Serves 2, 1 HEA per portion, 0 syns on Extra Easy / Green
- 2 medium baking potatoes (approx 320g each), diced
- 1 large leek (approx 310g), finely chopped
- 200g of baked beans
- 2 HEA of cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 medium eggs
- Cook the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 4-5 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat frylight in a large frying pan and fry the leek for 4-5 minutes, or until soft.
- Stir in the potatoes, beans and grated cheese. Season with salt and pepper and mix together. Cook over a medium heat for 10-15 minutes, only stirring every 3-4 minutes to allow the underside to brown and crisp a little each time. Continue to cook until the hash is evenly browned.
- Meanwhile, heat frylight in a separate frying pan and fry the eggs over a high heat until the white is cooked and the yolk is just set, or cooked to your liking. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the hash evenly between the plates and top each with a fried egg.