LauraLoo's Food Diary

really well done mrs!!!!! 5lbs is amazing and such a positive start!! you will be a skinny minny in no time :)))))

Thanks chick! :D

So this weekend has been a bit over indulgent:whistle:....I didn't eat LOADS at the tapas place but one of the dishes was little soft cheeses which were fried - woooops. Only had a couple though! I think it's safe to say I went over my points though as had 2 large glasses of wine also, and a cocktail!

Today (Sunday) we were at a BBQ too, just about to work out my points for that. Will need to adjust my points throughout the week and I guess time will tell by next Sat if this has affected my loss too much or not....if so I'll just have to work harder next week though too.

Sunday 20/6/10

B - 2 glasses orange juice - 2 pts

L - 2 slice toast, 1 egg - 4 pts

D - small piece chicken (2), 1 frankfurter (3), 1 small burger (4?), 1 roll (1.5), potato salad (3), tbsp tomato sauce (0.5) - 14 pts (!!)

banana, small dollop ice cream - 5 pts?

few strawberries - 1 pt

Total - 26 pts

Wow I came in bang on full points today, I was sure once I added up what I had at the BBQ that I would have been over....so not too awful? I still prefer to try to stick to 21 when I can as am unsure about the extra ones for breastfeeding but it does make me hungry at times so using them up sometimes should balance out?! Here's hoping!
:eek:

Will still have to readjust this week to healthier options of course and resist too many treats! I need to do food shopping plan too and either an online shop or to shops tomorrow...must buy sensibly!

Monday 21/6/10

B - Oats So Simple - 2.5 pts

L - 1 slice toast w/ marg, 1 poached egg, tbsp brown sauce - 3 pts.
Bowl fresh pineapple - 1.5 pts

D - BBQ chicken, jacket potato, roasted veg (used wee drop olive oil) - 7 pts

Snacks - few apricots - 1 pt, snack a jacks - 1.5 pts, WW lemon slice - 1 pt, Fudge bar - 2 pts

Milk in tea - 1 pt

Total = 20.5 pts

Last edited:
Just want to document this here too for reference!

Spinach and Cheese Lasagne

serves 2, 5.5 points per portion

200g frozen spinach-defrosted

100g low fat soft cheese with garlic and herbs
6 sheets dried lasagne
1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
50g low fat cheddar, grated
pre heat oven gas mark 4/180
spray an oven dish with low fat cooking spray
mix the spinach and soft chees together, season to taste
put 2 lasagne sheets in bottom of dish and spread on half the spnach and cheese mixture
add 2 more sheets and tops with remainin mixture.
put final 2 sheets on top and pour over the tomatoe
sprinkle on the grated cheese and bake for 20 minutes

Tuesday 22/6/10

B - 2 crumpets, marg, 2tsp jam (4)

L - ham salad sandwich (3) snack a jacks (1.5) yoghurt (1) few jelly beans (1)

D - roasted tomato spaghetti - 6 (delicious!!)

Snacks - Twister (2), bit of DS's sandwich (naughty me, lol) - (2 to be on safe side?), curly wurly (2.5)

Milk in tea (1)

Total = 24 pts

Last edited:
Yesterday I was feeling pretty rubbish, I had a filling at the dentist in the morning and later on felt really sicky and yuck. Quite good for the ol' points though, should have helped balance things a bit from the weekend etc hopefully! Onto today.....

Thurs 24/6/10

B - 3 x crumpets & light jam - 4pts

L - veg soup + 2 x crusts away bread & marg - 2pts, go ahead fruit bake - 2pts

D - fish, homemade oven chips, tom sauce - 8pts

Snacks - fudge 2pts, frsh pineapple 2pts, 3 x cadburys fingers 1 pt?
Milk in tea - 1pt

Total = 22

Last edited:
Friday 25/6/10

B - 2 x crumpets and light jam - 3 pts

L - veg soup, 2 x crusts away (1.5), 2 nectarines (1), 2 belvita (2) - 4.5

D - spinach and cheese lasagne (5.5), garlic bread (2), salad (0) - 7.5
Jelly and raspberries -1.5

Snacks - 2 x belvita (left in pack from earlier) - 1.5 (cos a whole pack is 3.5 and not 4?!) go ahead bake - 2, teacake - 2

Milk in tea - 1pt

Total = 23

Last edited:
Hmmm wellllll weigh in this morning....I appear to have Stayed The Same. :confused: Actually possibly 0.5lb loss BUT I didn't write down the weight after decimal point last week, I just took note of the full lbs, so I don't want to say for sure.

I think to be honest it must just be due to the night out last weekend? I have stuck to things this week.

I think I have some confusion over the extra 5 points I get for breastfeeding though too...I often don't eat them but maybe I do need to?? Any advice anyone reading this??

Either way I am not too disheartened, because actually I was very surprised to have a 5lb loss last week, normally in the past when I have started diets before (Scottish Slimmers), the first week my body never loses, but the second week I get a much bigger loss...it seems to go into catch up mode lol! I appear to have done that in reverse this time?!

I am going to try and devise/invent new meals too over the next few weeks, and things like puddings and stuff - I love food and before long I know what I am like on these things, lose interest cos I feel denied of things! I am determined this time that won't happen! I really need to try and get the latest Shop and Eating Out Guide books though I think to help me....

Either way, I haven't put anything on anyway, this week I shall do more exercise too and continue with the plan. Onwards and upwards eh..!

Sat 26/6/10

Breakfast
Special K and 1% milk (4)
Cup of tea

Lunch
0 point tomato soup, 2 x crusts away (1.5)
WW lemon slice (1)

Dinner
roasted tomato spaghetti, rocket & 2 slice low fat garlic bread (8.5)
strawberries (1)

Snacks - cereal bar - 1.5, go ahead slices (3), curly wurly (2.5)
Milk in tea - 1

Total = 24

Last edited:
Sunday 27/6/10

Breakfast

None

Lunch
2 poached eggs on toast (crusts away) (4.5) hp sauce tbsp (0.5)

Dinner

2 x chicken fajitas (8), 4 tbsp reduced fat sour cream (2)

Snacks
Apple (0.5)
Scone (5 - was quite big and had some butter and jam on, darn coffee shops, lol)
1/2 a smoothie ice lolly (0.5)
a plain tortilla (1.5)

Total = 22.5

I feel so hungry tonight too, I just want to snack snack snack, argh! I have some leftover points though too, going to have some strawberries in a bit I think then will have a wee treat of some sort! Then early night to stop me eating loads!:eek:

Oops also ate a fudge and curly wurly = 4.5

= 27

Last edited:
hey hunni, sorry about your STS :-( i know how disheartening that is. just stay at it mrs, next week will be good, i can feel it!!

im away tomorrow so will catch up in 2 weeks when ill probably be moaning at being half a stone heavier!!! lol

Wednesday 30/6/10

Breakfast

2 slice wholemeal (3) and light jam (1)
tea

Lunch

cheese & pickle toastie (was at a friends house, going to point as 3 for bread then prob about 5 for the cheese too) so (8)

Dinner

Beans on toast (5.5)
curly wurly (2.5)

Snacks

Scone and jam (4)

Milk in tea (1)

Total = 25

Last edited:
hey Laura ;)

gatecrashing over from Slimming World :p

I always have a STS (sometimes even a gain) on * week, so I bet you see a nice loss this week instead. Your meal plans look fine, so I don't think it is anything there.

Back