250ml ss milk HEB 230ml rose wine 8.5 syns
Total syns= 11 syns
Syns for the week so far= 20 syns
Syns left for the week=70 syns = 17.5 syns per day.

Sunday EE day (up late, just had snacks until main meal in evening)
Dinner roast chicken, 300g mccains rustic oven chips 3 syns lettuce cucumber 1tbsp BBq sauce 0.5 syns WW dessert recipe yoghurt
Snacks Activia fat free 24x maltesers 12 syns hifi bar HEB
Drinks 250ml ss milk HEA options hot choc 1.5 syns
Total syns= 17 syns
Syns for the week so far= 37 syns
Syns left for the week= 53 syns = 17.5 per day

Monday Green Day. Up late again. No breakfast
Brunch Mugshot Pasta Activia Fat free, banana
Dinner Saag aloo (potato, onion, tomato, spinach, saag aloo spices 1.5 syns) 42gx3 reduced fat cheese HEAx2 + HEB x1 fat free yoghurt, mint, coriander, tandoori powder
Snacks 2 x alpen light bar HEB 1/5th Baileys caramel cheesecake 11 syns.
Drinks
Total syns= 12.5 syns
Syns for the week so far= 49.5 syns
Syns left for the week= 40.5 syns, 20 per day

Tuesday Green Day
Breakfast Alpen light bar 1/2 HEB
Lunch Mugshot Pasta WW dessert recipe yoghurt Melon, grapes Squares crisps 5 syns
Dinner spaghetti with tomato pasta sauce. 42g reduced fat cheese HEA 1/10th bailey's cheesecake 5.5 syns
Snacks Banana 1 sq galaxy choc 1 syn Alpen light bar 1/2 HEB
Drinks
Total syns 11.5 syns
Syns for the week so far 61 syns
Syns left for the week 29 syns

Wednesday
Breakfast activia fat free
Lunch broccoli and blue cheese soup (broccoli,onion,garlic,potato, 14g blue cheese 1/2HEA) WM bread roll HEB, 1xbabybel 1/2 HEA
Dinner spaghetti bolognese, 42g reduced fat cheese HEA, WM roll HEB garlic 2tsp reduced fat spread 2 syns
Snacks melon mikado choc sticks 8 syns tesco choc/raisin bar 4.5 syns
Drinks
Total syns 14.5 syns
Syns for the week so far 75.5 syns
Syns left for the week syns 14.5

lost 1.5Ibs this week

Last edited:
So, I lost the plot again last week. I could probably have pulled it back after the bad Saturday but having OH off with me on Tuesday and the house still being filled with junk food and wine from the weekend... it's no excuse. I should be able to exercise some willpower. :eek:

I've just bought myself some (more) motivation!
I've just booked 5 afternoon sessions at the spa (1/2 price £25 each :D) one for each target I need to reach - 1.5st award, 2st award, 2.5st award and target, and then an extra session to use before the wedding next year! I'm only going to go once I have achieved each target so if I want to be pampered I better get focussed! :)

Back