Laura's Summer Slimming!

Haven't had a minute the past couple of days to update, the weekend wasn't awful but wasn't great either...I need to remember to log on at weekend to keep track!! Work is incredibly busy as we have so much going on at the moment, working late the past 2 nights but have updated with food over past couple days now....been keeping on track. Going to make my weighing day a Friday I think, as I have much more time those mornings to remember!! Will see where I am at tomorrow but quite a few hypos lately too which has been very annoying, need to adjust insulin down a little I think, this is so confusing on my pump sometimes!! Happy hump day all, have a good one! x

Glad to see you back I've missed posting the last few days as I've been busy in work too!!!

Hope you manage to get your hypos sorted Hun x

So. Here I am again. Not been here for a while. A long while. The past year has been a weird one, I got my insulin pump a year ago and I've had to focus on that a lot and really let following SW properly slide. I am working more hours now though too and it can be hard to stay organised and focused with a busy life can't it?

However, let's not even talk about the past.......FRESH START.

I want to get back to where I felt much happier. I KNOW how much better I felt and don't know why I have been half heartedly p*ssing about so much the past 2 months!

So here I am, I have to try to always try to keep this food diary up to date as that always helps me!! I also know SW plan has changed, I used to follow RED mostly so I am really unsure about going to back to a group as they don't reference RED and GREEN now anyway, and the EE plan didn't really work for me. So I think just try to stick to the red principles, I need to re-read my books to remind about me HEA's and HEB's and will go from there....

Oh also, we move house in just over 2 weeks time so life is rather upside down at the moment but hey, there's never a good time to start is there?!

Last edited:
Monday 13/4/2015 - RED Day

B - Fat free greek strawberry yoghurt & strawberries

L - Tinned mackerel on 2 x Ryvita (HEB), cherry tomatoes and an apple.

D - Baked potato (HEB) skins topped with a little cheddar (HEA) , big side salad of lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, sugar snap peas, balsamic vinegar.

HEA - milk in tea, cheese on potatoes
HEB - Ryvita, baking potato

Tuesday 14/4/2015 - RED

B - Cherry Fruitopolis yoghurt (0.5) & strawberries

L - Piri piri chicken salad (lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, cottage cheese, piri piri chicken fillets) balsamic vinegar and tbsp light mayo (2 syns). An apple.

D - Ham, onion, tomato and 30g cheese (HEA) omelette with salad and SW potato wedges (HEB) (2 tsp of olive oil for cooking omelette - 4 syns)

HEA - 250ml SS milk in tea, cheddar in omelette
HEB - potato wedges

Syns - 6.5

Wednesday 15/4/2015

B - alpen light bar and an apple

L - 3 x ryvita with coronation tuna, cherry tomatoes, an apple

D - ginger, chill and lime salmon fillet with stir fried soy and garlic broccoli

Snacks - alpen light, banana, few grapes, fat free greek strawberry yoghurt

HEA - 200ml milk in tea
HEB - 3 x ryvita, 2 x alpen light bars

Had an awful few nights sleep and really struggled with tiredness making me want to eat crap, but managed to stay on plan despite the biscuits and chocolate calling my name!!

Thursday 16/4/2015

B - apple and a greek strawberry FF yoghurt.

L - 3 x ryvita with spicy tomato mackerel, sugar snap peas and cherry tomatoes, a banana.

D - bolognaise with griddled courgettes, I might have a small amount of pasta with mine too if I am extra hungry later to stop me wanting to snack at 9pm!

HEA - 200ml milk in tea
HEB - 3 x ryvita

Must also drink more water today! Going out tonight with friends for a catch up and a drink, will try to stick to spritzers or G&T and it won't be a late one anyway - I may still actually drive and just have diet coke but still TBC!

Saturday 18/4/2015

B - banana & FF yoghurt

L - ploughmans salad (we were out, will count cheese as HEA, would have guessed it was about 35g size and the bread and HEB even though it was a white farmhouse type loaf so not strictly right but not horrendous?!)

D - special chow mein (unorganised amongst packing stuff meant this was ordered late on Friday, I didn't even eat it all and did TRY to make a decent choice when I would normally have had lemon chicken and fried rice!!) I'll just guess that it's at least my 15 syns anyway...! We also had a couple of glasses of prosecco on Sat night!

HEA - cheddar

HEB - bread

Yeah, not a great day, because we were out and about (unexpectedly) and then just not organised at night! I did however resist Krispy Kreme donuts too!

Must try harder to be organised though, it really is when the plan falls apart if you are not. :-/

Sunday 20/4/2015

B - 2 small slice wholemeal toast with peanut butter and jam (think scrapings - I just REALLY fancied toast?!) 4 syns. Fresh mango slices.

L - nothing - was at my nephew's birthday party and did have a handful of popcorn and few crisps, and a little taste of his cake but nothing else!! Kids parties can be awful for grazing on about a million calories!!

D - Fecking chinese AGAIN as MIL "treated" us - arghhhhh! Lovely of her, but FFS. Anyway I had beef in black bean though and some noodles so again made a better choice than I might have before! I didn't have a huge portion either.

HEB - wholemeal bread

HEA - milk in tea

Syns - definitely all of them!!!

Monday 20/4/2015

B - yoghurt and a pear

L - 2 x ryvita with coronation tuna (1 syn), few cherry tomatoes and sugar snap peas. Another pear.

D - slow cooked ham, mashed swede and broccoli

HEA - milk in tea

HEB - ryvita

Syns - tomato sauce (2), tuna (1) = 3

I also REALLY need to move my ar$e and get exercising tonight!!!!!!!!! Heading home from work now, 6pm!!

21/4/2015

B - mango and coconut greek FF muller

L - 2 boiled eggs, 2 ryvita with spread (1), cherry tomatoes and sugar snaps

D - chicken and chickpea tagine (4)

HEA - milk in tea

HEB - ryvita

Syns - apricots and a tsp honey in tagine

Have chicken out the freezer but not sure what I am doing with it later, going to mooch on here for inspiration! Also need to do an Asda online shop although we are trying to run down the cupboards a bit for moving too, 9 sleeps!!! Might just go to Aldi tomorrow for shopping....

Last edited:
Back