Extra Easy learning to ONLY eat when hungry and until full

cat yoyo greaves

Gold Member
Ok so here I am I've been on sw since Jan and so far lost 2 st and am 9 lb off goal but the losses are really slowing. partly because I have less to loose and partly because my portions are monsterous and then there's the fact that I eat when I'm not always hungry.
I will be honest I don't always listen to my body and I eat at mealtimes regardless of hunger and snack out of boredom too it is one of my major problems also I like BIG portions ...... I'm a fast eater .....I practically inhail my food so I make big portions to feel full when really I should be patient eat less and wait for my body to realise I've just eaten .
So this next few weeks I'm going to try something different and it is going to be difficult, as I'm off to an all inclusive for 2 weeks on holiday and would ordinarily just eat and eat and eat BECAUSE I CAN (not good)

I'm going to only eat when hungry

I'm going to eat smaller portions and wait to see if I'm still hungry before eating more

I will only snack on fruits between meals

I will still have all syns and h extras

I know what hunger feels like now but I haven't always and sometimes I miskake it for thirst so will drink plenty of water too to help me further

Does anyone else struggle with overeating and eating out of boredom instead of hunger?

Completely agree with you and am also finding this last little bit to target a complete drag for the same reasons.

I eat because it's 'breakfast/lunch/dinner' time, it's rare that I develop that feeling of 'god I'm hungry'.

I think I'll join you in your challenge this week and eat only when I need to in the hope it can give me a boost. I definitely think a large part of my eating is down to boredom so I must work on finding something else to do! God damn loving food so much. Good luck!

Jenna88 said:
Completely agree with you and am also finding this last little bit to target a complete drag for the same reasons.

I eat because it's 'breakfast/lunch/dinner' time, it's rare that I develop that feeling of 'god I'm hungry'.

I think I'll join you in your challenge this week and eat only when I need to in the hope it can give me a boost. I definitely think a large part of my eating is down to boredom so I must work on finding something else to do! God damn loving food so much. Good luck!

Yep loving food is a major problem of mine I'm off on hol on Thursday so before I go I'm on a de cluttering mission through the house to beat the boredom ....so far I've been getting rid of kitchen utensils excess baking trays and random crap I don't use and trying to invent sw meals using stuff in cupboards I've had for ages that I don't use and need to use up and not buy again :/

Back