Laura's Summer Slimming!

Laura, if it's any consolation,
I lost 3 1/2 stone over 13 months.
Yes it was slow. Yes it was frustrating
But 1/2lb 1lb 2lb 's was how I lost my weight
the most I ever managed in 1 week was 3 1/2 lbs
but taking that time meant that it became part of my lifestyle, and I've been able to maintain my target for just over 2 years.
You're doing a great job, and that's a loss for the last 3 weeks! xx

Thanks. Did you go to a group? That's fab you have maintained so well too. It was because I joined in feb hoping to have lost the majority by my holiday in July as it averaged about 2lb a week which I thought was doable....would appear not! Lol.

Last edited:
I'm good thanks lovely. Just been pottering around the house and watching trashy TV - properly lazy but making the most of my last few days of freedom before I start new job on Monday!

Your casserole for tonight sounds lush! Hope it gives you time to go out for a run too :) xx

Mmm dinner was good!

Massive portion tonight cos was so hungry - Thursdays are manic busy days with work, pick up kids, straight to swimming lessons!

What's your new job? Xx

Attachments

• image-386578322.jpg
    image-386578322.jpg
    546.7 KB · Views: 67
Mmm dinner was good!

Massive portion tonight cos was so hungry - Thursdays are manic busy days with work, pick up kids, straight to swimming lessons!

What's your new job? Xx

That looks delish! And well deserved after a hectic day!

I'm going to work for Avios (the loyalty part of British Airways) creating their partner marketing strategies. Can't wait!xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done little miss slim! My losses are slow but ur right it does become a life style.

Laura I'm good today thanks. What scan bran cake did you make? x

I haven't actually made it yet, was my plan to have it with a cuppa when the kids are in bed, but I'm pretty full so might just start my scan bran thing tomorrow! Lol. I was going to make the low syn chocolate one but found another recipe for ginger scan bran cake which is syn free (using scan bran as hexb) and I'll top with lemony flavoured quark.

Talking about it has made me want some though lol.

That looks delish! And well deserved after a hectic day!

I'm going to work for Avios (the loyalty part of British Airways) creating their partner marketing strategies. Can't wait!xx

I'm surprised how big the portion of new potatoes was for a hexb on red days! :)

Ooh sounds interesting, good for you, not long now!! X

I'm surprised how big the portion of new potatoes was for a hexb on red days! :)

Ooh sounds interesting, good for you, not long now!! X

It's strange, I've used HEXs for meat on green days but never potatoes on red days. Must remember that!xx

Laura's Weight Loss Mission with Type 1 diabetes - pics & food diary!

I haven't actually made it yet, was my plan to have it with a cuppa when the kids are in bed, but I'm pretty full so might just start my scan bran thing tomorrow! Lol. I was going to make the low syn chocolate one but found another recipe for ginger scan bran cake which is syn free (using scan bran as hexb) and I'll top with lemony flavoured quark.

Talking about it has made me want some though lol.

Let me know how it goes. I've bought some scan bran tonight so want to make a cake at the weekend. Maybe a carrot cake? x

Let me know how it goes. I've bought some scan bran tonight so want to make a cake at the weekend. Maybe a carrot cake? x

Well didn't make it tonight....carrot cake is meant to be nice though too! The ginger cake recipe I saw had carrots in it too, moistens it I think. Will try to make one tomorrow! Let me know if you do too x

Well I made the ginger cake this morning. Thinking I'd have half for breakfast & half for after dinner.

Except its horrible! Blurgh. I really tried hard to just to finish it but it would not go down lol. I did have about 2/3rds of it but had to leave the rest. Had that horrible after taste of sweetener & just blurgh. It looked and smelled nice though. Still have half there, maybe chocolate spread melted on it later will improve it?? Hmmm....

Attachments

• image-3349503297.jpg
    image-3349503297.jpg
    372.8 KB · Views: 55

What a shame! It looks nice. I'm making the carrot cake this weekend I'll let you know how I get on x

Gosh not been about all weekend, been a busy one! Will post more tomorrow but today's food quickly for reference....

Breakfast - 35g bran flakes, banana, strawberries & kara coconut milk (3 syns)

Lunch - omelette (HexA cheese, ham, onion, peppers, tomato) & greek muller (0.5 syn)

Dinner - chicken kebab skewers (marinade = 3 syns) with salad, dressing (1 syn)

HExA - 1) milk in tea 2) 30g cheddar

HExB - 1) 35g bran flakes 2)

Snacks - strawberries with cherry mullerlight

Total syns = 7.5

Yes I made carrot muffins. I liked them they weren't bad. What marinade did you use?

Yes I made carrot muffins. I liked them they weren't bad. What marinade did you use?

Ooh you'll need to give me your recipe to try?

I did juice and zest of an orange, spring onion, honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic - marinaded in it all day. Would have been nice with chilli too but my little girl was having them too so I didn't add it. I'll add a pic in a mo xx

They look lovely hun.

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1368396379.172720.jpg

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1368396420.616945.jpg

Here's the recipe. I used 2 eggs though not 3 x

I don't know I couldn't find my bread tin so used muffin cases. I think they are like marmite though.

13/5/13 - RED DAY

Breakfast - fresh mango & coconut mullerlight

Lunch - tomato mackerel salad, maybe a pink grapefruit after too.

Dinner - chicken curry with cauliflower rice I think, prob some broccoli at the side too as it needs used up.

Syns - salad dressing (1),

I need to meal plan for the rest of the week to do a big food shop too, throw me some fave red meal ideas?!?!

My scales were very kind to me yesterday morning, and the same reading this morning. However I know my first morning reading always differs to the class one because it's later in the day so we shall see later I guess.....I'll put the pic up in a bit. Needless to say I am sticking to all red days this week too and continuing to limit fruit - still enjoying some but not eating it "freely" !

Back