LEMON MERINGUE

Donnie46

Slow but sure....
Ingredients

1 Lemon
3 Eggs
300g Quark
4 tbspns artificial sweetener (not granulated, must be powdered)

Preparation

Preheat the oven 180 degrees C/350 degrees F/Gas mark 4.

Seperate the egg whites from the eggs, grate the lemon rind and squeeze out the juice.

In a bowl whisk the quark until it is smooth and creamy, add the lemon rind and juice, egg yolks and 2 tbspns of sweetener. Share the mixture between 4 ramekin dishes, place the dishes onto a baking sheet and put into the oven to bake for about 10 minutes.

In a seperate bowl, whisk the egg whites vigorously until the mixture forms peaks and they hold their shape, whisk in the last of the sweetener.

Remove the 4 ramekins from the oven and pour the egg white mixture equally on top of each one.

Return the ramekins to the oven and bake for 5 minutes or until the meringue's are golden brown.

Syn value per serving:

Green Day - FREE
Red Day - FREE

Is there any reason why you can't use granulated sweetener?

I love love love lemon meringue! Quite possibly my favourite ever pudding... well, favourite non-choc one. ;)

Thanks for this - I'm going to give it a try.

P.S. Why can't I add thanks? Ahh, the post's too old? Nevermind... premature senility knocking on my door.

You could probably turn it into chocolate meringue pie by adding an Options sachet to the quark instead of the lemon for 2 syns

Back