Learning 2 drive in own car question

big bear

A bear on a mission!
Is it ok to learn 2 drive/practice in own car (family car) as long as I'm insured & someone sits next 2 me thats got their licence? Please could someone tell me the criteria, I'm in the uk, thanks x

Cool got all of that. Sorry 2 hear about ur little car H just bought me a little golf (j reg) only one prob I can't drive pmsl I'm also 5mths up duffed & have an 18mth old boy....not sure when I'll fit in learning 2 drive...

I learned to drive in a car I bought when I was 17, with my dad being my teacher. I booked some lessons though with a school to learn parallel parking and things because my dad wanted me to learn the proper way and not pick up any of his bad habits!

Thanks EB, I should be ok as I was ready to do my test 4 years ago but bought our house etc etc so had no spare cash to do the test/more lessons.

I'm hoping that it'll all come back to me after a few lessons with an instructor then just practice alot as time is ticking till October and want to try and pass before then. I'm finishing work the end of July so have a bit of time.

I really struggled to learn in any car other than my instructors! My dad insured me on his P reg corsa haha, and i didn't get on very well with not having power steering, bit of a wimp!! Now i've passed though and i'm more used to it it's not a problem anymore.
I wasn't a fan of learning to drive anyway, i only passed April 14th and was learning for 1 year, 4 months, so im still a new driver! I love it now i've passed!! Good luck with your test :D xx

I really struggled to learn in any car other than my instructors! My dad insured me on his P reg corsa haha, and i didn't get on very well with not having power steering, bit of a wimp!! Now i've passed though and i'm more used to it it's not a problem anymore.
I wasn't a fan of learning to drive anyway, i only passed April 14th and was learning for 1 year, 4 months, so im still a new driver! I love it now i've passed!! Good luck with your test :D xx

Thanks I hope I can do it by then as it would make things easier with a 2 year old and baby..

good luck!

Im learning to drive as well I have a 6 year old and 20 months so need the independence. My lovely OH bought me a car a few weeks ago (a P reg fiat bravo - perfect for me!)

I passed my theory a few weeks ago and am hoping to book up for my test soon. I had lessons when I was 17 but moved out of the area and never took it up again which I could kick myself at! I have had 10hrs lessons so far with my intructor who is brilliant and have been out and about with my OH to practise!

I want to make sure that im as ready as I can be before taking my test becuase its so expensive isnt it??

Good luck! xx

It is expensive, I'm booking a block of 10 then practicing with a friend.

The baby is due October so it will be easier if I had a car.
My hubby bought me a P reg golf love it...just need 2 drive it now

Back