Laura's EE diary...

Dinner out this evening at las iguanas. Rump steak skewers with salad. Allowed most of my syns for today on this meal so should be ok.. luckily the waiter took so long to come and see if we wanted a pudding that we just got the bill! -close call :/

Oo that looks lovely...is that a cheeky mohito in the background haha!

xoxo

Hi Laura,

Food's looking good for today :)

What are benefit bars btw, don't think I've come accross them.

X

Hiya :)

Benefit bars are like Alpen bars but aldis version! Ha :) as long as they are 70 calories and under then it's classed as a HEXB.
Hope this helps

xoxo

Ah right, I don't have an aldi near me, only a lidl. Maybe I'll see if they have any own brand versions when I'm next there. So can you substitute any cereal bar under 70kcal? I didn't realise that.

Ah right, I don't have an aldi near me, only a lidl. Maybe I'll see if they have any own brand versions when I'm next there. So can you substitute any cereal bar under 70kcal? I didn't realise that.

No its just says that on the SW website about the benefit one, the healthy extras are all on the website :)

xoxo

Ahh how was your hot choc? Ill have to get some of them in! How's your day looking :)?

xoxo

My hot choc was lovely. Yesterday was a very tiring day! Walked seven miles in just under three miles across Derbyshire around the Chatsworth Estate. Was bloody knackered afterwards!

My hot choc was lovely. Yesterday was a very tiring day! Walked seven miles in just under three miles across Derbyshire around the Chatsworth Estate. Was bloody knackered afterwards!

At least your gettin exercise! I really need to start exercising....I suppose I walked the doctors and back which was an hour overall!

xoxo

Had a good day today..I've not been hungry, however I'm going the cinema tonight so I need a lot of willpower to not get the popcorn/crisp/ice blast/ chocolate etc!! I might bring my own things...

Here's what my diary is looking like today...

Breakfast:
Stuffed mushrooms (bacon, red onion and quark)

Lunch:
Harissa and cherry tomato topped cod with carrots, peas and green beans (1 syn)

Dinner:
Jacket potato, beans and cheese with a side salad

Snacks:
Apple
French fries (4.5)
Handful of sensation crisp (3?)

Drinks:
Mineral water
Soda water
x3 cups of tea
Can of dr pepper zero

HEXA: SS MILK
HEXB: Benefit bar

Total syns: 8.5
Total syns for the week: 47.5

Last edited:
At least your gettin exercise! I really need to start exercising....I suppose I walked the doctors and back which was an hour overall!

xoxo

an hour of walking is deffo exercise. Hope your trip to the doctors was ok.

Just done an hour of walking today - but its so warm my fingers get all swollen and puffy and take ages to go back down.

Foods looking good.

Good luck at the cinema, I know that would be a challenge for me too! Good idea on taking your own things, you've still got a healthy b left so maybe take that (maybe a Special K chewy bar?) with you. What are you going to see? X

an hour of walking is deffo exercise. Hope your trip to the doctors was ok.

Just done an hour of walking today - but its so warm my fingers get all swollen and puffy and take ages to go back down.

Yeah the doctors was nothing serious...just had my implant taken out - had nothing but trouble with it!

Oh gosh have you? Do your fingers hurt? When is your WI?

Xx

Ooh what are you seeing at the cinema? Hope you have fun and manage to resist all of the naughty (but nice!) treats. Maybe take some little snacks with you in case you are tempted :) Enjoy xxx

Hey
Could I ask what sort of things you woild bring to the cinema? I love going there but also like all the sweet stuff!!
:)

Hey
Could I ask what sort of things you woild bring to the cinema? I love going there but also like all the sweet stuff!!
:)

I always take fruit (I buy the little snack packs from Tesco), HiFi lights (2 for a B choice), Babybels (A choice, quantity depends on the variety) and low Syn crisps such as Velvet Crunch (4 Syns). You could also take things like Freddo's (5 Syns), Special K Biscuit Moments (5 Syns), Curly Wurly (6 Syns), Pink N Whites marshmallow/wafers (2.5 Syns), etc :)

I brought an apple and a packet of French fries! While my boyf was scoffing chocolate!

Stevie - I went to see 2 guns...it was good but more of a lads film! It's worth a watch though, also I have a little thing for mark wahlburg (can't resist a bad boy!)

xoxo

I brought an apple and a packet of French fries! While my boyf was scoffing chocolate!

Stevie - I went to see 2 guns...it was good but more of a lads film! It's worth a watch though, also I have a little thing for mark wahlburg (can't resist a bad boy!)

xoxo

Ooooohhhhh I am going to see this tomorrow with my boyfriend! We love a bit of Mr Washington! Plus Marks alright too ;) I have just thought of a treat to take with me.. not sure of how do able it is yet.. but I was thinking of making my own frozen yogurt (2 syns) with strawberries and a crushed up milky bar (7 syns).. am definitely saving my syns tomorrow for a couple of (small) treats at the cinema :D

Hope you had a good day :)

:) as long as they are 70 calories and under then it's classed as a HEXB.
Hope this helps

xoxo

Really helpful bit of info! xx

I haven't been on this much today...been busy with the baby this morning, and then the girls came round for lunch, was a bit naughty but I wasn't too bad!!

Breakfast:
2 eggs, 2 bacon (fat removed) and mushrooms

Lunch:
The girls came round today so I done a little buffet sort of thing, so I done bake in a bag BBQ chicken (3 syns for the whole thing so it's between 4 of us so ill day 1 syn each) and then I done salad with a bit of Parmesan in, RF Coleslaw, jacket potato, cheese, crusty bread, olives, pitta and RF humus, so I was fairly good but I did have a bit of crusty bread and coleslaw! So I'm going to say I had 7 at lunch - even though I don't think it's 7! The girls had some cake as well but I resisted :D

Dinner:
Beef and vegetable stir fry (2 syns)

Snacks:
Banana
Hula hoops (6.5)
Benefit bar (HEXB)

Drinks:
x2 cups of tea (HEXA)
Sparkling water

Total syns: 15.5
Total syns for the week: 63

Last edited:
Iunch:
The girls came round today so I done a little buffet sort of thing, so I done bake in a bag BBQ chicken (3 syns for the whole thing so it's between 4 of us so ill day 1 syn each) and then I done salad with a bit of Parmesan in, RF Coleslaw, jacket potato, cheese, crusty bread, olives, pitta and RF humus, so I was fairly good but I did have a bit of crusty bread and coleslaw! So I'm going to say I had 7 at lunch - even though I don't think it's 7! The girls had some cake as well but I resisted :D

Just be careful with guesstimating Syn values. Crusty bread is notoriously high in Syns, and depending on how much you actually ate you could have used 7 Syns (or more!) on that alone! Also as well as the crusty bread and the coleslaw, you would need to Syn the hummus too. Olives also need to be Synned - I think they're 7 for 1 Syn, and you would need to account a few Syns for the parmesan in the salad if the other cheese you had was your Healthy Extra. Also - unless the Pitta bread was a WW Wholemeal pitta, it cannot be counted as a healthy extra and would need to be Synned.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(

Back