Les Mills appreciation thread

I used to do body balance but the instructor now just isn't my cup of tea...
It's like a fusion of yoga, Pilates and tai chi.
It's nice when you have a great instructor!
Tried GRIT for first time last week.... Ouch!!!!! It's hard!

I'd imagine Body Balance wouldn't work for me, I have no balance whatsoever & I am so not stretchy lol.

Which GRIT class did you do? I did Cardio tonight & it is seriously intense. I feel like my heart is going to burst out of my chest when I'm doing it but when the class is over I feel amazing. It gives you a fantastic endorphin rush. Our GRIT coach is brilliant and that makes all the difference. Will you go back again next week?

What other classes do you do?

Grit sounds fab :( my gym dosent do it

Grit sounds fab :( my gym dosent do it

It's highly addictive Gina. My gym only started doing it about 6 weeks ago so your gym might introduce it at some point.

I have Body Combat tonight. I love that class to bits :). Ate you heading to the gym yourself tonight?

I did the grit cardio one- was so so hard! And I'm used to attack on a regular basis!
I regularly do attack, pump, combat and RPM and also add in Zumba for a bit of fun and extra calorie burn. So about 8-10 hours per week.

I did go gym tonight!
did body attack :) my knee was playing up during my run there and I could feel it going, it went about half way through but after massaging it it was ok :)

Just googled grit cardio! Goodness, I dont think that my knees could cope with that lol.

I did the grit cardio one- was so so hard! And I'm used to attack on a regular basis!
I regularly do attack, pump, combat and RPM and also add in Zumba for a bit of fun and extra calorie burn. So about 8-10 hours per week.

Wow 8-10 hours per week??? Good going. I don't even do half of those hours lol.

Attack seems really intense too. How long does the class run for? I'd imagine Grit Cardio would be similar to that. I did Zumba for a while too but I have no sense of rhythm so it was not a pretty sight lol.

I did Body Combat tonight, that Matrix track is a killer on the legs!!!

Just googled grit cardio! Goodness, I dont think that my knees could cope with that lol.

I have a dodgy knee too but funny enough the grit cardio or grit Plyo doesn't aggravate it but Body Combat can effect it (too many knee tracks). What classes do you do? Do you spin? I found it easy on the knees

I did go gym tonight!
did body attack :) my knee was playing up during my run there and I could feel it going, it went about half way through but after massaging it it was ok :)

I'm curious about this body attack now but my gym doesn't offer it :(

These classes are pretty tough on the joints aren't they? My knee was playing up big time and I started taking glucosamine twice a day. I swear by it now, it definitely helped. I also take my cod liver oil every morning. Maybe you should give it a try if you haven't already

I love attack :D
No mic again for the instructor but it was still fab

I have a dodgy knee too but funny enough the grit cardio or grit Plyo doesn't aggravate it but Body Combat can effect it (too many knee tracks). What classes do you do? Do you spin? I found it easy on the knees

I do 3 combat classes, 1 pump, 1 balance and 1 zumba :)

I have to be careful with some of the combat tracks with my knee. I'm not even sure how I injured myself. Possibly trying too hard at combat :-( Plus the extra weight I'm carrying isnt helping...There are spin classes at my gym, but I've never tried it. Always thought it'd be rather sore on the bottom!

Combat tonight. I got the usual phone call at 2.30 to say that the class is cancelled. Beyond fed up with it. So I've booked into another class. The annoying thing is, it would be so easy to go straight from work as its a 6pm class but of course I don't have my kit with me as I was expecting to go to a class at 8pm in my own town! Grrrr. Oh well, at least I'll be home in time for the football (but that might be a very bad thing lol. Especially if the u21s result is anything to go by!!)

attack and combat double, a hot one tonight!

I found only my heart rate monitor showed an accurate burn rate, I don't know if its just me burning at a high rate but I burn an average of 900 - 1200 per hour in body attack/combat. pump is a little less at 700 :S

I got mine really cheap from asda, only £19 I think!

I bought a polar HRM.

On average I tend to burn:

Pump- 400

Combat- 500-620 depending on instructor and extra tracks!!

Attack 600-620

Zumba 500 with my bestie instructor and 350 with others

Spin 350-400 for 45 mins

Gina- I'm amazed at the cals you burn!!!

I seem to burn alot fast.... Could be something to do with my body fat. Last I checked it was 13.6%

Apparently more muscle is a bigger calorie burn?

Back