Laura's Summer Slimming!

Tuesday 28/5/2013

Breakfast - 2 x Cereal bar, pink grapefruit

Lunch - Chicken salad (2), greek mullerlight

Dinner - SW lasagne with salad

Snacks - ryvita fruit crunch with quark and 1/2 a banana and 2 tsp maple syrup, an apple, a banana

HExA - 1) 250ml milk 2) 15g cheddar (planned to have 30g but only had half portion)
HExB - 1) 2 x benefit light cereal bars 2) 2 ryvita fruit crunch

Syns = Caesar dressing (2), greek muller (0.5), lean mince syns (2), maple syrup (1), Fab ice lolly (4)

Total syns = 9.5

Last edited:
Disaster of a day yesterday.....we had a blocked toilet, and only having one toilet in this house that is not a good thing!! OH tried to fix it before he left for work (nightshift) but no luck so it was down to me, though in the end my MIL came up too and she ended up getting it fixed - thank goodness!! Was dreading the plumbers bill!

All this meant that I did not get to any class yesterday though because I couldn't even go at 7.30pm as OH was away to work by then!

However my home scales show 11st 9lb this morning, still super bloated this week (arghhh!) so I think I might not go to weigh in tonight at the other class I can, but will go to my own one next Monday and hope for a decent loss then! I really want to get out a run tonight and I can't do both as OH goes to football at 8.30pm and we need to work around the kids so would rather make sure I get out exercising tbh.

It is very annoying missing my own class though, straight back next Monday!! Going for it this week after a bit of a rubbish weekend feeling sicky though my food wasn't brilliant, but I am also trying to ignore the fact I feel like I am getting the cold too!!!! ARGH!

Aw you're having a right week of it! Glad you got the loo fixed though, nothing worse than that being out of order!! You've got a good run up to next Monday's class if that's when you're next going so plenty of time to get the bloatedness and sickness away xx

Feel like a RIGHT pig today. On top of what I had above, I also had a couple of handful of skittles (to treat my hypo) and I normally would syn them (there's debate about whether diabetics should syn them or not) but today I am not cos I am bloody fed up. Was just hungry ALL day, what is wrong with me?! How come some days our bodies want much more than others??

I still have managed (just!) to stay on plan even though I could happily go and munch the contents of the "sweety/biscuit" cupboard.

Think I might just take to bed soon so stop myself!!! Lol.

I really want a good loss next Monday, I really do - I need to keep this in mind and I really hope I can get a LOT more exercise fitted in to this week too!! Someone give me a kick up the bum!

Aww sweetheart, what causes your hypos? Do you know when you're going to get them? I guess if you need sugar and fast you don't have any choice but to eat those sweet things, your body's telling you what it needs xx

Aww sweetheart, what causes your hypos? Do you know when you're going to get them? I guess if you need sugar and fast you don't have any choice but to eat those sweet things, your body's telling you what it needs xx

Anyone on insulin gets them, it's just unavoidable - it's low blood sugar caused by too much insulin (either misjudging a dose with the carbs I'm eating or doing more activity. I have had a lot less the past few weeks thankfully but tonight I just misjudged my dinner dose I think. Sigh. It just makes you want to EAT ALL THE THINGS and it is VERY hard to control that urge as your brain is literally telling you to get carbohydrate on board NOW!!

Yeah I do have to treat them though asap, no other choice but I do sometimes syn my hypo treatments...just depends really. SW won't give an official answer about whether to or not really.

I only know when it's happening, not before - I text my blood sugars at least 6-8 times every day, sometimes more if driving more (have to test before all journeys too!) Sucks, but there we go! xxx

Anyone on insulin gets them, it's just unavoidable - it's low blood sugar caused by too much insulin (either misjudging a dose with the carbs I'm eating or doing more activity. I have had a lot less the past few weeks thankfully but tonight I just misjudged my dinner dose I think. Sigh. It just makes you want to EAT ALL THE THINGS and it is VERY hard to control that urge as your brain is literally telling you to get carbohydrate on board NOW!!

Yeah I do have to treat them though asap, no other choice but I do sometimes syn my hypo treatments...just depends really. SW won't give an official answer about whether to or not really.

I only know when it's happening, not before - I text my blood sugars at least 6-8 times every day, sometimes more if driving more (have to test before all journeys too!) Sucks, but there we go! xxx

Sounds difficult to judge an insulin dose based on what you're eating! My cousin's diabetic and has always really struggled with it too. Your poor little fingers doing all those tests! xx

Sounds difficult to judge an insulin dose based on what you're eating! My cousin's diabetic and has always really struggled with it too. Your poor little fingers doing all those tests! xx

Yes my fingers get sore :( It's the worst bit, the finger prick tests - the actual injections are not as bad!

Yep basically any carbohydrate you eat you need to inject for....well that is if you are on multiple daily injections or an insulin pump, I am hoping to have a pump by next year as they give the best control (well as long as it is used correctly)

One of the most important parts of the condition is education and understanding it though too, as well as everything else! Some days I don't let it cross my mind, other days I detest every part of it...just the nature of if I think!

Yes my fingers get sore :( It's the worst bit, the finger prick tests - the actual injections are not as bad!

Yep basically any carbohydrate you eat you need to inject for....well that is if you are on multiple daily injections or an insulin pump, I am hoping to have a pump by next year as they give the best control (well as long as it is used correctly)

One of the most important parts of the condition is education and understanding it though too, as well as everything else! Some days I don't let it cross my mind, other days I detest every part of it...just the nature of if I think!

I've heard about those pumps, do they continually monitor your blood sugars and inject as you need it or is it more just a steady stream?

Have you had diabetes since you were young or is it a more recent thing? x

I've heard about those pumps, do they continually monitor your blood sugars and inject as you need it or is it more just a steady stream?

Have you had diabetes since you were young or is it a more recent thing? x

No you still need to test the same for eating etc and tell it what to give you. But you get a much more steady basal rate which is much more finely tuned than when on MDI, which keeps things more stable which is mimicking more what the pancreas is meant to do. There are pumps in the process of being made that do what you say, monitor BG and gibe you insulin but it would take LOT for me to trust a machine to do that for me, especially overnight....as the risks of hypos overnight are not worth thinking about.

It will be two years this November, I was diagnosed 1/11/11 (what a date eh!), the day after my little girl's second birthday I landed up in hospital with very high blood sugar levels, luckily not yet in DKA though (which can be life threatening) - I was 28. People used to think Type 1 happened in childhood and therefore when an adult it was Type 2 but they have different tests they do now which showed mine was definitely Type 1. :( I partly feel VERY glad I never had this to contend with as I grew up but at the same time can't help but feel sorry for myself at how unfair this condition is and how little most people (generally) understand it - not a criticism, just that people hear "diabetes" and think of Type 2 because it's much more common and they are actually such hugely different conditions!

Sorry to ramble on xx

Mondays dinner.

Attachments

• image-1440357987.jpg
    image-1440357987.jpg
    535.4 KB · Views: 47
So last night I had counted a freddo into my syns....but actually I ended up putting it back! I decided I would wait 30 mins after having my ryvita and fruit etc and see how I felt....and I was good and put it back in the cupboard and just had another cup of tea! So lowered my syns a little and won't feel so bad if I maybe have a little freddo tonight instead?

Monday 29/5/2013

Breakfast - pineapple and strawberry mullerlight

Lunch - Chicken & egg salad with ex light mayo (1.5)

Dinner - SW lasagne (2) with salad & dressing (4)

Snacks - 2 ryvita fruit crunch with quark & coconut options mixed in and strawberries

HExA - 1) 375ml SS milk 2) 15g cheddar
HExB - 1) 2 ryvita fruit crunch 2)

Syns = lean mince syns (2), ex light mayo (1.5), dressing (4), options coconut (1.5)

Total syns = 9

Last edited:
That lasagne looks yummy !!! And so do the gingerbread were having a baking day today with my little girl !!

Mmm it was, got the leftovers of it tonight, partly so I don't have to cook anything else, but also cos I did enjoy it!! Might have it with hexb wedges tonight though too.

I love baking, one of my favourite things to do, esp with the kids - but I do find it so hard to resist eating the things so haven't been doing as much the past few months! I can never resist the smells of freshly baked cakes, scones etc! I will get back into it when I am happier with my weight again. The kids had been asking for a few days to make gingerbread though so had to let them make it! :D

What are you baking? What age is your little girl? xx

Mmm it was, got the leftovers of it tonight, partly so I don't have to cook anything else, but also cos I did enjoy it!! Might have it with hexb wedges tonight though too.

I love baking, one of my favourite things to do, esp with the kids - but I do find it so hard to resist eating the things so haven't been doing as much the past few months! I can never resist the smells of freshly baked cakes, scones etc! I will get back into it when I am happier with my weight again. The kids had been asking for a few days to make gingerbread though so had to let them make it! :D

What are you baking? What age is your little girl? xx

So far we've made Eccles cakes homemade sausage rolls & a tea loaf cake then I think we will make cupcakes later !!
My little girl is 3 she will be 4 in November !! She loves baking though and helping !!!
How old are yours ?? X

So far we've made Eccles cakes homemade sausage rolls & a tea loaf cake then I think we will make cupcakes later !!
My little girl is 3 she will be 4 in November !! She loves baking though and helping !!!
How old are yours ?? X

OMG I adore eccles cakes. Buttery goodness!! :D

My little boy is 6, 7 in August and my little girl is almost the same age as yours, 3, but 4 at the end of October (Halloween to be precise, lol!). I love this age <3

Back