Laura's wedding countdown food diary

laura2481 said:
Food today:

Brunch Bacon, 57g WM roll HEB, 28g Cheese HEA. 2 satsumas
Dinner Moussaka Lamb mince, onions, aubergine, tomatoes. seasoning, cinnamon, oregano. Chickpeas. Egg, fat free yoghurt 2 tbsp parmesan 3 syns. Couscous. Delight chocolate dessert 5.5 syns
Snacks Activia fat free
Drinks Options cracking hazelnut hot choc 1.5 syns
Total syns 10 syns
Syns for the week so far 20 syns
Syns left for the week 70 syns

This sounds lovely can I come to Yr house for tea?!!

Mix2max day (I know it technically doesn't exist anymore but I always had good losses with mix2max so it still exists in my world, occasionally :) )

Breakfast Alpen light bar 1/2 HEB
Lunch Lettuce, carrot, red cabbage, beetroot, smoked salmon
Dinner Speed Food Soup made with mixed bean salad, green lentils, chopped tomatoes, baked beans, leeks, onion, carrots, parsnips,beef stock cubes,seasoning, wm roll HEB 3 x babybel light HEA Shapers reduced fat choc pud 5.5 syns
Snacks Satsuma Alpen light bar 1/2 HEB Satsuma
Drinks 95ml whiskey 9.5 syns
Total syns 15 syns
Syns for the week 77.5 syns

Last edited:
I lost 2lb this week. :)

I think I might change the title of my food diary as I was flicking through the pages to find mine and I noticed that quite a few people were having 'new year, new start' diaries.

*edit* done- this is now my 'wedding countdown' food diary :)

I lost 2lb this week. :)

I think I might change the title of my food diary as I was flicking through the pages to find mine and I noticed that quite a few people were having 'new year, new start' diaries.

*edit* done- this is now my 'wedding countdown' food diary :)

Which explains why I couldn;t find it lol!

GREAT WEIGHT LOSS!! Keep it going, have you set a target loss for this week?

Did you make the moussaka? it sounds lush - you'll have to post full recipe please if you recommend we try it x

Which explains why I couldn;t find it lol!

GREAT WEIGHT LOSS!! Keep it going, have you set a target loss for this week?

Did you make the moussaka? it sounds lush - you'll have to post full recipe please if you recommend we try it x

lol, i did it just to confuse you :p

I will post the moussaka recipe in a bit when i have dug it out. I need 1.5lb next week and the week after to get my january target of 8lb

Not feeling very well today as stuffed full of cold so not sure exactly what I'll feel like eating today, but we'll see..

Food for today: original day

Breakfast WW dessert recipe yoghurt
Dinner beef, roast chicken, onions, mushroom 2 x wm rolls HEB x 2 approx 100g M&S chunky chips 7.5 syns (probably less than 100g as 1 400g box was shared between 4 of us and I only had a small handfull but counting it as a full 1/4 of the syns)
Snacks ham, pear
Drinks 250ml ss milk HEA 60ml whiskey (medicinal purposes ;)) 6 syns
Total syns 13.5 syns
Syns for the week so far 13.5 syns
Syns left for the week 76.5 syns

Last edited:
Moussaka recipe
serves 4. 1.5 syns per serving

ingredients:
1 onion finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
397g extra lean minced lamb
2 x 400g cans of chopped tomatoes
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp artificial sweetner
2 tsp ground cinnamon
seasoning
2 large aubergines sliced into approc 1/2inch rounds
150g fat free yoghurt
1 egg, beaten
4 tbsp parmesan

instructions
*preheat the oven to 180*c. Heat a large frying pan. STirfry onion, garlic and minced lamb in Frylight until mince is sealed. Add tomatoes, oregan, sweetner and cinnamon. Season well and bring to the boil. Reduce to medium heat. Cover pan and simmer for 15-20mins, stirring occasionally.
* Place aubergine slices under a hot grill/ on a griddle. Cook for 3-4 mins each side.
*Layer mince mixture and aubergine in a casserole dish, ending with a layer of mince.
*For the topping- mix the beaten egg with the yoghurt and parmesan. Smooth on top of the layered mince and aubergine.
*Bake for approx 50mins until topping is golden and all cooked through.

Still stuffed full of cold. Definitely eating because I have to, not because I'm actually hungry and wanting to eat something. At least I'm not tempted to snack! :p

Food for today:

Breakfast 28g Special K sustain HEB, 125ml ss milk 1/2 HEA fresh fruit salad pineapple, mango and orange
Lunch Speed Food Soup made with mixed bean salad, green lentils, chopped tomatoes, baked beans, leeks, onion, carrots, parsnips,beef stock cubes,seasoning, wm roll 6 syns
Dinner Chilli and chips. Ex lean minced beef, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, kidney beans, chilli, seasoning Mccain Rustic oven chips 200g 2 syns Shaper white choc low fat pud 5.5 syns
Snacks ww dessert recipe x2
Drinks 125ml ss milk 1/2 HEA
Total syns 13.5 syns
Syns for the week so far 27 syns
Syns left for the week 63 syns

Last edited:
Feeling a bit better today, will be back to work tomorrow.

Food for today:
Breakfast Activia fat free
Lunch Omlette: Egg, bacon, mushroom 42g reduced fat cheese HEA dash of milk 0.5 syn
Dinner Spaghetti Bolognese Ex lean minced beef, onions, tomatoes, seasoning Spaghetti wm pitta bread HEB, garlic, oregano 3/4 tbsp Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light 2 syns. Shape Delight White Choc pud 5.5 syns
Snacks Tesco reduced fat choc and raisin cereal bar 4.5 syns
Drinks
Total syns 12.5 syns
Syns for the week so far 39.5 syns
Syns left for the week 50.5 syns

Last edited:
Well, back to work today. And what a day. Hectic, annoying, tiring and I still don't feel 100%. :( Slighty over on syns today but still under for the week.

Breakfast Alpen light bar 1/2 HEB Activia fat free
Lunch Lettuce, carrot, cabbage Red thai style chicken 3 x babybel light HEA Banana Mikado choc stick 8 syns
Dinner 3 x 100% cod fish fingers 6 syns 300g McCains Rustic oven chips 3 syns Baked beans Snacks Alpen light bar 1/2 HEB WW dessert recipe yoghurt
Drinks
Total syns 17 syns
Syns for the week so far 56.5 syns
Syns left for the week 33.5 syns

Last edited:
food for today

Breakfast 2 x chocolate weetabix HEB + 2 syns 125 ml ss milk 1/2 HEA
Lunch Chicken Mugshot noodles, 2 satsumas
Dinner Roast beef, carrots, broccoli, sweetcorn 4 tbsp gravy 1 syns roast potatoes made with 1/2 tbsp olive oil 3 syns Auntie Bessie yorkshire pudding 3 syns
Snacks Banana, WW dessert recipe yoghurt, sainsburys sweet chilli crisp snacks 4.5 syns
Drinks 125 ml ss milk 1/2 HEA 1 bottle Becks beer 5 syns

Total syns 18.5 syns
Syns for the week so far 75 syns
Syns left for the week 15 syns

Over on syns again today :( but still ok for the week. Better than bingeing...

Last edited:
lol, i did it just to confuse you :p

I will post the moussaka recipe in a bit when i have dug it out. I need 1.5lb next week and the week after to get my january target of 8lb

you certainly confused me lol - not that it takes much to confuse me these days lol!

look foward to recipe, you can do it, diary looking really good, donna x

you certainly confused me lol - not that it takes much to confuse me these days lol!

look foward to recipe, you can do it, diary looking really good, donna x

Moussaka recipe
serves 4. 1.5 syns per serving

ingredients:
1 onion finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
397g extra lean minced lamb
2 x 400g cans of chopped tomatoes
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp artificial sweetner
2 tsp ground cinnamon
seasoning
2 large aubergines sliced into approc 1/2inch rounds
150g fat free yoghurt
1 egg, beaten
4 tbsp parmesan

instructions
*preheat the oven to 180*c. Heat a large frying pan. STirfry onion, garlic and minced lamb in Frylight until mince is sealed. Add tomatoes, oregan, sweetner and cinnamon. Season well and bring to the boil. Reduce to medium heat. Cover pan and simmer for 15-20mins, stirring occasionally.
* Place aubergine slices under a hot grill/ on a griddle. Cook for 3-4 mins each side.
*Layer mince mixture and aubergine in a casserole dish, ending with a layer of mince.
*For the topping- mix the beaten egg with the yoghurt and parmesan. Smooth on top of the layered mince and aubergine.
*Bake for approx 50mins until topping is golden and all cooked through.

Already posted it :D

Food for today:
Breakfast Banana
Lunch Lettuce, cucumber, spring onion, egg, new potato, honey roast salmon, 57g wm roll HEB 2 x babybel HEA mixed melon (including watermelon) WW dessert recipe yoghurt
Dinner Saag Aloo potato, tomatoes. spinach Saag aloo spices 2.5 syns. 2 poppadoms 4 syns fat free yoghurt, mint
Snacks Activia FF yog. Tesco reduced fat choc/raisin cereal bar 4.5 syns
Drinks
Total syns 11 syns
Syns for the week 86 syns

Last edited:
Not feeling like I will have lost this week, not because I haven't been good but because I never lose this many weeks in a row. I always settle down to a good week/bad week pattern after first couple of weeks. And I am due a bad week. I just have to not let it get to me if it happens. It'll show next week. It will. I need it to. Anyway I need to stop stressing about it. Cross that bridge if I come to it...

Well, what I thought was going to happen has happened. I gained 1.5Ib. I HATE when I gain for no particular reason. You can tell me until you're blue in the face it's water retention and weight fluctuates and all that and I KNOW it's true- but god it's annoying. Especially as there is a bit of time pressure here! :eek:

Well, I'm back on it today. Normally we just have a 'treat meal' on a saturday night and we went out and had a lovely mexican meal with lots of cocktails... ooh, so many cocktails! But yesterday my other half cruelly tempted me to have a takeaway. I must have a word with him. It's not fair. He is trying to loose weight too (has so far lost a stoen over 3 weeks. Git) but I am struggling, and it makes it harder when he is badgering to have pizza and takeaway especially the day after having a random gain... it's just so hard to say no :( I can't entirely blame him of course. I could have said no. So one meal turned into 1 day and a meal. Need to be extra good this week.

Food for today:

Breakfast Activia fat free, Orange
Lunch Omlette. Eggs. Dash milk 0.5 syn, Bacon 42g reduced fat cheese HEA. 57g wm bread HEB 1 tsp I can't believe it's not butter light 1 syn
Dinner Chicken, lettuce, cucumber, pickled onions, sweetcorn, sweet potato 1/4tsp oil 0.5 syn Shape low fat white choc dessert 5.5 syns
Snacks sainsburys sweet chilli crisp snacks 4.5 syns

Drinks dash of milk in coffee x 3 = 1.5 syns
Total syns 13.5 syns
Syns for the week so far 13.5 syns
Syns left for the week 61.5 syns

Last edited:
Well, I know i've been AWOL this week but unfortunately my grandma died unexpectedly and suddenly on Tuesday and it really threw everything out of whack. The result was I gained 2Ib this week making my total loss in January a pitiful 1.5Ib. It wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for that mystery 1.5Ib gain the week before. Grrrrr. Anyways, I'm feeling a bit more ready to get into things again, although Wednesday may be a bit weird as that's the day of the funeral :(

Food for today:
Breakfast Fibre plus bar HEB
Lunch Chicken and mushroom Pasta and Sauce, carrots, broccoli and sweetcorn. 3 x babybel light HEA
Dinner Bowyers 5% fat sausage 4x 1 syn= 4 syns, baked beans, fried eggs, potato wedges
Snacks Activia fat free Shape Choc dessert 5.5 syns
Drinks Options White Choc 2 syns
Total syns 11.5 syns
Syns for the week so far 11.5 syns
Syns left for the week 78.5 syns

i know the food isn't really 100% today as there isn't really enough superfree in there... but it's way way better than last week in general.

I've also made the decision to change my target from 9st to 10st. I'm running out of time and aiming for that unobtainable target is just making me feel bad :( I am determined to make some headway in February. My dress is ready and waiting at the dress shop for my first fitting!

Last edited:
Back