Laura's weight loss diary :)

Hey Laura, I'm here to subscribe. You're doing amazingly well, keep it up :)

Hey Emma, welcome and thanks :)

So been doing well food wise this week so far, totally on plan thurs and fri... Started today with an alpen light and snacked on some ham... Was training in work and only home now so putting on some bacon medallions and beans now :)

Dinner this evening is gonna be chicken korma I think, I love it :) gonna go an play some poker then and will stay away from the buffet (hopefully lol) might have a coffee and curly wurly later to get me thru the evening

My little ones are at a birthday party next door at the min so I'm enjoying a bit of me time before they arrive home lol

Hey Lauralashes
Have read your diary and would like to subscribe. You are doing brilliantly, hope to have similar weigh losses to you

Am new to SW, joined last Tues. Previous diets were weightwatchers mainly where I lost 3 stone a couple of years ago and managed to put back on over 4 stone. Im still trying to get my head around SW, the hexa and hexb keep confusing me, but think Im doing ok so far. Been eating all free and superfree foods all day with a small choc treat in the evening, normally spend about 7 syns a day. Does that sound ok? Cant exercise at the moment as had an op a couple of weeks ago so trying to sort out the eating side of things for the moment.
Had beef and black bean with bolied rice from chinese tonight, cant beleive thats only 5yns. Not sure if Im eating enough throughout the day though, today I had 35g porridge made on water, a banana and a slice of toast with light laughing cow on then the chinese, does that sound enough, wasnt hungry at all, have a cold/flu at the mo so not much of an appetite.
Hope you dont mind me asking 101 questions

Hi Mammam - I think you need to eat lots more!
Our consultant says the more you eat the more you lose. Im not a big snacker but you didn't have lunch there and your Chinese although low syns hasn't got a 1/3 superfree with it.

Porridge and banana is good as you've got your superfree. you could use the small bread and have 2 pieces to have a sandwich for lunch with meat and salad so youre getting superfree in. Then evening meal served with salad for a portion of veg.

Having cold sucks and you just cant be bothered or only want rubbish so well done for sticking to it.

Laura well done you! I don't like korma but ppl at my group make it with muller coconut and say its lovely. x

Hey mamam, welcome:) ... I agree with Emma, reckon you need to up your superfree intake... I'm not great at doing it myself so I'm trying to snack on more fruit this week... I haven't been able to exerice either since I started as I had a back operation a few yrs ago and fell again in January so on the backfoot again now.... but it hasn't hindered my weight loss too much thankfully... waiting on an epidural injection for pain at the moment and hopefully that will sort me out to start some gentle exercising again.

My weekend went ok, ended up a little tempted by a box of pringles my niece brought home from a party but managed to limit it a little... once you pop eh? :) Was pretty good over the weekend, managing to resist any snacking on treats at my little girls friends birthday party, went over to collect her and stayed chatting to the other mums for a few hours! Didn't even have any cake so thrilled about that, before I would have had 2 slices of cake, buns and bars without even batting a eyelid!

I'm really trying to keep my focus on Christmas to keep my willpower going, I really want to be able to buy nice clothes and feel good instead of dreading going out... I'm going to Liverpool in January too for my birthday so I want to be able to enjoy a shopping spree over there....

Oh I also tried on a coat over the weekend in a size 18 and it was too big for me!!! Thrilled with that as normally would have been a size 20 in that particular shop... so things seem to be going in the right direction at the moment altho my little girl (3) did ask me if I had a baby in my belly yesterday so clearly I have a long way to go yet....lol... we were out with my pregnant friend at the time :)

Hope everyone's week starts well xx

the korma is gorgeous Emma and takes like 10 mins to make including boiling the rice.... I usually make loads and freeze the leftovers... my 2 little ones like it too so it's a handy dinner for us :)

Hey Laura, well done on the coat sizing victory, woohoo! Always gives you a boost knowing you've dropped a dress size :)

Can you please post the recipe for the Chicken Korma? I'm interested and eager to make a Korma that takes 10mins :)

woop woop!!!!!
x

Hey.. the chicken korma is soooo easy.... I use muller light yoghurt per chicken breast so it goes like this:

2 chicken fillets
1 tub mushrooms
1 onion
Korma powder
Mullerlight greek coconut yoghurt

I boil the water for the rice and add the rice . Then fry the chicken in frylight then add the mushroom and onion and continue frying til soft. Add 3 tablespoons of korma powder, mix around, then add 2 mullerlight greek coconut yoghurts and stir over a low heat until hot throughout.. then drain the rice and serve :) soooo easy and delicious... obv you increase the korma powder and yoghurt if using more chicken breasts.... hope you like it :)

Food went OK yesterday....

Kelloggs Chewy Delight (HEB)with a coffee : 9.30am
Snacked on some packet ham with a cup of tea and a rich tea lite biscuit (2 syns) : 11.30am
Small portion of rice, peppers, onion and sweetcorn and btl water : 1.30pm
Cup of coffee and a verryy small choc chip cookie (3 syns) : 4pm
Salmon and SW Chips ( no superfree tho) : 7pm
Chewy Delight and cup of coffee : 10pm

God just realised I'm eating every 2-3 hrs during the day... but at least it's smaller portions and I don't end up feeling bloated and sick like I used to after eating way too much.

I'm heading home at lunchtime to prepare the SW Beef and Red Wine casserole, my mum minds my little ones so she'll throw it in the oven later and it will be ready when I get home this evening, can't wait to try it, gonna use fromage frais in my potatoes too to make them fluffy, anyone tried this before?? Oh I'm starving thinking about it.

Had a sneaky weigh this morning and I don't think I have lost much this week, if at all, altho it is hard to know as I get weighed in the evenings. Have decided that if I have a small loss/maintain/gain this week that I might try Success Express to give myself a boost, I'm dying to get into the 13's so need a 4 lb loss before that happens at the minute!!!

I'm still loving the SW food but need to mix it up a bit, it's hard when I'm working fulltime and then have to manage the tots when i get home.... I could make stuff at the weekend and freeze it but then I feel guilty that I'm wasting my time cooking when I could be spending it with the kids... viscous circle lol

Anyway I'll see how tomorrow goes and decide where to go from there... has anyone tried the Success Express, is it hard to follow??

I put natural yog in my mash it makes it nice and creamy and no guilt!
I tell you Laura get involved with the fish. You could have the actual fish and you could make fish fingers for the little ones from fish fillets?

What are these chewy delight things - can you have 2 for HEB?
I need an alternative to alpen lights as theyre so expensive! Im into bread again at the mo which isn't good but im not having extra.

Get a slow cooker? Apparently theyre on offer at Tesco? I love ours in the winter. Theres a fb group ive joined called slow cooker saddos its amazing people make all sorts in in! I haven't been adventurous yet but plan on giving it a go! Stews, currys, bolognaises and even lasagne!!
x

Hey Emma.... I was only thinking about getting a slow cooker the other day, I might have a look in Tesco altho with being in Ireland the offers might be different.

The chewy delights are gorgeous, I always kickstart my day with one... keeps me tied over til proper brekkie :)... I've managed to ditch bread altogether and only have it on a very rare occasion in the last 8 weeks...but even when I did eat it I noticed how bloated it makes me....unfortunately you can only have 1 as your HEA which is a bit crap considering you can have 2 Alpen Light but I just can't seem to get the Alpen Light Double Choc one anywhere, managed to get it once at the start and not since then... and i love them.... the Alpen Light Chocolate and Fudge just taste too sweet to me!

I must try the natural yoghurt then cos I actually have some of that in the fridge, will save me trekking to the shops for fromage frais :)

I actually did some shopping last night and thought of you when i was buying my fish lol... bought cod fillets aswell as my usual salmon so getting started on the fish buzz :) ...actually having a salmon salad for lunch today too... :)

WOW Emma_88 just noticed your weight loss to date, that's so impressive...well done xxx

wowee Emma you've done amazing! Well done!
Any top tips?

I may try have tuna or salmon "mayo" (natural yog instead) sandwiches next week if im still on sandwiches.
I just struggle so much for lunch food!

x

Hey ladies, thanks for the kind comments :) I've been living the SW lifestyle for just over a year now and my only tips are drink plenty of water and mix everything up because you get bored, haha! Also, like Em says fish is very good for you so try to have that at least once a week. I poach pollock fillets and crumble it into a salad with cheese. So simple.

Laura - The Alpen double chocolate light bars are on offer in Tesco at the moment, I've literally just been and bought some on my dinner break - 2 packs for £3. They are pricey but they get me through the day when I need something sweet. Another alternative is the Harvest 70 cal breakfast bars from Aldi, you can have 2 are your HEXB.

Thanks for the Korma receipe as well, going to have that on Thursday for my tea. Looking forward to it :)

I'm in Ireland hun, have tried a few Tescos near me but no luck with getting the double choc ones, will try again soon but also just realised that that the Aldi Harvest Moon Choc and Orange can be used as HEB for 2 bars so thrilled with that.... gonna stock up on them on the way home :)

I flew home at lunch and prepared the beef and red wine casserole... it smelled delicious when I was boiling it up before putting it into the casserole dish, can't wait to taste it later...

Had a slight mishap when I just realised that the Fruit and Choc Alpen Bars that Ive been using lately have not been the light ones...aggghhh

Had some salmon for lunch, on it's own, couldn't being myself to eat some lettuce with it lol..... will prob be starving for dinner now but at least it will be ready soon as I get in :)

So I had the Beef and Red Wine Casserole when I got home yesterday, oh my god it was delicious!!! My two tots loved it, altho my little boy didn't like the ''ushrooms'' as he calls them...lol... I even had a few bites of the meat again last night after it had cooled down and it was even nicer, I think it is one of these dishes that will be even nicer the next day. It's definitely gonna be a firm favourite on my list of winter dinners :)

Thank God it's Wednesday at last.... WI is at 5.30pm... really hoping for a loss... I feel like I've been sticking to plan and having good willpower so need to be rewarded for that lol.... a 2lb loss would make me very happy altho I'll just have to be happy with anything that isn't a gain I suppose :)

Will need extra willpower this week cos I'm having a Birthday party for my niece in my house on Friday evening... my brother, her daddy, had to move away to another country for work earlier this year so he won't be there so want to make it extra special for her.... he will be on Skype for the party tho so that's good :) ... I spent last night wrapping her presents from him (that he had given me the money to buy here, sending them home would have been ridiculously expensive), so I just put some stamps on and wrapped them all up really well and made it look like they had come from New Zealand!! Loads of glitter and everything, very artistic lol...She's only gonna be 6 so hopefully she won't notice that they are not really sent from New Zealand or else we're in trouble lol..... As part of her present she is getting tickets to go to Disney on Ice in Dublin, she thinks that all the tickets are sold out so that will be a big suprise... my brother got a ticket for my little girl too, she'll be 4 next month so there will be great excitement on Friday when the presents arrive.... my mam is asking the postman will he drop them into the house to her so that she thinks he's delivering them...!! lol

Then I'm off to a hotel for the weekend but unfortunately won't be relaxing, will be working so will have to be extra careful and plan on what foods to bring.. I'm gonna go to Aldi this evening and stock up on some Cupshots and cereal bars..... prob won't bring yoghurts cos won't have access to a fridge! Any other ideas for things I could bring with me??

Hope everyone is doing well this week xxx

Morning Laura, good luck for weigh in tonight and post your results as soon as you can - Can't wait to see how you've got on :)

Can you not take some sort of cool bag with you for the weekend? Then you could take yoghurts, and fruits etc?

Good luck lovely im sure it will be fine sometimes you need some naughty to kick start the losses!

Cool bag sounds good idea - like I said on my page im trying out a food flask today so that could be good for you to make the packet pasta in sauces and savoury rice??

x

Back