Red Day LENTIL AND SAUSAGE STEW - A Slow Cooker Recipe

Donnie46

Slow but sure....
Lentil & Sausage Stew - slow cooker recipe

Free on Extra Easy (if using low fat sausages - check syns for full fat sausages)

Ingredients

• 450g dried lentils
  • 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes, drained
  • 2 beef stock cube's - (red oxo or beef bovril)
  • 600ml water
  • 1 carrot, chopped
  • 1 kg good pork sausages, cut into 1cm pieces
  • 1 stick celery, chopped
Preparation method

Rinse lentils, but do not soak.

In a slow cooker, stir together the lentils, tomatoes, stock, water, carrot, sausage and celery.

Cover, and cook on High for 3 hours, or Low for 6 to 7 hours.

Stir well before serving.

Last edited:
My honest answer is - I don't know, you could try the recipe and just add Quorn sausages to the cassorole for the last hour, sorry I couldn't be more help to you.

What sort of lentils? Green, red, etc... My guess would be something more sturdy, like green, but would be interested to know if a certain type was specified. This sounds really nice.

I made this last night. I only did half a recipe and it made LOADS!!! Even though I only made half the recipe, I still used a whole tin of tomatoes, juice and all, as I felt it would need the extra moisture. I'm glad I did. I used Tesco low fat cumberland sausages (1 syn each) cos they're really peppery. I also added a dash of balsamic vinegar to brighten it up a bit and half a tsp smoked paprika. I must say, this is a very tasty and filling meal. I served it with lots of steamed veg, like savoy cabbage, sprouts, sweetcorn, etc. Very nice. :D

Back