Leg Cramps

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet Returners' started by maro11, 20 January 2010 Social URL.

1. maro11

maro11 Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.38%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I have suffered the last two nights with leg cramps. I drink 3ltr water steadily throughout the day so can't figure what is going on. I thought leg cramps were a sign of dehydration. Anyone know anything about them/how to avoid etc.
    I will speak to my CDC when I see her on Friday.
    Thanks
    Maro

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Enough

Enough Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(10.53%)
    Diet:
    SW
    i was getting leg cramps last time round, and was told:

1) drink more water (was drinking recommended amount, but could have sipped a little more through the day)

2) have packs in smaller doses (eg half packs) more frequently through the day, making sure the last half pack is just before bed.

3) if it's bad, see your GP.

4) You may be better on SS+ than SS...

hope that helps...

and hope it goes soon... a bath and a maasage from someone dishy might help too ;)

Vx

4. miss jelly tot

miss jelly tot CWP Consultant

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Diet:
    CWP
    I'm getting them too at the moment.

Last edited: 19 April 2010
  5. maro11

maro11 Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.38%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Thanks girls for the replies. I will up my water and take a vitamin I think.

6. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Some people get cramp on this diet because of the the movement of water between the cells which can change sodium levels.

Try crampex, or a small drink of slimline tonic water just before you go to sleep. Tonic water isn't normally allowed except in this case, but having it just before sleep wont cause a problem.

The the official recommendation BTW ;)

7. paul1978

paul1978 DO NOT QUIT !

I didnt get leg cramps first time around on CD, but didnt realise it was a side effect back then :eek::eek:. Im just about to re-start the diet. Hope I dont get the leg cramps - I hate them so much I am almost scared of getting them :cry:. [quietly thinking] Please dont get the leg cramps, please dont get the leg cramps.

8. Laila

Laila Losing is the ONLY option

Start Weight:
    16st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.26%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi had them everytime I would 'cheat' without fail the night following the cheat, would wake up with the worst cramps. Good deterrance not to cheat though :) I was ok as long as I drank loads of water to flush out whatever it was making me do that....if that makes sense.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.