Leanne's Diary (new to this please comment i dont know if im doing it right!!)

Yes I read that you had given up aswell - I think you are finding it a lot easier than I am - are you still finding it ok? Some days are good for me but just when I think it's getting easier, I out of nowhere get a whole evening of terrible cravings! Last night was one of those horrible evenings - I ended up going a little wrong on my diet then by eating toffee to take the edge off. I'm determined to stop though so I'm going to carry on with it even though I'm turning into quite an evil woman. I'm quite worried about this weekend as I have two meals out with drinks this weekend and a lot of my friends smoke - will be the big tester for me!

Yeh its really strange! i was smoking 10-20 a day! then i had an infection in my mouth a couple weeks ago which i was thought id better not smoke...and then i thought, actually, im going to give up!!!and here we are! ive had m inimal cravings, i dont sub it with chewing gum, no patches. Its so strange in previous attempts to quit i have found it similar to you! I think its becasue i just changed my life around a little bit the last few weeks. I have started running 2 miles 5 times a week, i have changed my diet, and i've started saving money for a deposit. So ive pretty much revamped everything and started new routines that just dont involve smoking!! My car smells great!! and my clothes and hair. There are so many beneits to not smoking! My friend however didnt find it so easy. she chews gum instead (not nicotine gum jst regular) and another friend SWEARS by the Alan cars guid to quiting smoking :)
I had a worry with going out with friends etc but it was ok i quite liked the smell seemed to be a good fix!!!! but when i wanted one i just thought, nah!

Another tip for when i get cravings...cravings on average last three mins. If you can last that your onto a winner. Keep going!!! xxx

Yeah I've been fancying that book but apparently his advice is to smoke throghout reading it, for what reason I'm not sure! Bit late for me to do that now. My plan of action for my meal and drinks tonight, Is have several nicotine chewing gums before I leave the house to make sure I have my fill of nicotine; making it less likely I'll get really bad cravings when I'm out. Thanks for the tip though - I'll keep thinking to myself that the cravings are for only 3 mins. x

Oh god ive been poop! havent written, had and argument with OH smoked a fag (after two weeks of quitting) got drunk friday AND stole a bot if my sisters KFC had to leave work early with a migrane.....but am still gonna attempt weigh in tomoz yay! fingers crossed.....

not happy. Put on 2lbs. Diary for today:

Break: Muller lite vanilla dark chocolate and banana

Lunch: Quiche made with syn free cottage cheese, 2 eggs and chopped peppers and mushrooms. super noodles (low fat)

Dinner: Stir fry made with frilite.muller lite for desert.

HEXB: 2 Alpen bars
HEXA: 350ml of skimmed milk for tea (with sweetner)

Its my * week also.

Last edited:
You will loose that gain if you stick to plan 100% this week Hun. Just remember to eat loads of speed foods and up your water intake.
Are you on an EE day or a Green Day today?? If Green, you need to have another HeB.

Mrs V is right - if you are doing a green day today then you can have another HEXB, otherwise it seems OK.

Maybe you could put what plan you are doing in your diary every day, it will help others looking in to advise you.

As it's your * week that will be why you failed to lose this week, plus maybe the alcohol at the weekend if you didn't have the syns to cover it.

And you really must eat some syns every day - you can have from 5-15 syns daily, so aim for the 5 to start off with.

Not eating enough will also stop you losing weight, because your body will go into 'starvation' mode and hold on to the calories you would otherwise be losing.

Thankyou guys!!!!! All taken on board!!! Need to grab some more fibre!!!!!! I also have some fun size malteasers...they are 5.5 syns so one or two of those a day will be 5 syns!! Ill post again tomorrow!! thankyou thankyou thankyou I LOVE MINI MINS!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Right last night i added some cheese HEB and some mini malteasers 5.5 syns!

Today and its....green

Brekkie: Banana, Activia yogurt (fat free)

Lunch: Jacket potato (FREE) w/ LOADS of cottage cheese and chives (FREE)
Noodles (FREE) in Soy sauce.

Dinner: Probably jacket potato With beans (going to a friends to stay)or a couple slices of wholemral bread (HEb)

Snacks: Muller liteX2, 2 alpen Bars (HEB) and malteasers 5.5 syns

Today is fine Leanne, except you haven't had an HEXA, maybe you could have some grated cheese on your beans.

28g Cheese = 1 HEXA
42g Low Fat cheese = 1 HEXA

Well done. X

Back