Laura's Diary - Have had labyrinthitis :-(

Lozbo

Silver Member
Hi, I used to come on here a while ago but I fell off the wagon big time. I actually haven't even weighed myself in months. I decided that I was going to jump back on the wagon with WW starting next Monday ( I was going to start New Years Day but I have 2 meals out this weekend). So I will have my first WI on Saturday and see how much damage I have done.
At first I was too nervous to come back on here, but then I got a text from someone who I used to speak to on here who was in the same position I was in (Thanks for the text- if you read this). So I decided that I was going to do a complete re-start which included coming back to minimins.
Although I have tried to lose weight on WW for a while now I didn't seem to be able to stick to it. I now know that was due to a lack of will power and not being in the right frame of mind.
I have had a big think about my life over the last month or so, and many many talks about things with my OH. I feel that now is the right time to start again with my diet.

So I will be weighing myself on Saturday to take my starting weight. I will make wise food choices at the meals that I am going out for this weekend.

I am really hoping that this time I can do it! :) xx

Thanks! :)
I think I'm going to stick with the old points system and see how I do. It just seems easier for me as I already have the calculator and books etc. and have already pointed a lot of my recipes.
Are you doing to the new one? xx

Welcome back and good luck :) I don't know if I was called this last time you were here, it's Jess, had a name change :D x

Welcome back and good luck :) I don't know if I was called this last time you were here, it's Jess, had a name change :D x

Thanks Jess! Hope you're doing good, will go catch up with your diary. :D xx

I'm doing the new Propoints - I'm going to give it a bash and if I don't get on with it I'll go back to Discover! :) xxx

Good Luke with the Propoints! :) I might try it at some point. xx

So today is the first day of my restart. I weighed myself for the first time in months on Saturday to get a starting weight. I am quite pleased with the result as it means I have stayed the same since I last weighed myself and not put anything on!

I had quite a relaxing weekend - can't really afford to go out much now until payday! I managed to finish putting all of our 224 cds onto our laptop and sorting out my Itunes! I started this task over a year ago, finally finished! :)

I am going to get an early night this evening as I didn't seem to sleep much last night. Am going to get the Wii out when I get home from work and do some exercise on that. Then have a lovely bath, then dinner, then bed I think!

Food Diary -
B: Crunchy Nut Cornflakes (1.5), Milk 1/4 pint semi (1).
S: Orange Juice Carton (1), Oaty Bar (1.5)
L: Potato and Leek Cup-A-Soup (1), Roll (2), Margerine (1), Apple (0.5)
S: Monster Munch (1.5)
D: Sausage, Butterbean, Potato and Leek Casserole (8) Extra Gravy (1)
S: Banana (1.5) Yogurt (1.5)

Total -23/25 Saved - 2.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and is having a good day! xx

Last edited:
You might want to get an external harddrive to back that up or you would be crushed if you had to reformat! Then if you ever get a new PC or laptop it will be much easier :)

Hope day 1 goes well!

Hiya

Good luck with the restart! Im sticking to discover too, feel the same as you that I've got the old stuff so just seems easier. Hope you're getting on okay!

You might want to get an external harddrive to back that up or you would be crushed if you had to reformat! Then if you ever get a new PC or laptop it will be much easier :)

Hope day 1 goes well!

Thanks, yeah I think I will do that! After getting it all on there I would be so annoyed if something happened and I lost it all. xx

Hiya

Good luck with the restart! Im sticking to discover too, feel the same as you that I've got the old stuff so just seems easier. Hope you're getting on okay!

Thanks! I might look into the Propoints at some point but I'm just going to stick to what I know for now :) xx

My first day went really well! I didn't feel hungry at all throughout the day which is good. The worst time for me with snacking is just after work and before dinner. Yesterday I just kept myself busy when I got home from work - done some exercise on the wii and had a long bath.

Food Diary -
B: Crunchy Nut Cornflakes (1.5), Milk 1/4 pint semi (1).
S: Orange Juice (1), Oaty Cereal Bar (1.5)
L: Low fat sausages x 2 (3), Lettuce (0), Beetroot (0), Salad cream Light (1).
S: Apple (0.5), Monster Munch (1.5)
D: Chicken Fajitas x 2 (9.5)
S: Chocolates x 3 (3)

Total - 23.5/25 Saved (Weekly) - 3.5

Hope everyone's having a good day! :D xx

Last edited:
Thanks for popping into my diary too! Hope you've had a good day today and things are going well. x

hello! welcome back :D

any chance of the recipe for that casserole? it sounds totally lush! xxx

Thanks for popping into my diary too! Hope you've had a good day today and things are going well. x

Thanks! :) xx

hello! welcome back :D

any chance of the recipe for that casserole? it sounds totally lush! xxx

Thanks Rach! :) I will get the recipe for the casserole and put it up here next time I log on at home - it was yummy! xx

Yesterday was a pretty stressful day at work. We are kinda short staffed in our department at the moment plus we have taken on more jobs since they made our receptionist redundant. On Mondays' it is absolutely manic, the rest of the week just really busy! Yesterday the two other people in my department had a bit of an argument as the stress is getting to us. It was a silly thing to row about but one of them, our supervisor, spoke to the other in a really unprofessional way. It was really awkward! But I'm really proud of myself for not reaching for the take-away menu or snacks when I got home as that's what I would normally do after a rough day! So that's another step in the right direction for my will power! :D

I had a really chilled out evening yesterday, me and OH just watched a couple of episodes of Lie to Me with my sister.

Food Diary -
B: Crunchy Nut Cornflakes (1.5), Milk 1/4 pint semi (1)
S: Orange Juice Carton (1), Oaty Cereal Bar (1.5)
L: Brocolli and Cauliflower Cup-A-Soup (1), Roll (2), Marg. (1), Apple (0.5).
S: Monster Munch (1.5)
D: Spinah and cream cheese lasagne with a turkey steak (8.5)
S: Chocolates (4)

Total - 23.5/25 Saved (Weekly) - 5.

Hope everyone has a good day! xx

Last edited:
Looks like you are doing well points wise, keep up the good work!! :D

Looks like you are doing well points wise, keep up the good work!! :D

Thanks! :D

Yesterday work was a bit quieter which was good. It was still quite awkward as my two colleagues were still not really talking. I'm hoping something positive will come out of it though as my supervisor needs to learn that he can't talk to people the way he did in a working environment.

I've decided that I'm going to give up smoking as well. I've been cutting down a lot recently to get read to quit and I just feel like I'm ready to try to give up. I'm going to try starting from Sunday as I have a night out Saturday which will probably be the wrong time to quit completely. I know it's going to be hard to give up smoking and diet at the same time but I feel I want to give it a go. If I find that I'm struggling then I will return to what I'm doing now which is concentrating on the diet and just really cutting down on the smoking. We'll see what happens next week when I try to quit completely first as I'm hoping I'll be able to do it! :)

Food Diary -
B: Crunchy nut cornflakes (1.5), Milk 1/4 pint semi (1)
S: Cherries and Berries juice carton (1), Oaty cereal bar (1.5)
L: Chicken fajita wrap (4.5), apple (0.5)
S: Hula Hoops (1.5)
D: Chicken Macaroni (6.5), Grated cheese (2)
S: Chocolates (4).

Total - 24/25 Saved (Weekly) - 6.

Hope everyone has a good day! xx :)

Last edited:
Well done on making a decision to give up smoking and you seem to have a sensible attitude to it too, focussing on diet and cutting back if need be. You should post how you are getting on in your diary to keep you motivated!! Good luck with it!! x

Welcome back Hun! There's a lot of us back to shift some weight ;)

Well done on making a decision to give up smoking and you seem to have a sensible attitude to it too, focussing on diet and cutting back if need be. You should post how you are getting on in your diary to keep you motivated!! Good luck with it!! x

Thanks! I think I will post about giving up smoking here as well, it will help! xx

Welcome back Hun! There's a lot of us back to shift some weight ;)

Thanks! :) Will go and find your diary and catch up. xx

I am absolutely knackered today! Didn't get much sleep last night as me and OH had a bit of an argument. It was silly really. His parents wanted to buy him a new mobile as they said it cost them a lot to ring him. He said no as he was on the same network as me and didn't want to make it too expensive for me to ring him. Anyways they have now gone out and brought him a new phone on the same network as them. That really bugged me as what gives them the right to decide what network he should be on and to make it more expensive for me. They then said why doesn't he have 2 phones and just keep their one for them to call him on (their own private line basically), which he even said is silly. My OH is so forgetful that if he had 2 phones he would lose one or keep leaving it at home etc. His mum is very possessive of him and clingy. I really like her but sometimes I wish she would just let him live his life and make his own decisions. He's 36 next week and she still treats him like a child.
Sorry for my rant but I needed to get it out! OH ended up seeing my point of view and apologise for the fact that he doesn't help the situation because he finds it very difficult to say 'no' to his mum or disagree with her about anything. He said he now sees how much that can affect our relationship and will try to change this. *fingers crossed*

So I am definitely getting an early night tonight. Will probably watch some Lie to Me episodes with OH and sister later and just chill out.
I may not get the chance to update over the weekend as I'm going shopping with OH and sister tomorrow and all getting our hair cut. Then am round my best friends with OH tomorrow night - she told us she was pregnant just before christmas and I haven't seen her since christmas eve so I'm looking forward to that! :)

No food diary today as I haven't brought any lunch to work so not sure what I'm going to get, but I will make sure I point it!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend! xx

Hey Laura

Nightmare with OH, mums and their boys eh?? Hope you manage to get an early night. Enjoy catching up with your friend, recently loads of my friend have become pregnant is dead exciting!!
Hope you have a good weekend too x

Oh dear! I think someone needs to cut the apron strings! There's an old saying that goes..you have a daughters heart for life but only have a sons until he finds a wife. Maybe she's jealous that there's another lady influencing his life? Hope she backs on and leaves him alone x

Men and their mothers! I have to admit Rob isn't too influenced by his mum, maybe a little! I went out with a guy before Rob who was ruled by his bossy mother - was a right pain in the butt!

Your menu's look fab and well done for embracing the ceasing of smoking - I wish I had your willpower in that regard! xxx

Back