Les Mills appreciation thread

i didt really take notice, first thing i noticed though was that my arms were getting slightly bigger around bicep and tricep and really firm- only noticed this when my shirts were getting a bit tight there! toned up my sides too, definaly reduced my hips.

ive been taking more notice in body fat than anything, and its dropped ALOT since i introduced pump in my routine

more that what i did on my first few classes, 2kg being the lightest, 5kg being the heaviest

Ooh I like the sound of that! I'm five ten and 10 stone 3, so folk tell me I'm tall and skinny, but I still have fat on my tummy I'd like to get rid of so here's hoping! The fat burn seems significantly higher doing pump than cardio though according to my HRM. Today I burned nearly 30g doing the 2 classes whereas I usually only bun around ten doing combat so that's great news! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello! I'm new to this thread. I've only been doing Body Combat for about 4 months but I love it :D I used to be an aerobics kinda girl but when I went back to aerobics last Monday I was SO bored!! I only get the chance to do body combat 2x a week but sometimes 3 depending on what day my day off falls on. I've never heard of Pump and the Attack class is always on too early for me and I can't make it - it looks good though :D What's Body Conditioning? Excuse the lack of paragraphs, my enter key has broke!

conditioning isnt anything to do with les mills, its on at the gym i go to too and i was eager to try it, its just really simple toning exercising, quite low impact wise. i didnt get much from it

upped my weights today, finally using a bar for lunges in pump, gone from no bar at all to using a 12kg. major leg burn.
made my chest track a little higher too, to 12kg. tried making my bicep weight 10kg and it was a struggle, but im sticking to it now. i dont like lowering them once i try it, ill only lower if for some reason i feel ill and weak.

6 days until unleashed! *exited squeal*

ommmmmmg, so exited.

tommorow is les mills unleashed day, ive got butterflies already ^_^

been watching videos on youtube of body step, and im clumsy enough on a regular step class, you can guarentee ill trip over it. this step looks so hard, ill definatly look like the obvious new person whose never done it before!

unleashed was amazzzzzzing!

combat 49 is a killer, intense pure hard work. LOVE IT! i got close to the stage, nearly slipped in someone elses sweat.... but i kicked my own butt! wooo!

didnt do step, i was saving all energy for combat :D

attack is super hard, some new moves in there.

pump... still just as hard. brill release, and the music is fab!

jam just confused me a little (im not a dancey person)

balance was a lovely soothing end to the day ^_^

one for the attack and combatters, combat 49 burns more cals than attack 74! for once combats burn is higher.... it is very very intense and hard though

I've been loving the new combat release. Are you talking about the one with a track where you're doing lots of knees up, and also one track with a side-kick, front/back kick combo? There is also one track where you have to lunge 3 times, then go lean over to the side twice, then lunge twice, then kick, then repeat.

I love combat now, I really wasn't so sure about it at first, but as you predicted it is addictive if you stay with it! Can't think of any of the songs, but I'll recognise it if you mention them I reckon...

drummer boy by alesha dixon, and theres a bullet for my valentine track? thats 48 :)

im on about 49 most places havent got it yet! it only came out in the uk the 3rd of september so its brand new.
its the best one yet, weve not got it yet, but we will in about 5 weeks!

its so hard, so brilliant though. i love the music in this one better than the other releases, i have even bought new venum shorts to wear just for its release.... :D
49 dosent dissapoint! theres no recovery track in this one either!
this is the palylist :)

1a. Down – Studio 88
1b. New Divide (M & Ace Remix) – Rivendell
02. Kick In The Teeth – Badlands Inc
03. Barbra Streisand – Northern Accelerators
4a. Lord Of The Rings – Nick Skitz vs Blissphoria
4b. Hava Nagila – Alex M vs Marc van Damme
05. Don’t Need – Hixxy & Technikore feat. Intraspekt

06. Unfaithful (Nivara Remix) – Comeea
07. Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na) – Swade
08. Turn To Me (Supreme & MOB 2010 Remix) – Trinity
09. Dance With Me – 3OH!3
10. Somewhere In The World – Altiyan Childs

track 3 and 7 are brilliant, you just want to sing alog, cant forget your jazz hands on track 7 :D

by track 3 i mean whats on the list as track 2....

found some pretty good youtube vids...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieV-_HZa8ak&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5Nmp8ui9kg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1CWPWASO1s&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIf-HkX9Vhw&feature=related

Last edited:
Ooh I can't wait for the new body combat. Gina B - what's the average calorie burn for body combat? I always come out of my class dripping with sweat and my heart races so hard at some points. I know I probably don't work as hard as someone fit as you but I do give it my best shot - although last week was my most effort, I'm talking 95% effort!

I've been known to burn around 900 cals for combat, if I really put my back into it I can burn more!
Thanks for the info on the new release Gina! I'm off to have a wee look at it now! :-D x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Looks like we are three weeks aways from a new Body Pump release which I always looks for ward to. I cannie wait......

OOoh thanks Gina, that's exciting to see the tracks! I LOVE that "Barbra Streisand" track, it always makes me smile. I was doing press-ups in circuits today when it came on; I'm sure it pushed me to do at least a few more. I ended up managing at least 20 proper push-ups (on my toes!) so I am very happy.

Tomorrow body combat - although I'm feeling a bit ill, so hopefully I'll be well enough :s

i wish i got them in 3 weeks, got about 4/5 weeks until it comes here :( done them all once, but i love them all so much.... been listening to the music and its getting me exited!

my faves in the combat are kick in the teeth and na na na!

Ooh I can't wait for the new body combat. Gina B - what's the average calorie burn for body combat? I always come out of my class dripping with sweat and my heart races so hard at some points. I know I probably don't work as hard as someone fit as you but I do give it my best shot - although last week was my most effort, I'm talking 95% effort!

on the poster it says around 560 or something, i dont think it is though, it feels like so much more than that! last time i used my HRM in that it showed up 1045 or something similar!

it'll be high if you put in effort :)

Back