Lentils!!

andilou

I've got a pack of vegetable & pasta mix (dried pearl barley, yellow split peas, dried pasta, green lentils, red split lentils, dried onion and dried carrot) and also a pack of country style mix (aduki beans, barley flakes, pearl barley, red split lwntils, green split peas, yellow split peas, marrowfat peas - all dried).
Now - I'm thinking they'll both be free on green / extra easy??? I put the nutrition info into syns calculator - and it came up as between 8.5 and 13 syns for 100g. Yet, everything mentioned is also on the free foods list on the SW website!
Would you count it as free?! No other ingredients apart from those mentioned!!

Did you remember to mention the main ingredient as a free food allowance? To be honest, I only use the calculator when I can't find someone on Syns Online, or work it out some other way, because it often gives a false reading.

Unless they have sneaked something else into the pack, like oil or sugar, then as you say all the individual ingredients are free on EE and green, so it will be free.

Yeah I included it in the free foods - that was the difference between the 8.5 and the 13 syns!!!!

I don't use syns calculator generally as I find it to be a bit odd at times with its calculations!!!!

The only ingredients are the ones I've mentioned - lentils / pulses and pasta - nothing else!!!

Back