Learning to Love Life!

linda my lovely....i gave you a hug on facebook earlier and wanted to give you on on minimins too so here it is........xx
A55616.jpg

Hey Lind,
How long have we had those habits of eating for comfort of one sort or another?
For you, you felt left out, the hot dogs were talking to you.
It's hard to unlearn those habits.
One of the ladies on my group used to say, if I want to "cheat" I don't say to myself that I CAN'T have it. I'm choosing not to have it,
If I still want it in half an hour I will. Then she'd make herself a tea or coffee, go and do something else,remind herself how far she'd come and why she started LL.
For me I knew abstinence was going to last about a year so I almost always sat and had dinner with my family. I hada place at the table.They got used to me having water, coffee and a pack. I could make it last a whole meal. That way I was still included. We all got used to it. Sometimes now I still sit with them and have something different, but I don't feel left out.
You'll be fine I know - and I bet the hot dogs didn't taste that great either. xxxx

Today I was 100%, didn't have any wobbles, no wishing I was eating and felt happy to be back to "normal".

I used a Ketostix this morning and I am still in ketosis so I am pleased about that. I also don;t have any scales at home so I can not weigh myself to see if I have managed to do any damage.

I have got the hubby to agree that the left overs are going in the bin from now on, no matter how nice!!

Here's hoping for Monday weigh in!!

Thank you for the lovely hug Tracy. xxx

well done linda......your so welcome for the hug you needed it honey. glad your ok xx

Weekend went well.
Was looking forward to my meeting tonight as I had a long talk with hubby last night and we had come up with a list of things I wanted to say to my LLC about not getting the counselling that I was paying for. And, guess what? I get an email this morning to say she's on holiday for the next 2 weeks.

Why am I paying for a service that I am not getting? Why am I just putting up with it and why why why why why?!?!?!

I went to my docs and had my own weigh in this morning as the scales there weigh me the same as my LLC's. I have lost one pound so I will take that. I have exercised a lot over the last few days to try and undo some of the damage I did.

I am seriously thinking about chaning to Exante. I am basically doing this on my own any way so I amy as well do it for £100 per month instead of £280!

If I do change though I will still be on the LL boards!

I sent LL an email yesterday about my whole lack of counselling issues. They sent me a lovely mail back and gave me the contact details of another LLC. She is a but further away but I had a good chat with her about it on the phone and she is willing to see me on a one to one basis on a Saturday morning untill I finish Foundation then she will put me into a Developers group.

So I think that is what I am going to do. Ao my first weigh in with her will only be 5 days this week so I must be careful not to expect more than a pound or two.

I sent LL an email yesterday about my whole lack of counselling issues. They sent me a lovely mail back and gave me the contact details of another LLC. She is a but further away but I had a good chat with her about it on the phone and she is willing to see me on a one to one basis on a Saturday morning untill I finish Foundation then she will put me into a Developers group.

So I think that is what I am going to do. Ao my first weigh in with her will only be 5 days this week so I must be careful not to expect more than a pound or two.

That's brilliant Lind, just saw that you mentioned a new LLC on your other post so ignore my response haha! She sounds much better, and sounds like you'll finally get the proper counselling and support you pay for :)
How many weeks do you have until developers?

Good for you Lind. x

Feeling good today, maybe because the sun is shining but on the whole I feel great.
I am so looking forward to getting weighed on Saturday morning. All I want is one pound this week then I will no longer be obese. I think it's been about 7 yrs since I was this size so I am starting to feel really good.
My body has changed so much this last few weeks that I hardly recognise it. It's not shrinking the way I thought it would, which to be honest I thought I would get very saggy skin on my tummy. But to be honest apart from the pregnancy strech marks at the moment it's shrinking fine.
My son starts school in September so I am going to get back into going to the gym three times a week to tone up a bit.
I am looking forward to the next few weeks.

Have nothing to say today.
No moaning or whinging, no huge emotional breakthroughs about life love and whatever.
Just getting on with it and getting the job jobbed!

Well done Lind! Some days are just 'grey' in that way, but we just keep going. :) Maybe tomorrow will be more interesting!
The important thing is of course not to get bored and keep busy. Keep jobbing that job and working at it! :D
Remember, just 1lb until that next all important BMI section!!! :D

Funny, I am happy with my nothing to say day. Just feels calm and quiet and just like everything is rolling along as it should.
I so can not wait for that pound!!! lol

I am up too early for a Saturday morning! Partly my son being too hungry to sleep apparently! And also I haven't slept well since my gp said I have to stop LL for a while.

My BP was quiet low and for someone whose BP is normally at the higher end of the scale then it's a bit of a worry. I had a mouth ulcer that wasn't clearing up and when I went to see my GP it turned out that I had lots of uclers in my mouth and my teeth were wobbly. I also thought i had a kidney infection because my back was in so much pain but when he tested there was nothing.

He said for now I need to stop LL and have some blood tests and make sure all is ok.

The problem I am worrying about is he said to eat balanced and healthy food but the emphasis was on health and not diet.

So now I am worried that I am going to put on weight and I really really do not want to put on any weight. I am going to continue to watch what I eat very very carefully and as soon as the weeks "rest" period is over I am going to get back in the gym and get exercising. I have 33lb left to loose and I am dertermined to have it gone by the end of October.

I have been thinking about Exante for a couple of weeks and after looking at the website I have decided that as soon as my GP says I can go back to a VLCD then I am going to do Exante and also use up the left over packs I have.

I am on antibiotics just incase I do have a kidney infection and I am on calcium tablets for my teeth and as soon as the blood tests come back then I am right back on the VLCD!! Not too worried about the teeth, I had that when I was pregnant and a couple of weeks of calcium tablets and the were ok again.

Just really annoyed with my silly body for making me have this break!!!

Hi lind,
When I went to the dentist for a routine check up when I had been on abstinence for 11 months (didn't tell the dentist) hew said my mouth wasn't very healthy, should have looked "pinker" and my teeth were starting to get loose ( Iwas 54!).
When I went back early this year - same dentist - he started the check up, stopped, looked confused, checked my notes on computer and paper, said he thought there might be a mistake and looking at the wrong notes. Asked my name and then said "I can't believe this is the same mouth. It is so healthy, completely different from a year ago - everything is fine"
I then told him I had been abstinent for a year, but had now been eating a healthy diet for a few months. He was gob-smacked!! literally.
He told me I should be in the newspaper.
We came to the conclusion that when you have been in abstinence for a while there is limited nutrition in your body so the mouth and hair are the bits that seem to lose out temporarily.
I hope you will find out as I did that when you start to reintroduce a healthy diet, plenty of fresh fruit and veg, limited carbs and still loads of water, you will be healthier than ever.
Good luck Lind xx

Lind, if you follow the sorts of foods available in the first month or so of RTM you should be fine. Most people lose weight in the first few weeks of RTM but you'll be having a more varied diet so will be having more nutrients. I too had problems last year after 6 months of abstinence - thinning hair and bleeding gums, along with lots of 'boils' on my neck but it didn't take long for everything to get back to normal (in fact I'm SURE my hair is considerably thicker now than it used to be!) and it can't have been TOO bad because I'm back on LL now - round two!!
Don't beat yourself up. Your weight loss might be slower when you come off LL but you'll still be losing and think about how much you've achieved!

Thanks Karen, I think I have managed to get my head around it now.

I have to go to see my gp on Friday to get the results of my blood tests and he said that all being well I can re-start at the begining of Sepember.

I have not weighted myself and I am not going to. I have been very careful with what I eat and I have done 4 hrs of garden work today and been careful with the carbs.

But I do have to say that I feel fustrated at being half way through my journey and having to take a break. I am going back to my old home town for a Halloween party, something that we all have every year and I want to be at target by then. I just hope I can remain as fired up as I am now though.

Haha - I'll keep you fired up if you do the same for me! I might have problems getting my packs sometimes - there might be a week or so when I don't have them every now and then so I'm going to do an Atkins type diet if that happens so that I don't have carbs. Different things work for different people, but I think that we know our bodies lose weight when we're in ketosis and Atkins works on the ketosis theory, too. I'd do the original ('72) version though, as it's a bit more 'extreme'. I'd still MUCH rather be able to stick to Lighter Life, though - I find it liberating to not have to think about food at all! If you are able to start LL again at the beginning of September then you have 2 months until your Halloween party and you KNOW you can do it. If you're not absolutely at target you'll be so damn close you'll feel fantastic!!

Back