Laura's Diary

Lozbo

Silver Member
I have posted in the introduction section already but am going to write just a little bit here to start off my diary.
Im 28 and have struggled with my weight since I was around 14 years old. I have PCOS which I know doesn't help. I used to post on this site frequently years ago...I cant remember why I stopped...I think I started a new job which took up so much of my time. I lost some weight last year but have recently put it all back on again.
My husband suddenly passed away 4 months ago and I just gave up on a lot of things. But the last week or so I have realised that I need to look after myself and get some control back over my life. So I am going to weigh in for the first time in months tomorrow morning. I would be pleased if I had managed to keep my weight below 18st to be honest.
I need something to focus on at the moment...and what better thing to put my energy into than my health and well-being? So my weight-loss journey starts here.
Thanks for reading :) x

Hi Laura,

So sorry to hear that about your husband, that must be so hard for you.

Tomorrow is a fresh start then, good luck. Look forward to hearing more from you.

xxx

Thanks Delbel :)

Yes today is a new start.
At the moment I have been trying to regain some sort of routine to my life. I had only just started a new job that was temp to perm when my husband went into hospital. I quit my job so I could look after him through any treatment but he didnt make it to that stage and passed away suddenly after only 3 days in hospital. So I started to volunteer at a childrens centre one morning a week and am waiting to hear back from my local hospice about volunteering in their office for a while.
Today I did an hour of exercise first thing this morning...just a fitness cardio dvd. I am going to go food shopping tomorrow to stock up on healthy bits. Its harder now that ive had to move back in with my parents and sister and brother as theres so many snacks around the kitchen...just means I will have to make sure I stay committed :)

My weigh in this morning...I am 17st 11. So bad but considering id basically given up on myself the last few months I think it could have been worse.
My first goal is going to be to make it to 17stone.

Hope everyone who reads my ramblings is well and had a nice weekend xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi again,

I think ur doing absolutely fantastic to be so motivated already, well done.

I know what you mean about temptation, with 2 little ones in the house there's always crisps and biscuits and other lovely things here, a real test of willpower!

I am shocking when it comes to exercise, no motivation for it at all!! I do go to a Bokwa class once a week though, which is a start!

Small targets are best, I started at 15st12.5lbs and can't wait to get in the 14's. I'm on 15st6.5lbs at the moment. Getting there.

Take care

Adele

xxx

Hi again,

I think ur doing absolutely fantastic to be so motivated already, well done.

I know what you mean about temptation, with 2 little ones in the house there's always crisps and biscuits and other lovely things here, a real test of willpower!

I am shocking when it comes to exercise, no motivation for it at all!! I do go to a Bokwa class once a week though, which is a start!

Small targets are best, I started at 15st12.5lbs and can't wait to get in the 14's. I'm on 15st6.5lbs at the moment. Getting there.

Take care

Adele

xxx

Thanks Adele!
Bokwa? Sorry I dont even know what that is. Do you enjoy it?
You're doing really well so far...the 14s aren't far off for you.xxx

This morning I did another hour exercise dvd. And am going to walk to and from my friends house this evening where I would normally take the bus. She has a three month old baby and her husband is a fireman so when hes on nights I go round to help her out if I can.

Ive decided to make a note of my daily food quickly here too so that I can keep track of it. Most of my food and snacks etc are homemade so I know I use low-fat ingredients as much as I can.

B - Muller Light yogurt and grapes.
S - Macadamia biscuit.
L - Parmesan bread and cup of herbal tea.
S - Apple.
D - I will be making chicken breast in an orange sauce with sweet potatoes, parsnips and carrorts. Fruit juice.
S - If I do get hungry later I'll have a small piece of my banana spice cake.

So day 2 is going well so far :) xx

Hiy, hon, think I'm in the right place now? I was so sorry to see about your husband, I hope you can get lots of support on here, for what it's worth. It's great that you're looking after yourself so soon after a personal tragedy - it can't be easy. :) xx

Hi Laura,

You are doing so well. bokwa is a type of step aerobics, very intense!

The 14s feel like they are getting closer, but I can't believe I might actually get there, its been a long time since I've seen the 14s!

Keep up the good work, speak soon.

Xxxx

Hiy, hon, think I'm in the right place now? I was so sorry to see about your husband, I hope you can get lots of support on here, for what it's worth. It's great that you're looking after yourself so soon after a personal tragedy - it can't be easy. :) xx

Hi...yes this is my diary :) or just a place for me to ramble.
Thanks hun. Its not easy but I try to think positive as much as I can. Everyone says life is too short but I guess it really brought it home to me so trying to live life to the fullest now.xx

Hi Laura,

You are doing so well. bokwa is a type of step aerobics, very intense!

The 14s feel like they are getting closer, but I can't believe I might actually get there, its been a long time since I've seen the 14s!

Keep up the good work, speak soon.

Xxxx

Thanks Adele. Aww ok...I used to love step aerobics so once ive got a bit of my fitness back I might look bokwa up. You can get there and you will get there :) xxx

So today I did my hour exercise dvd in the morning again...im really enjoying working out again. Just been food shopping so lots of fruit and veg. Afternoon is going to be spent ironing...such fun!

Food today:
B- Muller Light yogurt and sultanas.
S - Macadamia biscuit.
L - Parmesan bread and herbal tea.
S - Apple.
D - Chicken and vegetable stir-fry and noodles.
S - Banana spice cake.

Hope everyone is having a nice day.xxx

Just a quick update tonight...seem to be really busy today.

Food:
B - Muller Light yogurt and sultanas.
S - Macadamia biscuit.
L - Poached egg and toast.
S - Apple.
D - Turkey and ricotta cannelloni with Leeks and peas. Fruit juice.
S - Banana spice cake.

Hope everyones having a nice day xx

Re: Laura's Diary - 9lbs loss this week!

Had a problem with my internet over the weekend so wasnt able to post.

Weigh in this morning and lost 9lbs this week!! :)
I know it'll be much less from now on each week but its a good kick start.

Had an interview for volunteering this morning which went well. Am looking forward to getting a bit of a routine back in my life.
Going swimming later with my sister so thats my exercise for today.

Food plan today:
B - Branflakes
S - Gingerbread biscuit
L - Turkey salad wrap
S - Apple
D - Chicken breast, new potatoes, carrots, peas and gravy.
S - Hot Chocolate.

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend.x

Last edited:
Found you too :) a totally amazing 9lb you certainly are on the road to living life to the Fullest.
I try to think of my body as a car and how I would treat it if I wanted it to last.
Sad to read about your Husband Loz can't imagine what you've been through, I do hope you get a nice result from your interview.
Have a good day with that big smile you must have at saying ta ta to that 9er this morning :) x

Found you too :) a totally amazing 9lb you certainly are on the road to living life to the Fullest.
I try to think of my body as a car and how I would treat it if I wanted it to last.
Sad to read about your Husband Loz can't imagine what you've been through, I do hope you get a nice result from your interview.
Have a good day with that big smile you must have at saying ta ta to that 9er this morning :) x

Thanks hun :)
Thats a good way to think of it!
Thank you...they want me to start asap so I'm really pleased.
Hope you're having a good day xx

Woohoo, 9lbs is great! Keep up the good work!! :) xx

Thanks so much hun xx

Yesterday really gave me a boost after my weigh in.
My volunteer interview went really well so they want to train me asap. Just have to wait for the checks to be done as its working with disabled or vulnerable young people. Im really looking forward to it.
Just off to another volunteer interview now to do some work in a charity shop.

Went swimming last night which was great. I feel so much fitter after I swim. Managed to keep up with my much slimmer sister so was happy. Shes really good at motivating me.

Food plan:
B - Branflakes
S - Gingerbread biscuit.
L - Turkey salad wrap and apple.
S - Muller light yogurt and some pomegranate.
D - Turkey shepherds pie with spinach, kale, carrots and green beans.
S - Hot Chocolate.

Hope everyone has a lovely day! xx

That's great news about the volunteering role, hon. Is it a field you've previously worked in? :) xx

Thanks. No its something different. Ive worked in a nursery before with younger children but this is helping with disabled teenagers or younger people with learning difficulties or who have been abused etc. It'll be challenging but I'm looking forward to it. Hope you are feeling better xx

So yesterday was a busy day. I had to fill in some paperwork at the charity office that I had the interview at yesterday. Then I popped to a local charity shop and am now going to volunteer there every Wednesday...starting today!
Im really looking forward to feeling like I have some kind of routine back. I'm not quite ready to look for work again just yet but volunteering will help me get to that point.

Am still aching from swimming on Monday evening which is quite amusing to my brother.

Food plan:
B - Cornflakes
S - Gingerbread biscuit.
L - Turkey salad wrap.
S - Apple.
D - Sesame seed coated chicken breast, rice, peas, and kale. Maybe some low fat sweet and sour sauce.
S - Muller light yogurt and banana.

Must remember to take my umbrella today!

Hope everyone has a lovely day. xx

Lozbo said:
Thanks. No its something different. Ive worked in a nursery before with younger children but this is helping with disabled teenagers or younger people with learning difficulties or who have been abused etc. It'll be challenging but I'm looking forward to it. Hope you are feeling better xx

So yesterday was a busy day. I had to fill in some paperwork at the charity office that I had the interview at yesterday. Then I popped to a local charity shop and am now going to volunteer there every Wednesday...starting today!
Im really looking forward to feeling like I have some kind of routine back. I'm not quite ready to look for work again just yet but volunteering will help me get to that point.

Am still aching from swimming on Monday evening which is quite amusing to my brother.

Food plan:
B - Cornflakes
S - Gingerbread biscuit.
L - Turkey salad wrap.
S - Apple.
D - Sesame seed coated chicken breast, rice, peas, and kale. Maybe some low fat sweet and sour sauce.
S - Muller light yogurt and banana.

Must remember to take my umbrella today!

Hope everyone has a lovely day. xx

That sounds interesting, if challenging, as you say. I've never worked with children/teenagers myself, though did consider teaching as a career when I was younger. I do have a 13 year old daughter however, so am certainly aware of the challenges presented by youngsters of that age, even under "normal" circumstances, lol. I hope you get on really well with it. :) xx

That sounds interesting, if challenging, as you say. I've never worked with children/teenagers myself, though did consider teaching as a career when I was younger. I do have a 13 year old daughter however, so am certainly aware of the challenges presented by youngsters of that age, even under "normal" circumstances, lol. I hope you get on really well with it. :) xx

Thanks hun. It can be challenging but its also really enjoyable most of the time. xx

So yesterday was my first day volunteering at the charity shop. It was really good and the other people there are lovely. Theres a lady manager whos a bit older than me but she lost her husband last year so she was giving me some advice etc which was nice. But mostly it was good to just get stuck into doing something. Its non-stop there. I think I only sat down for 15mins the whole day. Plus I then walked the 2.5 miles home too. So it will help keep me active.

Just done a quick half hour workout this morning as I feel like I might have a little cold coming on. So going to make some thyme tea and relax a little today. Although will do some baking...my favourite hobby.

Food plan:
B - Activia yogurt and banana
S - Gingerbread biscuit
L - 2 x piklets (sp?)
S - Apple
D - Chicken and sweet potato curry with rice and kale.
S - Jaffa cake.

Hope you all have a nice day xx

Hi again Laura!

Sorry its been a while, been having a tough time with the baby, so have been exhausted!

So happy for you on your great 1st weigh in, you must have been over the moon with that.

Sounds like your volunteer work is goimg great too, thats great.

I saw one of your dinners was sesame seed coated chicken, how was it? Sounds lovely I might have to try that one :)

Hope u are having a great day!

Adele

x

Mmmm, your food sounds nice - I love pikelets! Glad you had a good, if busy, day at your volunteering. :) xx

Mmm yes pikelets are yummy! Thanks hun. Glad you're feeling better too...hope I havent jinxed it now lol xx

Hi again Laura!

Sorry its been a while, been having a tough time with the baby, so have been exhausted!

So happy for you on your great 1st weigh in, you must have been over the moon with that.

Sounds like your volunteer work is goimg great too, thats great.

I saw one of your dinners was sesame seed coated chicken, how was it? Sounds lovely I might have to try that one :)

Hope u are having a great day!

Adele

x

Hi Adele.
Aww sorry to hear that things have been tough with baby. I hope it gets better soon. I just looked ar your diary and im sure I wrote out a reply days ago but I must have not actually sent it! Will reply now :)
Thanks for the support.
Yes it was lovely. I just cut up a chicken breast and coated it in a little flour with sesame seeds mixed in. Then cooked it in a little low fat butter...or cooking spray would be ok im sure.

Hope things are better with baby and that you're ok. x

Back