Laura's bit of everything diet!

haha me too! I always play sporadically but today I feel like getting 10 tickets!

Had such a bad dream last night - will explain later as I am just off to uni, but just thought I would let you know that I weighed in this morning at

dun dun dunnnnnn

18stone 8! yaayayayaayay :)

:talk017: woo hoo huge well done hun totally awesome and well deserved what a great weigh in :D xxx

So I am sat in lecture now I can tell you about my dreams!

I have a sort of recurring dream, well kind of, they always run along the same theme of the end of the world. How the apocalypse comes about varies from dream to dream, but I've covered everything from natural disasters, mass illness and zombies.

Basically everyone dies and I am left on my own and everyone is always trying to kill me!

Last nights dream my parents died first, some disease that was wiping everyone out lol then my brother told my bf (the ex) that I was having an affair so he divorced me and left me! Lol so I was on my own and miserable and then I lost all my guinea pigs :(

Haha depressing!

Anyway I just had a really good lecture so I'm cheered up!

Ooo thats not the best of dreams hun I have horrible ones when im stressed/worried and they always seem to be about war it varies who im with and where i am etc but not nice all the same, its horrible when you have your loved ones in them as well can totally sympathise with you.
Glad you had a good lecture to cheer you up though and the awesome weigh in xx

Interested in dreams- I think a lot of dream analysis and interpretation is hokum- but I learned about one school of thought that said to ignore the random detail of the dream and focus instead on how you felt during the dream (anxious/scared/elated/ grief-stricken etc) as that is useful in understanding what might be going on for you that your conscious mind doesn't want to acknowledge or deal with. Thought that was quite interesting when applied to a recurring dream I used to have. Details/places all different but theme and feelings always the same.

Hon I do not like that dream :( xx

Yeh Im not surprised, it reflects my life very clearly lol

When I was 13 I started to get night terrors and I was diagnosed with PTSD - they said when I got over the event that they would go away but 10+ years later they never did. I would say I have a pleasant dream maybe twice a year, perhaps even less. But I also get less of the night terrors too - they involve screaming and crying and lots of sweat :( very vivid. Now pretty much every night I just have nightmares. Ive almost become immune to them, but there are some, like last night that I wake up and I just want to cry! The emotions I experience throughout the dreams carry on into my waking life - this is the part that upsets me the most, that I cannot just wake up and shake it off!

I am sure its related to my many stresses but things like being terrified of my dad dying and dealing with my own complex issues are pretty much never going to go away. soooooo On with life I must go!

After uni I went to the gym and I was in such a good mood, despite said dream, however, I kinda ruined it. Dropped my brand spanking new phone on the tile floor and smashed it. ARGGGGGHHHH. So much undirected anger and I need a release! Absolutely desperate to placate myself with carby goodness and saturated fats. Somehow resisted the urge and picked up a lean steak and a bag of salad. If I must eat, ill have an 810 day!

Now I need to go look at pictures of baby rabbits or Im going to murder everyone! Sorry!

haha btw Tara, I bought a lottery ticket for tonight, fingers crossed ay ;)

Steak and salad! Yum!! Well done.

PTSD doesn't just go away babe. Are these the same dreams from back then?

Have you considered a meditation or yoga class?

Lots of excess RAH needs to go back to the gym?!? Xxxxx

Lol I regret eating now. Cow I'm calm again but oh well at least it wasn't the worst thing I could have eaten!

Erm the dreams are pretty much the same. They all run on a pretty miserable theme. All the bad things that you can imagine and worse! Its weird because I don't think about death and rape and murder in my waking hours. It just seems to plague me at night!

Ive had lots of different counselling and therapy and drugs throughout the years. Even if I am generally hapoy at the time nothing touches the dreams!

I've had some success with meditation but only with my insomnia.

X

Lol I regret eating now. Cow I'm calm again but oh well at least it wasn't the worst thing I could have eaten!

Erm the dreams are pretty much the same. They all run on a pretty miserable theme. All the bad things that you can imagine and worse! Its weird because I don't think about death and rape and murder in my waking hours. It just seems to plague me at night!

Ive had lots of different counselling and therapy and drugs throughout the years. Even if I am generally hapoy at the time nothing touches the dreams!

I've had some success with meditation but only with my insomnia.

X

It's unconscious and subconscious hon. You can't control you're sleeping hours unless you know yourself out.

Do not regret eating- I doubt that salad will have knocked you out of burn! The steak defo won't have done. You can get ketose sticks to check tho? Xxx

oohhhhh Im not really bothered about ketosticks or anything. I just want to lost the weight as quickly as possible lol so I would like to be 10 stone yesterday!

I have a weird twitchy pain on my lower belly, I think I may have a period coming but I am not sure. I havent had one in 3 years. I was on the depo for 2 years which stopped them and Ive been waiting about a year for my periods to restart. I hope that it is it because I want to sort my hormones out but also not looking forward to 3 years of period build up ;p

SO SEXY.

oohhhhh Im not really bothered about ketosticks or anything. I just want to lost the weight as quickly as possible lol so I would like to be 10 stone yesterday!

I have a weird twitchy pain on my lower belly, I think I may have a period coming but I am not sure. I havent had one in 3 years. I was on the depo for 2 years which stopped them and Ive been waiting about a year for my periods to restart. I hope that it is it because I want to sort my hormones out but also not looking forward to 3 years of period build up ;p

SO SEXY.

MEGAPERIOD :-/

Yeh Im not surprised, it reflects my life very clearly lol

When I was 13 I started to get night terrors and I was diagnosed with PTSD - they said when I got over the event that they would go away but 10+ years later they never did. I would say I have a pleasant dream maybe twice a year, perhaps even less. But I also get less of the night terrors too - they involve screaming and crying and lots of sweat :( very vivid. Now pretty much every night I just have nightmares. Ive almost become immune to them, but there are some, like last night that I wake up and I just want to cry! The emotions I experience throughout the dreams carry on into my waking life - this is the part that upsets me the most, that I cannot just wake up and shake it off!

I am sure its related to my many stresses but things like being terrified of my dad dying and dealing with my own complex issues are pretty much never going to go away. soooooo On with life I must go!

After uni I went to the gym and I was in such a good mood, despite said dream, however, I kinda ruined it. Dropped my brand spanking new phone on the tile floor and smashed it. ARGGGGGHHHH. So much undirected anger and I need a release! Absolutely desperate to placate myself with carby goodness and saturated fats. Somehow resisted the urge and picked up a lean steak and a bag of salad. If I must eat, ill have an 810 day!

Now I need to go look at pictures of baby rabbits or Im going to murder everyone! Sorry!

haha btw Tara, I bought a lottery ticket for tonight, fingers crossed ay ;)

Hugs hun i really do know what its like (perhaps not the PTSD) but the horrible dreams mu hubby has to wake me up sometimes otherwise i would scream the house down :/ there are other times that i just wake up sobbing and can only remember pieces of the dream thats when i get up and drink coffee and smoke ciggies until the sun rises lol It's horrible the next day is just a blur of going over things in your head. I've been to the docs before and he ended up trying different sleeping pills which i didnt really want but it had got to the point that i just wasnt sleeping because i didnt want to have dreams but i eventually gave it ago and i have to say they did help, took a while to get the right time to take the in the evening as they are pretty strong and i would sort of just zone out after taking them (quite funny for hubby to watch and pointless trying to have a convo with me as i couldnt ingest anything he said lol) But they certainly help and now i dont have them anywhere near as much nightmares and only take the sleeping pills when i have a run of them now so a big improvement.

Sorry to hear about your new phone have you got insurence on it? god i would have gone mental lol but well done for having the right food choice hun :happy096:

Hope your having a better day today hun xx

OHHH you know life has come to an odd place when you are angry at yourself for eating 1100 calories :/

so mad. I didnt even eat anything highly calorific or fatty or carby. Its just old eating patterns, the need to stuff my bleeeeeding face. EUGH. Healthy binge is still a bloody binge! So worried Ive put weight on :(

Right well Im too annoyed to write a decent entry but tmrw I will tell you all about - my new kettlebell, a kickass gym sesh, my therapy session where we addressed my nightmares with some interesting outcomes and my lack of dissertation writing...oooohhh and a really nice new dress!

but for now, Im going to take my miserable ass to bed X

Stay calm hon. A bit of zig zagging will sometimes do the world of good. Xxxxx

OHHH you know life has come to an odd place when you are angry at yourself for eating 1100 calories :/

so mad. I didnt even eat anything highly calorific or fatty or carby. Its just old eating patterns, the need to stuff my bleeeeeding face. EUGH. Healthy binge is still a bloody binge! So worried Ive put weight on :(

Right well Im too annoyed to write a decent entry but tmrw I will tell you all about - my new kettlebell, a kickass gym sesh, my therapy session where we addressed my nightmares with some interesting outcomes and my lack of dissertation writing...oooohhh and a really nice new dress!

but for now, Im going to take my miserable ass to bed X

:bighug:

You may have binged hun but it was heathy so please dont go beating yourself up over it, let it go that was then and todays a new day!
Don't stress about a possible weight gain it will do no good at all hun just pull yourself back and let it go you can do this and you are doing this we have a long way to go and its going to be a up and down journey but what you have to remember is rather then letting the down moments take hold of you you have to brush them away and move on otherwise we will all get stuck. You are awesome and amazing and can do this!! Have faith in yourself and the hard work you are putting in :D

Ooo kettlebells look forward to hearing about that, i quite like the look of kettlebell workouts.And the therepy sess sounds good hun look forward to hearing all about it.

Chin up hun and wake up positive and fighting :D xx

Thanks ladies I knew I was angry at myself and I shouldnt be but I couldnt shrug it off last night, I feel better this morning. I wish I showed some more restraint but I didn't. plus I only have healthy food in my house so at least my over eating wasnt the worst it could have been. Very bloated today, not enjoying that lol still no sign of period tho? not really sure what is going on down there! lol I am hoping it turns up. I think it may be why I am being quite mental too ;)

So yesterday I did a shop in sainsburys and in their sale I found a kettlebell for 4.99! so cheap! Im going to download the kettleworx dvds and that can be another at home work out. Really been fancying the kettleworx for a long time and seen people with amazing results but its like 100 quid on ebay so I was chuffed when I saw that bargain! I also bought myself some posh new pans. They were definitely not in the sale! lol but I have my old cheap student pans that were asda smart price and they are all rusty and the non stick is peeling off so I decided to invest in some decent ones and these have a 10 year guarantee but I suspect they will last longer! They are very pretty :) I also bought a couple bits of clothing, some jeans, a lovely day jacket and a dress, all in the next size down. The jacket is perfect already, the jeans are about a stone off Im guessing? and the dress is so close its tantalizing! It looks amazing everywhere but my tummy. Even with magic pants on! Its such a shame I carry most of my weight there. I think maybe its a stone away too, but not if I dont lose that stone off my tummy. I took some photos and I will show you all, see what you think!

Before the shop I went to therapy and the gym, both were really good! This weeks therapy topics were my dreams and my therapist pointed out to me that even though every dream was horrible, I always survived, I have never died in my hideous dreams, not once! I never really noticed that. I was so hung up on the crap that was going on around me. He asked me what I thought about dreams and what they were. I said that I thought they were an odd jumble and collection of thoughts that were in your head but you never really grasped or thought properly. all the subconscious and unconscious or semi conscious, almost there but not quite thoughts! He agreed and said that is exactly what he thought. He said that my brain is shouting at me to tell me something, again and again. You are a survivor. It kept putting me in increasingly horrible situations to labour the point, that I was never getting. Its funny cos this makes so much sense to me, and I have spent so much of my life thinking about these dreams, trying to change them or understand them or get rid. I never thought to look for positives and I always thought the theme was death, not survival. It has really given me alot to think about these last couple days. I have had several traumatic events in my life and Ive been so bogged down by negativity I never thought to look for the positives. I would say although therapy has helped me a lot over the years I have never really had any massive break throughs and this is a first! He has given me some exercises and things to try which may help reduce the amount of nightmares/ night terrors I get.

I then went from there to the gym and had a really good time, you know when you have the perfect work out and it makes you feel amazing! I had such a buzz but I was so hungry when I came home, so maybe that I why I ate so much?

Anyyyyywayy

Today started okay, up early and went for a morning swim. Then went into town for a few bits. The party I am going to on Sat is fancy dress with a made in china theme so my friend and I decided I would go as a pokemon and she as a pokemon trainer haha. So I am now sat in my mothers kitchen as we attempt to make a pikachu costume! I actually really enjoy it. When I went to uni the first time I made mine and all my friends costumes, so many to mention! My favourite was for a friend doing teachers training, for world book day she had to be a character and she chose red riding hood, so I made her a red riding hood! I remember being so impressed with myself over the hood! It was quite a challenge. Now that I am back home and my friends are all young professionals ;) I dont really go to many fancy dress parties - once a year mostly for halloween. But 2 years ago I got close to a friend of a friend and she has these random parties with random fancy dress themes and I absolutely love it! people get really creative! Last year I went to a greek mythology one and went as the god Urania. She is the god of the skys so I made a toga and a cape of the night sky. Last halloween the theme was inappropriate people - there were many jimmy savills :p and Michael Jacksons lol Cant wait to see what people turn up as tmrw! its half the fun!

So Im off to sew some more, will post the pics of the dress in a sec!

x

sorry about the mess in my room! lol

You look beautiful!!! What a lush dress. :)

Also kettle bell DVDs- there seem to be loads on YouTube?

Thinking of u! You are doing amazing! I hope you forgive yourself for having a healthy food binge!!! Crazy woman xxxx

Also.... PIIIIIIIIIKACHHUUUUUUUU!!!

loving the dress- looks good on you
totally jealous by all the purchases
making me really wanna go shopping now lol

Thanks! just got to get the tummy down! ;) sorry about showing off, I hope it doesnt look like bragging cos I really hate people doing that lol just thought I would share! x
You look beautiful!!! What a lush dress. :)

Also kettle bell DVDs- there seem to be loads on YouTube?

Thinking of u! You are doing amazing! I hope you forgive yourself for having a healthy food binge!!! Crazy woman xxxx

Also.... PIIIIIIIIIKACHHUUUUUUUU!!!

Yeah Ive seen loads online so I think I am pretty sorted! Haha yeah I have pretty much forgiven myself. Totally forgot I have a family do tonight, so I will be offplan this eve and tmrw eve. Will just have to get straight back on it monday to sort myself out!

So its tapas tonight, in a restaurant I really like, so at least I feel like Im coming off plan for something that is worth it!

Pikachu is coming on quite well :p will post finished pics tmrw :p

x

Back