Leaving Lipotrim...

DiscPete

Motivated by you lot!
...but not this site.

My stubborn streak has gotten the better of me. I started a thread a while ago regarding the price of Lipotrim, and the fact the the Pharmacies in Northern Ireland are all charging an extra £10 a week for no good reason, it has been playing on my mind ever since.

Now somtimes I may be called frugal, but I'm not tight and this is not about the money, it's a principal thing. Even if I only do LT for 3 months that's 'giving away' £120 for no good reason, and I really begrudge that.

If all the Pharmacies do it then they can all get away with it, as there is little to no competition. Well, I'm the paying customer and I choose where to spend my money, and for that reason I have decided to give Exante a go.

Even after postage I will only be paying just over £40 - almost £20 less than LT a WEEK!! (as a guy I pay £58)

Don't get me wrong, I love the actual diet, I found it easy to stick to and it really works, so for most people it's money well spent, especially considering it's usually only a short term thing. However, having read reviews (here and on their site) of Exante, I think their Total Solution scheme is very similar and I hope I will be just as successful. I have also heard that their bars are much more pallatable, and with their variety pack, I think there is a 'slightly' better choice.

I really hope I am not cutting my nose off to spite my face, but only time will tell and unless I try ity I'll never know. Lots of cliches I know, but they fit! lol

I will still pop in here as I like to see how everyone is doing regardless of whatever diets they are on.

I will let you know how I get on. My pack should arrive Monday. :)

Please do, and of course I completely understand where you're coming from. It is ridiculous and shouldn't be allowed. Why is our health more expensive? -it surely doesn't an extra £10 a week - per person- for the export!

That said I'm sticking cus I need to but I fuly support your decisiona nd please do let us know how you get on!

Well done for sticking by your principles!!

Hey thanks for being so understanding. If I don't get on with it, there's no reason I can't come back to LT. Just may need to swallow some pride lol.

Totally understand your reasoning - and also as you've done well on LT there's no reason why you shouldn't have similar success on a similar product :)

best of luck and I support your stubborn-ness :)

The price difference is ridiculous!:(

Did you research Cambridge Diet and the cost for you there in Belfast?

Good luck with Exante and be sure to let us know how you find it.

Love Mini xxx

Good luck - obviously if you need to return then that is life - I hope whatever you choose works out for you - shame about the price in Ireland - bizzare.

Anyway - you have the right frame of mind - and you haven't given up - you have just changed your path !

Caren. xx

Thanks again for all your support.

I did look for info on CD but the only link I could find was a broken one, lol. I did find lots of links for counsellors but I really wanted a website with info on plans and prices first. Do you know of any that I could still look at, in case Exante doesn't suit me?

Exante was recommended in another thread of mine and it stuck in my mind and it seems similar to LT and CD, at least their Total Solution does.

CD works out almost the same for men because they tend to need more shakes. It does work out a little cheaper for me tho being a short ar5ed female so I'm considering going to the dark side. Plus I love my wee CDC -she was brilliant! :D She's in Dundonald Pete if you want to think about it, Debz32 -check out on the CD fourm. :D

Ha that's funny - I very nearly called this thread "Going to the Dark Side" lol, but then thought that may not be the way to introduce myself to the Exante team, lol.

Hey and there's nothing wrong with being a shortar5e! I'm 5'5" which is fairly short for a guy, but I also have really short legs, which is not always a good thing for a biker, lol!

I've already ordered my first week's pack of Exante, but thanks for the tip on CD, I will still check their forum out. You are the second person to recommend Debz by the way - she must be doing something right. Thanks.

Hi Pete,
best of luck with the new diet. I understand the annoyance with the price difference, us lot down south pay 67 euro for the female packs per week, that is a huge jump. Just returned from holiday in the U.K. and I was crucified on euro/sterling transactions. I'll jump off my soap box now and say well done to you so far and best of luck with the coming diet.
Doirin

That's about what I'm paying for the male version, which over here is usually about £10 more than the female version. That's rediculous, I feel for you.

My theory is that the pharmacies are hiking the price because they know people won't/can't travel to the 'mainland' to buy it, and the TFR can't be bought online, whereas it *should* be priced the same all across the UK. I really hate to be taken advantage of like that, hence my change of tact.

Maybe when I return to Wales in December I will go back on LT but if I'm already settled into the Exante or CD diet, then I can see no reason to.

I am going to email LT and let them know they are losing custom because of the Pharmacies in Ireland (North and South). I doubt it will make a difference, but if enough people let them know, you never know.

Good Luck x

Thank you SacredSilence,

Good luck with your new direction too! :)

-Pete.

Ha that's funny - I very nearly called this thread "Going to the Dark Side" lol, but then thought that may not be the way to introduce myself to the Exante team, lol.

Hey and there's nothing wrong with being a shortar5e! I'm 5'5" which is fairly short for a guy, but I also have really short legs, which is not always a good thing for a biker, lol!

I've already ordered my first week's pack of Exante, but thanks for the tip on CD, I will still check their forum out. You are the second person to recommend Debz by the way - she must be doing something right. Thanks.

Well now I feel wick -I'm 5"5 too. :(

I wish you all the best whatever you decide to do, no matter the diet we chbs are all in the same boat! ;)

Good luck Pete, don't be a stranger on here.

x

Good luck Pete with whichever vlcd path you choose to take. I admire you for sticking to your beliefs in that you will not be robbed a scandalous amount of money a week - shame on them I say, its not on, it should be the same price everywhere regardless, especially with a recession too.

Let us all know how you get on x

I completly understand why you've made this decision, good luck,

Hmm... that diet looks interesting. Certainly an idea seen as though a pharmacy is too far when I move. Buy online. I like.

Thank you.

Back