Laura's bit of everything diet!

I am mostly having an amazing time! There have been a couple of times where I've been unhappy/thought I would have enjoyed it more if I were slimmer. In vietnam I kept getting people slapping and grabbing my arms and saying things like ohhh very big lady. It got seriously annoying. And embarrassing when others noticed because they were angry on my behalf. I just wanted to ignore it. I was happy when I left! Lol. X

Yeah it is common for Asian people to comment on size, I watched a programme about different cultures and weight loss etc , very interesting. Whenever I order clothes from Asian sites my size is always extra large which is usually a 10-12 , shocking really that that is considered extra large over there. Are you home now then? Xxx

No I'm not home yet. I'm in northern Thailand atm. Flying south in a couple days then 2 weeks on beaches and then home. Which is why I need to maintain the motivation for getting home! X

Well I got home about 4 days ago. All the motivation in tact and raring to go. First day back did a huge healthy food shop and started making meals up for the freezer. And then I have been really ill lol so annoying. I want to get on with exercise and eating healthy and now I can't eat anything.

I've lost a lot of weight, both on holiday and then from being ill too. I've lost 21lbs total. Gone from 17st11 to 16st4. Now only 5lbs away from lightest weight in January before my dad died.

I have mixed feeling as of course I want to lose weight but not like this. I'm pretty miserable from being ill and worried about my motivation surviving yet another obstacle!

Well, after Christmas, a week ago I weighed in at 16st 12.5! Pretty bad after losing all that weight on holiday but I have been back on it for a week and am down to 16st 7. So -5.5lbs in my first week which I am very happy with. Just got to keep going, I really want to see 15 stone exactly so that is my next goal. Maybe end of February?

Okay so I've done some realistic calculations and I think end of march is a better goal to lose another 21lbs. It just seems so long away!

Hey I'm doing a Valentine's challenge.. I'm aiming to lose 14lbs by then... Why don't you join us? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Oh yeah. I think i could do 10lbs by then. Where can i find that thread? X

In the 'general weight loss support and help' then in 'challenges - weight loss and otherwise' then it's called 'valentines challenge' I've put 14lbs but just want to get back into the 12's x

Ahh brilliant. I've put 10lbs, I'd secretly like to do more than that but I want it to be realistic!

What diet are you currently doing? I'm trying the 5:2.... Something new, so it's got me being sensible, for the time being anyway, hope I stick to it this weekend x

Just calorie counting. I have shakes for breakfast but just because it makes it easier for me. Exercise wise I run and do the 30 day shred every once in while. Actually thinking of going back to it today x

Just calorie counting. I have shakes for breakfast but just because it makes it easier for me. Exercise wise I run and do the 30 day shred every once in while. Actually thinking of going back to it today x

What's 30 day shred? I went back to the gym Monday after months and only managed a mile I was shattered!!

It's an exercise dvd. It is only 20 mins but you do it every day for 30 days and it has really good results. It has 3 levels of intensity that you do 10 days on, i normally have 2/3 rest days in that period. All 3 levels are on youtube. It's worth checking out. It is really hard but you see changes in strength and stamina quickly

Oh thanks I might give it a try, I struggle being good with food and exercise it's usually one or the other but I'll check YouTube out, thanks x

Me too. I'm always one or the other! Just different this time, or so far anyway! Think it helps it's only 20 mins and you don't have to leave the house. I've done day 2 already woop!

Well weighed in this morning. It's a little disheartening. I've been watching my weight go down all week and this morning its gone up lol not higher than it was, just my loss is smaller than i expected. I have just come off the pill tho so i am expecting some sort of epic period, if it is that i will feel a little better. If not i have no idea, i have been so good this week! Kept to my cals every day, run once and done shred 4 times.

Anyway this weeks loss is -2.5 as i weighed in at 16 st 4.5, i had seen 16 st 2.5 on the scales 2 days ago lol

Well weighed in this morning. It's a little disheartening. I've been watching my weight go down all week and this morning its gone up lol not higher than it was, just my loss is smaller than i expected. I have just come off the pill tho so i am expecting some sort of epic period, if it is that i will feel a little better. If not i have no idea, i have been so good this week! Kept to my cals every day, run once and done shred 4 times. Anyway this weeks loss is -2.5 as i weighed in at 16 st 4.5, i had seen 16 st 2.5 on the scales 2 days ago lol

Means a bigger loss next week. I always weigh heavier on a Monday :)

haha I hope so!

It is very odd as I feel very slim today (lol, but you know what I mean, slimmer) so it doesn't quite match up!!

Back