Leg Cramps & Potassium

Hi there done some internet surfing and seems that leg cramps common on vlcd's, anyone used potassium supplements to sort it out? And....did it work? Had it now for couple of weeks now non stop.
Thanks for any support!!

I had this for the first 10 days :( I had to take painkillers every day just so I could get some sleep, was awful - although I do have very restless legs anyway! I have not had any issues since then though but I found adding a bit of salt to soups or drinking bouillon really helped keep the cramps away ;)

Thanks Katt, given up the soup so maybe I try and add some in with salt in as you suggest. Dont like bouliion by maybe have to reconsider. Read that its because the water washes away the potassium, and belive me never drank so much water in my life.
Got my potassium tablets coming this week so will give that a go as well!
Ta!

Hope they help hun xx

I've checked potassium supplements on line but it looks like there's a choice ascorbate or citrate? Could anyone advise which is best? Thanks :)

Hi alpaca Ive found some boots herbal ones on line, purely potassium. Citrate maybe a derivative of citrus and that now allowed on the Exante one Im on. Will let you know when they come!

I've heard a few people say that a small pinch of salt in your shake/soup will help this until it passes

Back