Lauren's Food Diary to Happiness!

Laurenypop

Gold Member
Yay, food diary time! I did the paper ones at group..then those sheets ran out and i stopped. They got too tatty and annoying...so later started to do a Blogger blog posting my food everyday///but now that's a bit boring to read and want to keep that blog to weight loss and recipe ideas.

So now I've found this clever little part of the forum!

Okay so I think i need to stop thinking i'm so smart, and go back to writing my food diary! I got used to doing it in my head, but I'm getting scared now that my confidence will lead to another week that isn't where I want to be!

Sunday

2 x apples

Wholemeal bread (H.B) spring onion, mackerel and 1/2tsp of extra light mayonnaise (1/2 syn)
Baked walkers crisps (5 syns)
2 lindt chocolate balls (8syns)
2 praline miniature chocs (2 syns)

chicken stir fry - noodles, chicken stock, mangetout, runnerbeans, carrots, peppers, chicken. cheese (H.A)

seafood sticks

total superfree: 6
total syns: 15 1/2
total superspeed: 0 :cry:

Final Thoughts: need to stop skipping breakfasts, have a proper fruit bowl if nothing else. Been stickin to making sandwiches as I'm the only one who etas the wholemeal so wanted to use up the loaf! next loaf i buy i'm going to put 2 slices into sandwich bags and freeze them until I know I really fancy it! I need to start using the Healthy B for muesli again i think so I'm not getting so hungry all day =-/. I actually havent eaten a whole lot today! Threw most of my chicken stir fry as it was too salty (too much stock blergh!!!) so no wonder i've been raiding the fridge for seafood sticks! Going to be more clever tomorrow i think and get some potatoes back into my life. Can't rememebr the las ttime i made SW Chips/crisps! Mmmmmmm ^.^ Using all my syns on that chocolate was silly, but it's Easter chocolate taunting me! I've had the weekend off work, it was there at 11am..I was bored and knew it was a nice lil treat....be more careful next time and plan a proper filling meal if i'm gonig to be so frivolous with syns :D

Last edited:
Yes, feel so much better today! My sneaky peak on the scales today also cheered me up. Trying to not get excited as tomorrow it could change...but PLEASE! So I woke up and feeling food about today's eating =D.

Monday

hi-fi Berry bakewell (H.B)
Bachelor's savoury rice (free)
Baked Walker's cheese and onion (5 syns)
1 apple

Dinner

Quorn chilli and rice (free)
1 apple

Supper after work

Omelette made from eggs, splash of milk, bacon and broccoli. With spaghetti hoops
1 apple

Superfree Count: 4
syn count: 5 1/2
SuperSpeed: 0 :cry:

Last edited:
I was determined to not eat a lot before weigh in, but there is free coley at work!! I can't turn down Super Speed can I?!! It had a herb crust which is to die for, decided I'm gonna make a syn free one for my haddock tomorrow, ill have to make the coley at work which is only 90p to buy a regular thing, and try my hardest to scrape away the crust in future!! Sad times, but yay for coley! Hope the crust doesn't ruin weigh in, I'm sure it won't I'm gonna pick up the pace for the rest of my shift today in case though =D

Tuesday

1 apple
serving of grated carrot
coley with a herb crust (4 syn crust)

Tom Yum thai takeaway -

Chicken Pad Cong Kruang - cooked with seasonal vegetables, garlic and oyster sauce.
Chicken Pad Mee Kai Noodles - stir fried noodles with beansporuts, carrot and onions - I was hungry!! lol

3 kiwis

total superfree:6
total syns: 40 :wave_cry: bye bye syns for next 2 days! lol

Last edited:
here to support and subscribe :) im also wondering what coley is! x

coley is fish, and it's a super speed food, so great for boosting weight loss! I can't taste a massive difference to cod to be honest, lots more flavour! I think I prefer it to haddock :) Not sure how much it is to buy in supermarket, but it's a more sustainable fish than cod anyway, so it's all win win :gimi:

ahh that makes sense, well it sounds yum yum :) xx

Today's Food Diary:

1 x banana
1 x plum
1 x lettuce serving with tomato and cheese pasta
2 x grapes servings
2 x handfuls of strawberries
1 Hi Fi bar
Pot noodle (6 syns)
Organic gummy fruits (16 syns)
Cheese (4 syns)
Sweet Thai chilli super noodles

Syn Count: 26
SuperFree count: 5
Super Speed: 2

Way over on syns today and yesterday, so I'm gonna have the next two days completely syn free and hope I haven't done too much damage! I'm straight on the swimming and running until Monday now. It could have been worse fats I think but in definitely nipping this in the bud now by 'punishing' myself for my sins with syns the next two days :p

I think I'm gonna cook a veggie pasta with chicken to satisfy me for the next two days. I'm fully loaded with fruit for a week now so fruit salads for breakfast and dinner too. I can undo this I know I can :)

I'm sitting in bed here thinking I have an obnoxious amount of white fish fillets in the freezer, I think I'm gonna come up with two good recipes this week, a dinner and a lunch recipe...hmm!?!

My pre-plan to battle the rest of the week:

Thursday: wholemeal rolls with mackerel and lettuce

Dinner: Cowboy hot pot from the new magazine. Extra helpings of veg tho!

Friday: lunch: coley and lettuce

dinner: haddock with wholemeal crust and roast potatoes and broccoli

Saturday : white fish fusilli pasta bake for lunch
Dinner: Chicken curry with brown rice and runner beans

Sunday: coley and lettuce for lunch
Dinner: Stir fry noodles, chilli sauce, snap peas and chicken

Monday: savoury rice for lunch
Dinner: Jacket potato, spaghetti hoops, lettuce, onion, cheese and bacon rashers

Tuesday: lettuce, carrot and coley for lunch
Dinner: sausage and mash, with broccoli and runner beans

All planned out now! You see it here, no excuses, totally super speed and SuperFree, no syns needed here! Wish me luck I'm determined to stick to this and not fall! That sweet size 10 is calling me in September! Sooner if a miracle happens!

Today's food diary:

Breakfast: Banana

Lunch: Two wholemeal mini rolls (healthy B) with mackerel and lettuce

Snacks: Pear
Strawberries - 2 servings

Dinner: Cowboy hot pot made with chicken - runner beans, snap peas, sweetcorn, broccoli, peppers, onions, carrots, kidney beans, potatoes, chilli and stock

Total syns: 0 !!!! Wahoooo! Never been syn free!
Total SuperFree: 10
Total super speed: 2
Total gold body magic: 90/105 minutes

image-1771869511.jpg

Last edited:
Friday's Munchings! Looks like I was naughty today so will have to do my syn free day tomorrow. I did a good hard run today though at least!

Breakfast: Hi-Fi Berry Bakewell

Lunch: leftover hot pot ( 3 SuperFree)
Orange
Plum
Pear

Dinner: home made chicken jalfrezi (tomatoes)

Snacks: Melon
Vanilla and choc sprinkles mullerlight
Sausage rolls (party size) x 5 = 15 syns. SO not worth it! :(

Total SuperFree: 10
Total Syns: 15
Total Super Speed: 1
Total Body magic: 4 out of 5 days completed

image-2516049406.jpg

Last edited:
Saturday's Munchings:

Berry Bakewell Hi Fi bar

Apple
Banana
Plum
Grapes
Pear
Melon 1/5th of a half melon

Carrots with tortellini and mix veg

Two jacket potato x 2 with HEa cheese, spaghetti hoops, lettuce and kippers

Total SuperFree: 8
Total syns: 0
Total super speed: 1

Last edited:

Lunch: Tomato, onion and carrot soup

Plum

Dinner: chicken super noodles and WW pork sausages (2 syns)

Snacks: chocolates ( 6 syns)
Walkers Baked ( 5 syns)

Total SuperFree: 4
Total syns: 13
Total Super Speed: 0

Kiwis x 3
Melon x 2 servings
Banana

Snacks: mini eggs x 4 ( 3 syns )
Chocolates x 4 ( 6 syns)

Lunch: Pot noodle ( 6 syns )
Plum
Apple
Quorn chilli with lettuce, carrot and rice and kidney beans

Dinner: pasta bolognese (with onion and carrot)
Plum
Cheese (HEa)

Total super free: 11
Total syns: 15
Total Super Speed: 2

Last edited:
3 x apples

Hi-Fi berry Bakewell

Pasta bolognese leftover from last night with HEa of cheese

Mini praline chocolates = 15 syns

1 x orange

Total super free: 5
Total syns: 15
Total super free: 0

Hi Fi bar

Pot noodle (6 1/2 syns)

Apple x 2
Banana x 1

Salmons with lettuce and medallions (4 syns)

Ranch dressing potato onion and bacon bake. (Husband made and didn't think about my syns!! ). =10.5 syns from dressing

Total super free: 5
Total syns: 21

Going to have a syn free day tomorrow, feeling good about it, this week I haven't felt need for syns, bless my poor husband he tried! I have 9 syns i could use if need to but today im sure my husband made a really unhealthy meal and it tasted higher in syns lol! Men don't think to adapt a recipe to SW friendly! I have to teach him a few things!

Last edited:
Hi Fi bar

2 x apple
1 x plum

Toby Carvery meal (4 syns for the dried out tiny bit of gravy and tiny bit of cauliflower cheese sauce)

Walkers Baked crisps ( 5 syns)

Total super free: 8
Total syns: 9

Syns overused from yesterday are all banked!

Last edited:
I was bad yesterday and doubled my syns, so it's a syn free day today! Also if I'm up to it I may go syn free Sunday too as I'm feeling good this weekend for once :)

Breakfast: Hi-Fi bar, green tea with lemon

Lunch: green peppers, cheese, red onion, sweet corn, tuna, ham. Banana. Diet Coke

Dinner: red pepper Malaysian chicken curry with brown rice (pictured) 1 syn

Total super free: 4
Total syns: 1

Attachments

• image-3253939202.jpg
    image-3253939202.jpg
    530.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Back