Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

LEMON MERINGUE

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Donnie46, 9 July 2009 Social URL.

1. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    Ingredients

1 Lemon
    3 Eggs
    300g Quark
    4 tbspns artificial sweetener (not granulated, must be powdered)

Preparation

Preheat the oven 180 degrees C/350 degrees F/Gas mark 4.

Seperate the egg whites from the eggs, grate the lemon rind and squeeze out the juice.

In a bowl whisk the quark until it is smooth and creamy, add the lemon rind and juice, egg yolks and 2 tbspns of sweetener. Share the mixture between 4 ramekin dishes, place the dishes onto a baking sheet and put into the oven to bake for about 10 minutes.

In a seperate bowl, whisk the egg whites vigorously until the mixture forms peaks and they hold their shape, whisk in the last of the sweetener.

Remove the 4 ramekins from the oven and pour the egg white mixture equally on top of each one.

Return the ramekins to the oven and bake for 5 minutes or until the meringue's are golden brown.

Syn value per serving:

Green Day - FREE
    Red Day - FREE

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. WillowFae

WillowFae Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st2lb(35.68%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Is there any reason why you can't use granulated sweetener?

4. Iris

Iris Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    7st11lb(47.39%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting (also known as relentless self-denial)
    I love love love lemon meringue! Quite possibly my favourite ever pudding... well, favourite non-choc one. ;)

Thanks for this - I'm going to give it a try.

P.S. Why can't I add thanks? Ahh, the post's too old? Nevermind... premature senility knocking on my door.

5. WillowFae

WillowFae Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st2lb(35.68%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    You could probably turn it into chocolate meringue pie by adding an Options sachet to the quark instead of the lemon for 2 syns

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.