Leaving CD

blue_grapefruit

Gold Member
My relationship with CD has come to an end. Last night, after watching a repeat of a Jamie Oliver programme my OH turned around and said that he'd like a chat and that i wasnt to get upset.

His words were "I love you more than i ever imagined possible, but i can't stand by you and watch you do this to yourself. I know the benefits of CD - you've put plenty of effort into proving to me this is healthy, but i can't watch you do this. It breaks my heart to see you so cold and tired, and i feel guilty eating in front of you. Your mother and I have been talking a lot and neither of us agree with what you are doing"

My jaw hit the floor - Oli is not the type of person to just come out with something like this. He always supports me whatever i do, and so this all got me very upset.
After popping home to speak to my mother, I decided to stop SSing for the time being because i KNEW deep down that something wasnt right between Oli and I (and i had stressed to some of you that things werent going right motivational wise).

Anyway, he's asked me to do WW so that we can both learn to eat sensibly and cook together like we used to. I'll still do CD diet principles like follow a low GI plan and drink LOADS of water and GT ;)

I can't thank you miniminers enough for the invaluable support and love you've shown me over the last few months, but Oli is my life and it's his support i need more than any. I can't do this and knowingly upset him.
I'll still be around, bugging you all - especially those i've become close to - and this message is for you (you know damn well who you are) I WILL FIT INTO THAT DRESS!

Thank you again,
Love Leah xxx

You have to do what is right for you and if cd isnt it then you are doing the right thing moving to something that will be.

You have been a big character around here, hope you still pop in and keep us all updated on how you are getting on. I believe you will fit in your dress and look stunning!

xxx

Lovely lovely Leah, you are quite right and the support of the one you love is absolutely key to the success of any diet. If you do WW you can do it together and support eachother. From a personal point of view I will be sorry to see you leave CD but please please keep posting on here as you would be missed - you've made me smile so many times.

Catch you on MSN babes!

Love you
Gxx

Awww Blue_Grapefruit :wave_cry:,

I do hope you continue visiting us here. I've so enjoyed your posts and your encouragement. Hopefully we can catch up with your progress on the WW forum.

Goodluck.

Hiya BG - how wonderful that you have a man who loves you so much and wants to support you.
Of course you must do what is right for you and, often, others can see us better than we can see ourselves.
I think it's a great idea to do a diet together and I wish you all the luck in the world.
I'm a new miniminer but have always enjoyed your posts so don't disappear will ya.
Lots of love
Tansyxxx

Aw BG I will miss your support and your great positive outlook but how wonderful that Oli wants to do it with you, learning and supporting you all the way. I have NO doubt you fill fit into that dress and look amazing on your special day (pls send piccies!) and I hope you don't disappear from Mini's altogether. I'd love to know how you are doing. Best of luck Hunni and lots of hugs! Vxx

You don't have to leave Minimins Leah ... this site is for all diets. And as someone who pops in on most threads, you are always welcome to come on CD forum and comment.

I think it is great Oli has shown his love and support and is prepared to put his words into actions and do WW with you. Low Gi is definately the way forward for me when I have reached target - and so my family will be doing low Gi too!!

Good luck and don't be a stranger. xxx

Hi Leah, I moved from cd to ww a couple of weeks ago and although I "worship" cd for the fast, safe weight loss I had to reasses my decision when my 4 year old thought it was ok for him to just have "milkshake" .
Because thats all mummy had.

I lost 3.5lb the first week and must admit its lovely to not feel "left out" at meal times.
But I do find myself constantly thinking about food most of the day lol
I wish you well in whatever you decide. You have a loving supportive bloke and i`m sure you can do anything together !
XXX

Sounds like you've made the best decision for you, good luck with WW :)

Good luck Leah,

sounds like you're fiance is totally fab and I'm sure with his support you'll do it. You've got a goodun' there!

Make sure you keep popping back to make us smile.

good luck honey, am also a bit sad that ur leaving cd but ur doing it for the best reasons and i hope u dont spend all ur money on ww food cos u have to buy me some pink champagne when we're in belfast!!:D:party0036::party0016:

:sign0168: xox

Hello my little Cherub :)

Now, you listen to Auntie KD. Firstly. Keep hold of your other half, because he sounds lovely.

Secondly, don't assume WW is healthy. It's as healthy as you want to make it and it's as unhealthy as you want to make it too. Either way you can lose weight (as long as you keep to the points), but there's a right way and a ahem...not so right way. Both will help you lose weight, but not necessarily ensure future health

I think WW is a great way to go if you choose wisely, so take on board what the young Jamie said and keep well. Sure you'll be very welcome on the WW board with the lovely Sandy :)

Sad to see you go Leah, please keep on here regardless, and enjoy the journey together with ww, you'll both find the common ground it sounds like he needs, Bless, it must have took him some courage to say all that, and no questions how much he loves you. xx

Aw my gawd, am totally in tears here.

Lost for words in fact :cry:

I cant leave minis - met far too many good friends on here :D

You have no idea how much all your kind messages and thoughts mean to me, i hope one day i'll find the words to explain how i feel right now.

I love you, i mean it xxxx

Last edited:
hugs.gif

Sometimes we can't see the woods for the trees and it takes a loved one to show us the way...

Your husband sounds like that rare one in a million :cupid:

Good luck with WW.

Love Mini xxx

Back