LauraTheLoop Slim & Save Diary

Lauratheloop

Silver Member
Soooooo day 1 has begun, I am at work and my package has arrived but it's at home :-(

Okay so here's the plan, I have a Slim fast ready made milkshake - I know these aren't particularly low on carbs but calories are only 230 so that's my lunch and then I will have my S&S shake for dinner

Going to the cinema tonight but I have also ordered a bar so I'm gona take that with me just incase I get tempted with my hubby and sons treats. I feel massively focused though

Weighed in this morning at 13 dead..... I was 12.10 2 weeks ago but haven't really been watching what I eat and I've loaded up the carbs which is kinda what pushed me to do this.
I imagine 4 lbs of that is water and will come off so quick,

Here's hoping for some good loses, will keep updating here please feel free to join me, encourage me, tell me off give some tips and advice - all is welcome!

I am feeling slightly hungry but I'm pretty good at ignoring this and I'm a pro at getting into Ketosis ;-)

Xx

Good luck Laura! Got mine today too :) just had my first shake crispy chocolate, a lot nicer than I expected and very morish lol guzzling down my water and keeping myself busy that's the key to not thinking about food. Good luck with your first 3 days...hoping it flies by :)

X

Already posted this elsewhere but didn't want to have to re- type a new MSG

In actually off work and helpin my hubby with a big catering deal he had so I've been portioning salads and fruit salads and making sandwiches all morning ! I must admit I'm quite pleased at how ignorant I have managed to stay towards the food lol
As its a sandwich bar coffee shop there's cakes sweets treats everywhere but well, I had a sneaky peak on scales this morning and as I suspected I already from 13.0 dead am showing 12.11.8 and so I think I'm right to say 4 lbs of that is going to simply be water as I was 12.10 2 weeks ago!

I had the caramel vanilla this morning and I was omg so surprised, I did exante last year and yuk I didn't like them so was really dreading the shakes, luckily hubby has a milkshake machine so it was blended nicely in an ice cold glass - I can't wait to have my banana one for lunch ;-)

Oooh well done for resisting all that temptation! Don't think I'm sting enough yet as only day 2 for me 2. I've been following this diet religiously as I am 100% committed this time round. Ive already ordered my 14 days box of treats lol

Also did exante and didn't like the shakes. Too creamy and thick. I'm loving all the slim and save products so far! Had spicy spag for lunch with my 200g of cauliflower and broccoli...yummy. 1L of water gone already and now off to sleep as I'm working tonight. Good luck with the rest of the day hun! And keep it up!! :)

So just had my chocolate shake and planning in having either a bar later or a bit of protein - not quite sure yet.

Is there a rule as to what protein we can actually have?

x

Hiya! you can have things like chicken breast, turkey, tinned or fresh tuna, salmon or any white fish to make up a total of 675-775 if you're doing the 3 shakes per day.

I just had the macaroni cheese...have to say wasn't as nice as the spicy spag but at least it done the trick. Not hungry, feeling bloated instead lol taking a bar to work incase I get hungry later X

Wendox said:
Hiya! you can have things like chicken breast, turkey, tinned or fresh tuna, salmon or any white fish to make up a total of 675-775 if you're doing the 3 shakes per day.

I just had the macaroni cheese...have to say wasn't as nice as the spicy spag but at least it done the trick. Not hungry, feeling bloated instead lol taking a bar to work incase I get hungry later X

Well I've decided when I order my 5 pack package next week in going to get a meal for each lunch I'm at work so that's 3 days a week, the other 2 days I work from home so the shakes will be a breeze to make an I think actually physically having to eat something will keep me focus,

I've heard good things about the spicy spag Bol and the chilli so will defo try these.

How's day 2 for you?

x I know I shouldn't but will have a sneaky peak at scales in the morning to give me a boost x

Yeh that sounds like a good idea. Thinking of doing the same for the days I'm at work.
Haven't tried the chilli yet, il give that a go tomorrow :)

2nd day has been really good. So impressed I haven't been tempted once. Even did a bit of cooking for oh before leaving for work. Still on my 2nd litre of water though bit slow with the drinking today.

Hope tomorrow is easy peasy too! This diet is defo alot more doable than exante was. Have a good night x

Right well I am all set forthe day, working from home so have already chosen to have vanilla caramel shake for breakie - might try mixing it with a bit if coffee (not a coffee fan but think I could stomach a milking coffee) want to try new things and experiment . Then strawberry for lunch..... Dinner I haven't yet thought about.

I did step in scales this morning and im backto 12.10 so that's 4lbs off since Wednesday morning - not bad going but as I say I'm looking at it as the amount between 13 & 12.10 was the weight I weighed but eating carbs the last two weeks. Anything from now till Wednesday I am going to be super chuffed. 4lbs off in 2 days in hoping for a little but more now :)

I'm pretty good with drinking the water, although I did have a couple of cans of coke zero but then I had about 3.5/4 litres of water across the day too.

I'm finding it easier then I thought and even when OH say talking about getting a curry tomorrow I held strong although I did say he was out if order. Whenever I wanted curry he would say he didn't fancy It wasn't his thing, then sat there doin really well last night he mentions a curry- I was like what??? Of all the weeks you chose this one !!!

I secretly think he said to test to see if I am strong enough to stick to plan.... He seems to think I will give up like I did last year although last year I wasn't in the right frame of mind.... Now I am and will stand strong haha

Here's to day 3 I guess xxx

Good on ya girl! Well done for resisting. I Looove curry but that's the reason I'm where I am now with my weight lol just keep reminding yourself why you need to achieve your target weight and how great you will feel about yourself.

Today has been good! Think I'm ketosis as I've had the dull headache and not feeling hungry at all! Started the day with crispy vanilla (still prefer crispy chocolate) and now just woke up for my chilli and cauliflower which was lush. I find eating slowly followed by 500mls of water really helps make me fuller. Now I'm back in bed...working again tonight :( 3 more nights to go till I'm back to normality lol

Good luck with the rest of the day :) keep me updated! X

Nearly cracked !!! Hubby mentioned curry again whilst in the super market- was in a foul mood BUT pleased to say I've just polished off my 3rd shake of the day.... Aaahhh normality restored! So pleased I snubbed the curry although I said and OH promised me a new dress and a nice dinner out to curry house once I reach goal !!

So I have my 100g protein cooking which I'll have at about 6.30 and that will see me thru now till bed time.

Felt so miserable whilst walking round super market it's got to be the worst place to find yourself on day 3 of a VLCD an especially when this week consists of only milkshakes haha can't wait to see what scales say tomorrow morning - that little boost is really needed ;-)

How's the rest of your day going Wendox?

Can't believe I nearly cracked and felt so miserable, I just need to get thru this weekend xx

Omg I so know the feeling! I've been avoiding tescos this week till I'm deeply in ketosis. It could be dangerous if attempted any shopping on my own lol!! I nearly forgot to have my 4th meal today as been so busy at work. Ended up eating my bar just after midnight! Hope that doesn't count towards my allowance today! :-s

Feeling good because colleagues from work have started noticing that I'm losing weight which is brilliant considering I'm only on day 4! Good luck today (as its already nearly 3am!) lol its always motivating to see the pounds dropping off helps me stay motivated. X

I had just some pork last night and well it hasn't hindered my weight on scales this morning another 2 lbs down so now 12.8 if it carries in like this for the rest of the week that's all the boost I need lol

Just had vanilla shake, and strangely I don't feel anything towards food, working at the sandwich shop today and normally I would be sat there going mmmm this and mmmm that but head strong now had my grumble last night.

Got a chocolate shake for lunch and then I'll prob have a caramel one for dinner with some protein :)

So how many more night shifts you got left now? Do you have to them often?

I've already selected my stuff for my next order and it's sat on the computer for Monday morning ready to roll

Oh brilliant well done on the weight loss so far! That's great :) I'm 5ibs lighter too so I'm now 15.2 started at 15.7. I must admit I am loving this diet...I actually look forward to my shakes lool and like you I'm no longer tempted by food. Have 2 more nights to go...I always feel really bloated after a night shift but I'm glad

My weight loss isn't affected! Sorry last message was incomplete! Bliming phone lol
I do about 6-8 night shifts per month. All the others are 12 hours day shift. But I'm used to them now and it's my way of exercising cos I'm on my feet all day lol

Are you planing to do any exercise on this diet? I was going to get past week 2 and start 20-30 min exercise per day.

X

Wow that's a killer 12 hours in your feet, I sit behind a desk most days unless I take a day off to help hubby in his shop but hats off to ya.

Yeh I was thinking the same after 2nd week I'm going to attempt the couch to 5 k app on the iPhone and see if I can get back into running.
Thing is I used to go gym 4 times a week and the odd run outside but gym is too expensive ion top of the diet so stopped going- haven't done much exercise since but confident ill get back to it.
Want to run outside saves money and just something to clear the mind but I also have my bike so may get back into cycling too.... Slowly to start though lol

Yeh I'm same actually looking forward to me shake at lunch- its funny when I got back from tesco last night and had my banana shake I just felt like it was my saviour lol it saved me from the temptation of the supermarket and once I had it I felt so pleased I thought stuff the food lol

x

Lol yep 12 hours. But the time goes so quickly and you soon get used to it lol. I only feel the pain when I get home after a long day and can't feel my feet loool

Yeh I used to love running too and in fact that's how I lost weight 4 years ago doing calorie counting and running. Went down to 10.7.

15.13 is the biggest ive ever been though hence the motivation to do something about it. Running will defo be a lot easier the lighter you are and guessing in 2 weeks time you will probably a stone lighter so should be ok to start off gently.

I've just had spicy spag...think I'm addicted loool I could have it all day every day lol yesterday I had a little more than my veg allowance by 100g and was worried I might gain but thank goodness I didn't. So sticking to my allowance today :)

Good luck with the rest of the day! You'll soon become immune to sandwiches at the rate you're going hehe! Keep it up though. Doing well :) X

Sooo I had caramel shake for tea and then dinner just had a bit of pork no fat and a small lettuce salad- not sure if lettuce is allowed but pretty sure I probably burned more eating it then what is actually in it.

I'm actually feeling rather peckish tonight but I know it's not hunger it's just Saturday night all chores done and time to chill, crap on TV and my OH really irritating me!

Anyway I know it's just me in a bad mood where as once again there is cakes in the house as there was last night and it really annoys me especially when e knows I'm on a serious diet. He just sits there all smug because he such a skinny sod but one day it will catch up.

Anyway moan over, I'm just focusing on Wednesday official weigh in......

Lauratheloop said:
Sooo I had caramel shake for tea and then dinner just had a bit of pork no fat and a small lettuce salad- not sure if lettuce is allowed but pretty sure I probably burned more eating it then what is actually in it.

I'm actually feeling rather peckish tonight but I know it's not hunger it's just Saturday night all chores done and time to chill, crap on TV and my OH really irritating me!

Anyway I know it's just me in a bad mood where as once again there is cakes in the house as there was last night and it really annoys me especially when e knows I'm on a serious diet. He just sits there all smug because he such a skinny sod but one day it will catch up.

Anyway moan over, I'm just focusing on Wednesday official weigh in......

Lol sounds like my oh he's sat eating Ben and Jerry's me favourite flavour as well. He's stick thin too :-( but it will be us soon :) good luck with weigh in

Back