Learning to Love Life!

well done. I cant believe how nasty that seems.

Its a good thing your OH defused it though. Really not very fair.

keep going, the results will show and itll be worth it.

They will one day be in a similar position if they dont watch it and hopefully they will see the error of their ways.

Keep going, dont listen to this sort of nonsense and keep your head.

To loose a stone in the time you did it is amazing, wait until they see a couple more and they will be sick with envy.

keep coming back on here, and you will see how much support people have for each other.

Lind you are fantastic

Hi Lind
Some people seem to love the challenge of trying to sabotage your fantastic achievement - good on you for sticking with it and great that your husband is supporting you and is proud of what you are doing.
You must have felt so strong saying no.
You will probably find as you get more into LL that you don't even fancy the take-away next time. You will have progressed and they'll still be the same.
How great you will feel.

Second week weigh in last night and I have lost another 5lbs, that makes 19lbs in two weeks!!! I am so pleased with my achievement that I can't even descibe it. I have a BBQ 25 July and I has so hoping to be able to see the weight loss by then and to think that in just two weeks I have done all that and I am starting to notice a difference already. I really hope I can loose a little bit more than three stone in 14 weeks. Would love to be a little over half way there, will mean I am on target for being skinny for Christmas.

The hubby is being amazing. When I got home from my meeting last night he was waiting at the door for me so I could tel him how much I had lost. And once I had explained to him the strokes thing he has done a really good job in keeping the positive ones going. To be honest it has made both of us more aware of how we talk to each other and our son and other people. But it makes me feel so nice just accepting a compliment instead of brushing it away and finding fault. The some one at my sons playgroup told this morning I was looking radiant, I smiled at her said thank you very much and I was feeling radiant.
I really am begining to feel that I am changing inside and out.

Yes, that's what I LOVE about LL.When you start you think it's a diet and hope you'll lose weight, then very soon you realise it is a diet, you do lose weight,
but you also start to understand yourself and others around you so much more an it has a positive impact on your whole life if you let it.
It was the same for me. My husband and I are now much more aware of how we are with each other. The atmosphere is much calmer and happier in our house nowadays.
I am sure you will be looking fab by Jluy for the wedding. You'll have another stone off by then.

Thanks you Slendablenda, it is so nice to have some encouraging words to start your day with.

Last night I was bored! But instead of moping around I used the skills I have learned and I sat down and thought about why I was bored. I realised that I wasn't bored, I was tired and worn out from my son being ill for the last two days and getting up in the night. Then I asked myself what I wanted to do about it. Did I want to go to bed and have an early night? Or did I want to get into old habits and get snappy and moody with the hubby? I didn't want to go to bed and the second option wasn't an option, so I decided to pamper myself a wee bit. I put on a facepack and I told my hubby what I was doing and why I was doing it. And again he was so lovely and positive and he even let me talk crap to him for half hour about facepacks!!!
The point is I got through it and I changed a bad behaviour and that felt very good.
Also, this morning I have taken my nose stud out. I am not too sure why, but I think it is part of the old me and I feel like I am making why for a new me.

Still loving the water, still loving my food packs and still loving the chages I am making!

Week 3 day 2. Today is the day that I can officially say that I know I will be sticking to this untill the end. Today is the longest I have stuck out any diet with out cheating. I always get the first 2 weeks done and then I start to slide and before I know it I am not actually on any diet, just pretending to myself that I am.

So now I am actually excited that I know that by Christmas I am going to be slim and at my goal.

I am so enjoying drinking water in this hot weather. I have been having about 5 ltrs a day and it has kept me cool. While everyone else is moaning about the heat I feel fine. Makes me feel a bit smug to be honest but in a good way!

Feel like a lot of things are clicking into place at the moment. Nice to be positve and free from diet stress for a change. :)

Today I am wearing a skirt that I haven't fitted into in a year!! It makes me feel like I am getting somewhere.

I also realised yesterday that I am no longer tempted by food. It did take me most of the day to realise this. My son wanted some chocolate (sorry) so I went to get him some and as I was bringing it to him I was sniffing it. I usually love the smell of it and I was sniffing and sniffing and nothing, not even an emotional hungry pain, my mouth didn't even water.
Then we were watching that Fat Families on Sky 1 and they were showing all this junk food and usually when I see that my tummy grumbles and I feel deprieved. But again nothing, and all I thought was that it all looked brown and disgusting. My hubby also asked me to make his sandwiches for work for him, and usually I avoid doing this because that is the biggest temptation. But yet again I was fine, I didn't even think about it.

This week is proving to be very enlightening for me, and I feel like I am taking back some control over me.

Normally on a Friday when I pick my son up from playgroup we go to the pub for lunch and a play. But today I am taking him to the cinema, just trying to break old habits now I feel strong enough to get out and about in the real world.

Another weekend successfully completed!
Even went to two pubs, and stuck to water. Didn't even miss not drinking.

I am starting to notice some small differences in my body now. I did a workout this morning and I noticed I can see my shin bones now, and my watch is a bit looser on me too. Can't wait for the real big differences to come along.

Have my weigh in and meeting tonight and I am really looking forward to going. I feel like I have lost quite a bit this week, so you can bet it will only be a pound or two! But I do look forward to going whatever the results on the scales will be.

I love when you start to notice differences, i've started wearing more bangles and bracelets, as before I always thought they cut off my arms and made me look like the michelin man!

Good luck for the weigh in tonight :) Let us know how it goes! I'm already looking forward to mine on Thursday, and that's something I never thought i'd say!

Had my weigh in last night and did another 3lbs!! That is 22lb in just three weeks!!! I am so pleased with that.

Yes Hannah, I love the fact I can put bangles on or my watch and I don't look like I pudgy arms! lol

Had a really good meetinglast too. Did a time line where you mark what happened at certain point through your life and mark out if you were big, medium or small.

Was amazing, I told my group stuff I have never told anyone. Just all this stuff came back to me that I had forgotten about years ago. It really made me see that there were three points in my life that I have been totally out of controll with food and what has been going on in my life had been really emotional.

It really does make you see how useful the counselling is and how much of an affect it can have. I feel like each day I am turning a corner and each day there is something new about me that I had hidden or lost a long time ago.

I am becoming happier too, my husband just said to me that he is really loving the new me and not just my weight loss but all of the new person I am becoming. It is like I am becoming the best version of me I can be.

Here's to fantastic week 4!!!

Somebody noticed I am loosing weight today!!!
A lady at my sons playgroup who I haven't seen since I started this told me I looked like I had lost weight and I was looking radiant!!
And instead of doing myself down and pushing the compliment away I accepted it, said thank you and I did feel radiant and very healthy at the moment. It was good to accept the compliment and it has given me a real boost.

I have to say though that I am getting a bit worried. I was expecting to be bored of the packs and all the water by now and I was expecting things to be getting tougher. But they simply are not! I don't know if I am waiting for the fall because that is what has happened of every diet I have ever been on or just because I am expecting myself to fail and just give up. This time round though I feel right, I feel that I have made my change and I have commited myself to complete this. I never see things through to the end. I make arrangements to go out and I cancel them at the last minute because I am worried that I wont enjoy myself or other people will find me lacking in some way. I talk a lot about I am going to do this that and the other and all I do is talk about it.

Well, no more. This is the one thing I am going to see through to the end, no matter what.

I promise myself I will get to my goals and I promise myself I will be succsessfull!!!

Congratulations Lind
It's a wonderful feeling when people start noticing and commenting isn't it?
And you can be sure lots of other people have noticed, but don't know what to say. Some even think you might be ill to lose weight so quickly - even though you look radiant!
Being in ketosis is fabulous because you just don't feel hungry and you lose the weight and dress sizes so fast that the whole thing gathers momentum and you feel you can go on and on losing. That's when you get that lovely certainty that you are going to get there.
Well done you. Enjoy that feeling. Never forget it.

Thank you SB. x

Yesterday I learned a very important lesson!!!!

I had been busy all morning and I didn't get my usual amount of water into me. I got a bit of a head ache and just thought to myself I would get more water as soon as I could. By the time I had drunk my water I had got myself a good headache. I took some pills and carried on with my jobs. Not really thinking too much about it, but the head ache really affected my concerntration levels. I ended up pouring boiling water over my arm and spending the rest of the afternoon in A&E!! I have a bad burn to my wrist and have to go back today to get the dressing changed.

Will make sure I always drink what I need to from now on!!! :eek:

Oh no!! Hope the arm is ok :( The other day I didn't drink enough water, was feeling really woozy, bent down to pick something up and whacked my head on a van door!! Guess it is some sort of karma for not drinking enough water, haha!

Hope it's all going well :)

Thanks Hannah, my arm is getting there. need to keep going to hospital to get the dressing changed and they said it may take a while to heal. But it doesn't hurt so much any more.

Feeling like a bit of a blob today. I think it must be the hot weather. I just want to wear something cool and cute but everything I have tried on this morning I look stupid in. I wanted to look nice because my little boy is going to a birthday party this afternoon and I just wanted to look good for that. In the end and after much swaeting I have settled for a long vest top and some three quarter length skinnies. But it's not what I wanted to wear and now I'm pissed off!

Food packs are all going well and so is the water and despite feeling like I am a lump of lard I am not about to go and eat any.

Humph! :(:mad:

Had my weig in last night and I have done another 4lbs this week. That makes 26lbs in 28 days. I'll take that. ;)

I am starting to see me changing now. I think it's one thing having your trousers a bit loose but when you can look at yourself in the mirror and see there is a difference then you know you are getting there.

My LLC also did my measurements again last night and I can not believe how much has gone from me. It feels truly wonderful to know I am getting there.

Well done Lind! That's brilliant!

I need to get my measurements done again, haven't had them done in ages!

In group this week we did this whole thing about feelings and thoughts, and how it really is hard to say how you are feeling because what normally comes out is a thought.

I have been thinking about this quite a bit over the last couple of days and I have been trying to work out how I am feeling rather than what I think. I have to say that I am finding it hard as everything I that comes to me is more of a thought than just the emotion of feeling.

I think I have bottled my feelings up and surpressed them with food for so long that I am finding it difficult to get a sense of what I am truly feeling.

Things are strange for me at the moment, whith stating my LL journey and I have decided to let my sisters and my parents back into my life. And to be perfectly honest I am not sure what I am feeling.

I cut my family out a long time ago after years of not being talked to and then being talked to and then being made to feel not good enough. They were dragging me down and making me feel so inadequate and bad that I just couldn't cope with them any more. When they "fell" out with me they would never tell me why and then when they wanted to be my friend again they would just say that it was all in the past and talking about it would make them ill.

I think they are expecting things to be lovely between us and me to just be happy that I have taken back into the fold yet again. But this time I have grown up, this time I can look at this in my Adult Ego State and view it for what it is. I hope they have chaged, they all tell me they have. I have met one of my sisters and she seems to have changed a lot. I have spoken to my mum on the phone and she seems a ok. But I think the truth will come out over the next couple of months. They did some crappy stuff to me over the years and I know they don't realise how much I have changed as a person and how my own family is now more important to me than they are.

So yes, at the moment it is difficult for me to know myself how I am feeling. I do know I am curious about things, my weight loss, my relationship with my family. But what I don't know is that is curious a feeling or a thought?

Hi Lind
I agree, it's hard to distinguish bewteen the 2 sometimes.
Certainly doing LL and engaging with the psychological side does make us re-look at our relationships with family and friends.However I have learnt that just because I have changed and become more self aware doesn't mean that they have too! Why should they? And another thing I've realised - I may have become a slim person, but I haven't become a Saint!
So yes, try again, give them another chance, but don't beat yourself up if it doesn't work. One thing they will realise is that you don't have "doormat" tatooed on your forehead and you won't put up with it if they treat youlike that again. My guess is they will treat you with more respect if you stand up for yourself.
Good luck xx

Back