Laura's Exante Diary

So chuffed for you that you are feeling motivated.... Can't wait for you to tell us all you have hit a size 14! You'll get there in no time i'm sure!

Laura :)

Argh - Just been shopping and really wanted to buy some fresh bread - I could smell it in the store... freshly baked.. But I managed to resist and came home to have my boring exante soup! I will be thin one day!! :)

Bread is EVIL!!!!

Well done Laura xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done on resisting the bread - it is indeed the work of the devil! ;)

Thanks Nixib - hope you are well? :)

Angelmissy - it was hard, but i'm so glad i seem to have found some willpower at long last! Back to more water guzzling today!! :)

I'm good Laura, I've had a little wobble but back on track! You are doing so well, I've been reading everyone's diaries for a bit of inspiration and I truly am back in a good place :)

I'm good Laura, I've had a little wobble but back on track! You are doing so well, I've been reading everyone's diaries for a bit of inspiration and I truly am back in a good place :)

Glad to hear you are back on track. It can be a bit tough some days that's for sure. I find it hardest at the weekends. I completely agree with you the diaries on here are so good for helping to keep the motivation. Good Luck!! :)

Hey Laura! Your diary is inspirational! I can't wait to follow your footsteps n drop some serious pounds! I'm currently doing WW and have list 17lbs in 10 weeks but I'm bored of it and it's really slowed down and I'm struggling with it I want bigger losses to keep me motivated n to get a couple of stone off by my holiday in June which isn't going to happen with WW I think I'm going to move back to it for maintenance! ... So I'm moving to exante as soon as my bumper pack comes... I've opted for shakes and bars so I actually get to eat something... Plus I like shakes of any kind! Ive lost 3 stone overall but need to lose about another 3/3.5 ... So I will be following your diary and your journey very soon! :D look forward to hearing how your doing :D xxx

Hi Alana

I don't know about inspirational - but keeping a diary and reading everyone else's diaries certainly keeps me motivated. Well done with your weight loss so far - Exante will certainly help you lose weight faster but it can be tough sometimes as I find the limited choice of soups, shakes, bars and porridge can get a bit boring. But it's definitely worth it!

Good luck and I look forward to hearing about your progress.

Laura :)

How was your day?

How was your day?

Hi Ali - I'm good thanks. Trying to keep myself busy as I am off for a few days so I've been painting the hallway today. Good exercise for my bingo wings!! It's harder doing this diet when i'm not at work that's for sure.

I have a night out on Friday, which I am dreading as I want to have a couple of drinks, but need to be sensible. Don't want to go off the rails. Plus my weigh in is on Saturday - don't want to put on any weight after one night as I have been good all week!

How are things with you?

Laura XX

Hi Ali - I'm good thanks. Trying to keep myself busy as I am off for a few days so I've been painting the hallway today. Good exercise for my bingo wings!! It's harder doing this diet when i'm not at work that's for sure.

I have a night out on Friday, which I am dreading as I want to have a couple of drinks, but need to be sensible. Don't want to go off the rails. Plus my weigh in is on Saturday - don't want to put on any weight after one night as I have been good all week!

How are things with you?

Laura XX
Whatever you do don't drink alcohol whilst in ketosis! It can be dangerous as the alcohol gets metabolised by your liver which can stop glucogenesis while it's dealing with alcohol. That can make your blood sugar level drop dangerously low :( I didn't know this till it happened to me on CD. Never felt so ill in my life. Had 3 whiskeys, ended up first on the floor then in A&E looking like I'd had 3 bottles. In the end I was fine but very embarrassed but could easily have been worse. x

OMG! Thanks for the warning Angelmissy... You must have got a fright. Glad you were ok. So should i knock myself out of ketosis tomorrow and if i do will I be alright to have a couple of drinks then? I wasn't planning on drinking loads, just 2 or 3 with water in between. If its still a bit dodgy then i just won't bother, it's clearly not worth the risk.

I have had a horrible day today - feel rubbish. Have had a severe headache since i got up this morning and been feeling a bit queasy. Have had a few dizzy spells too. I have drank loads of water thinking it might help but nope... so I just had a hot bath and will have an early night tonight. Hopefully i'll feel better tomorrow. :-(

Hope you feel better soon xx

Hope you feel better soon, (((HUGS))) coming your way xx

OMG! Thanks for the warning Angelmissy... You must have got a fright. Glad you were ok. So should i knock myself out of ketosis tomorrow and if i do will I be alright to have a couple of drinks then? I wasn't planning on drinking loads, just 2 or 3 with water in between. If its still a bit dodgy then i just won't bother, it's clearly not worth the risk.
Definitely not worth the risk of drinking in ketosis. You may well be fine - I'd done it a couple of times before without any trouble but after that time never again and the docs told me it was really dangerous! If you really want to have a drink then make sure you are out of ketosis. But I'd personally say it's not worth the pain, you've done so well to stick with it to this point and probably best to forego the drinks and stay in the zone. You'll be glad of it on WI day ;) x

Back