lauryn's jouney to being a yummy mummy!

lauryn

***Restarted Exante 4th Aug 2011 from page 4***

Hi all :)

My name's Lauryn & I'm 24 years old. I have a baby daughter who is almost 8.5 months old (god, that's gone fast!) and I have a lovely OH and we've been together for almost 3 years now!

I have decided to give Exante a go, after failing (miserably, may I add!) at SW & WW already... THIS YEAR :eek: It wasn't so much as failing, it was more the fact that I stuck to both diets properly for the first 2 weeks and saw NO LOSS on SW and only 2lbs on WW, it just wasn't fast enough to give me any motivation to continue, hence why I've chosen Exante!

I've been ''overweight'' for a while, since I was probably 18/19 so had weight to lose pre-baby. I didn't actually put on a lot of weight whilst pregnant, I seem to have gained loads post-baby :cry:I'm currently a SAHM (although back off to work but only part time soon!) so I get bored easily, binge and snack during the day when it's just me & baby, and then I always serve huuuuge portions at meal times too - I do know where I'm going wrong, it's just changing it I can't seem to do!

So after lots of research, a VLCD was the way to go. I need to see results fast to stay on plan and I am feeling very motivated & confident in my decison. Exante is unbelievably cheaper than others (LighterLife & Cambridge) so it won hands down, and I've seen so many posts on here how much nicer the products taste :p that's always a winner for me!!

Anyway enough of my rambling on :eek: just thought I'd do a little intro and my reasons and thinking behind starting my diet!

Today is the first day of Exante, and hopefully the first day to a new me :D

I haven't got any weighing scales so had to order some on amazon on Friday, they should be being delivered today, so haven't weighed myself yet :sigh: not looking forward to it TBH. I was last weighed at WW 3 weeks ago and was 16st 13lbs :cry: I imagine I've gained since then, but will update as soon as I have stepped on the scales!

I've just had my breakfast - a banana shake. It was absolutely delicious, I am really quite shocked :eek: I wolfed it down and am looking forward to trying a bar for lunch, and soup for dinner later!

Will update soon with weight, measurements and how I'm getting on! x

Last edited:
Hey lauryn..

All the very best on your 1st day..
With some determination and motivation you can do it chick..

X

Hiya Chick

Welcome to the merry band :)

Hope your first days going well xx

Hi ladies, thanks for stopping by! :)

You have both done so well :clap: it's siggy's like the both of yours that are spurring me on!

So... just tucked in to lunch :D I had a toffee, nut & raisin bar. The first few bites tasted fab, and then half way through I decided I'm wasn't really a fan :p LOL! But it was definitely more than just edible so I powered through and it has definitely took the edge off the hunger.

Just made baby her lunch too - scrambled egg & toast. It looked and smelt sooooo good :( but I didn't pick or anything, didn't even lick the butter knife! And with her leftovers I quickly sprayed them with a bit of Flash kitchen cleaner and threw them in the bin - don't want to take ANY chances :D hehe!

I'm lagging behind big time with my water intake, have only drank about 3/4 of a litre :sigh: it's so hard. I do like water and drink it all the time anyway but I know I'm going to struggle getting 2-3litres in a day. Anyone have any tips, or is there anything else I can drink as well as water just to mix it up a bit!?

Stupid delivery man hasn't turned up yet with my scales :confused: so still haven't done my start weigh in! Not off to the best of starts!!

Oh well - here's looking forward to my soup later... ooooh what flavour to have!?! x

I can only drink sparkling water. I drink about 4 litres plus my shakes but that's over the whole day.
Exante do water flavourings too, I've just had the blackcurrent one, it's delish :)

Well done for getting rid of them leftovers :D

Hurry up postie man with them scales xx

Welcome and good luck as you get through these first few days. Some people prefer having the bar in two halves, as it gives you an extra 'meal' in the day, and some find it a bit too much in one go. In the sticky section there's a 'what can I drink' thread, you'll find loads of ideas in there, including tea, coffee, Coke Zero, Dr Pepper Zero.

Wooo Lauryn!

Ok when i first started Exante, i was struggling with the water thing. I used to have around 2 or 3 drinks a day and i'm surprised i wasn't severely dehydrated! Now i guzzle 2 litres easily.

You will find the longer you are on the diet the thirstier you become... your body starts to crave the water. It's very strange. I have to drink now... my body WANTS me to.

Wooo Lauryn!

Ok when i first started Exante, i was struggling with the water thing. I used to have around 2 or 3 drinks a day and i'm surprised i wasn't severely dehydrated! Now i guzzle 2 litres easily.

You will find the longer you are on the diet the thirstier you become... your body starts to crave the water. It's very strange. I have to drink now... my body WANTS me to.

Oooh that's good to know! Hopefully I won't starve myself of water for too long! x

hey lauryn hows it going so far?
x

Hi Precious!

Today has gone well - I am so pleased with myself!! I really did expect it to be a lot harder, and I've been fine! I know it's only my first day and definitely know it's far from over, but I am quite proud of myself!

Had a mushroom soup for dinner, and found it to be quite nice! I ate that around 7pm-ish and am quite hungry already, so I think tomorrow I'm going to have soup for lunch and bar for dinner as the bar seemed to fill me/take the hunger away for a good few hours!

I've managed to get 1.5litres of water down today and am still glugging at it now to squeeze an extra 1/2 in!

Hope everyone else has had a relatively good day! x

Last edited:
DAY 2

Morning all!

So day 2 and I'm feeling really good & positive again!

Just ''chowing down'' on a strawberry shake - it's bloody delicious :D so thick & tasty.... yum yum, my only wish was that there was more LOL!

Think I'm going to try a soup for lunch today and a bar for dinner tonight, as I've found the bar to be really filling and I felt more hungry in the evening.

Mini goal for today is to try get 2.5litres of water in me!

Morning lauryn..

Shakes are yum.. Have u tried vanilla with coffee omg pure heaven lol... Defo my fave by far ... Here's to another top day...

X

Morning lauryn..

Shakes are yum.. Have u tried vanilla with coffee omg pure heaven lol... Defo my fave by far ... Here's to another top day...

X

Hi hun :)

Oooh thanks for the tip, that sounds lovely! Will have to try it out tomorrow!

Hope your day is going well too! x

Morning all!

So day 2 and I'm feeling really good & positive again!

Just ''chowing down'' on a strawberry shake - it's bloody delicious :D so thick & tasty.... yum yum, my only wish was that there was more LOL!

Think I'm going to try a soup for lunch today and a bar for dinner tonight, as I've found the bar to be really filling and I felt more hungry in the evening.

Mini goal for today is to try get 2.5litres of water in me!
YESSSSS! Someone who loves the strawberry shakes as much as I do haha!! Nice to meet you! You seem to be having a great start (just remember that water!) and I look forward to following your journey to a slimmer you. :) xxx

Hiya just caught up on your diary .... wishing you lots of positive thoughts on your journey. Take a day at a time and focus on your WI day .... its the best feeling in the world when those scales show a loss! I'm sure you'll be fine and welcome to our world!! xx :D

YESSSSS! Someone who loves the strawberry shakes as much as I do haha!! Nice to meet you! You seem to be having a great start (just remember that water!) and I look forward to following your journey to a slimmer you. :) xxx

Hi Lozza :wavey: them strawberry shakes are aaaamazing!! I had to hold myself back from cracking another sachet open :gimi: but I held back!

Thanks hun, will follow your journey too - looks like you're off to a fab start!

P.S. Lozza is my nickname that my family call me! You must be a Lauren, Laura or Louise!?! x

Hiya just caught up on your diary .... wishing you lots of positive thoughts on your journey. Take a day at a time and focus on your WI day .... its the best feeling in the world when those scales show a loss! I'm sure you'll be fine and welcome to our world!! xx :D

awww thanks hun :hug99:

i'm dying to weigh myself today but i'm holding back :rotflmao: it's only been 1 day!! x

Mmmm just had a thai chicken soup and it was lovely! I got really full half way through though and literally had to force the rest down, although did leave a bit at the bottom of my bowl - SHOCK!! It was just so thick & creamy, I think I'll have to make with more than 250mls of water next time! x

Some of the girls weigh themselves regularly just to spur them on. Choice is yours really if you think it will help you then go for it. I think I weighed myself after day 2/3 and that spurred me on for the rest of the week! Good luck xx

Back