Lent - Who is giving something up?

Kristel

... OR maybe doing something? Have to say I'm really struggling this year. I usually quit coffee (which was very hard for me) but I stopped end last year cold turkey as I drank way too much and not enough water. I don't drink a lot alcohol (last drink was at xmas). Now that I'm on SW I don't even have choc/crisps at home. And I don't smoke. Hm, guess it'll be excercise for me this year. No, not giving it up (that would be nice though :p) - but doing more of it or up my step count per day.
Anybody else?

We all had a chat about this last year...

Some chose to 'give up' something - ie. chocolate, coffee, wine etc.

Others (like yourself) chose to 'do' something - ie. more exercise, drinking more water etc.

Some of us (who were about 6 months +) decided that doing SW, we had 'given up' enough and would struggle to 'do' any more,...So we decided on '100% for Lent' - we would weigh and measure EVERY hex (and not just say 'I KNOW that I don't go over my hexa'), stop every tweak and cheat, stick to within syns (even if it meant forgoing the odd night out) and basically be ON PLAN 100%.

Planning on being '100% for Lent' this year too!!!

I'll give up chocolate and sweets :)
Always do, it's a struggle but I'll do it. I also do it right through, I don't stop on the Sundays (which aren't included in the 40 days), as if I do then I'll fall off the Lent wagon.

I look forward to my Easter Egg!

Can i give up working??................. please????

We all had a chat about this last year...

Some chose to 'give up' something - ie. chocolate, coffee, wine etc.

Others (like yourself) chose to 'do' something - ie. more exercise, drinking more water etc.

Some of us (who were about 6 months +) decided that doing SW, we had 'given up' enough and would struggle to 'do' any more,...So we decided on '100% for Lent' - we would weigh and measure EVERY hex (and not just say 'I KNOW that I don't go over my hexa'), stop every tweak and cheat, stick to within syns (even if it meant forgoing the odd night out) and basically be ON PLAN 100%.

Planning on being '100% for Lent' this year too!!!

I think this is the one for me as I have been struggling for a couple of weeks now and this will spur me onto stay on track.

Can i give up working??................. please????

LOL !!!! Permission granted !!!

100% SW? Sounds like a great idea - but really difficult. I know I'm still new to SW and have to double-check everything anyway and it's not yet automatic. Hmm, have a few days to decide yet.

Thanks for the tips! Am glad not to be on my own :D Although I can really understand the sentiment of "already given up enough".

I cant think of anything i can give up as i dont smoke, rarely drink now cause of the diet and dont eat rubbish...suppose i could do more excersise or stop nagging my husband :p actually no i dont think i could do that!!! :D

Back