Les Mills appreciation thread

I bought a polar HRM.

On average I tend to burn:

Pump- 400

Combat- 500-620 depending on instructor and extra tracks!!

Attack 600-620

Zumba 500 with my bestie instructor and 350 with others

Spin 350-400 for 45 mins

Gina- I'm amazed at the cals you burn!!!

I've got a polar too, although mine doesnt work anymore :( My averages are:

Combat 500
Zumba 500
Attack 500
Pump 380

Really miss checking my HRM. Very disappointing that I only got about a year out of it.

I seem to burn alot fast.... Could be something to do with my body fat. Last I checked it was 13.6%

Apparently more muscle is a bigger calorie burn?

Wow! Thats v impressive Gina.

I seem to burn alot fast.... Could be something to do with my body fat. Last I checked it was 13.6%

Apparently more muscle is a bigger calorie burn?

Wowzer!!!! I would love my body fat to start with a 2 let alone a 1!!!!! You are right though, high muscle mass burns more calories.

I've been at this for 3 months, working out 4-6 x per week doing 1-3 classes a time) and only lost 0.9% body fat and gained 0.6% muscle and lost 2lbs in total!!! Very fed up!

I'll look into the polar watch girls, thanks :)

I'd love one of those polar jobies too. I was pricing them on Amazon & they start at around £60. I'd love to get an accurate burn reading rather than guessing it all the time. Maybe I should put it on my Christmas wish list...... Mmmmm tempting.

Wow Gina b your body fat percentage is very impressive. That's similar to an athlete's percentage isn't it?

I'm considering starting a 30 day P90x programme with the gym next month & they'll measure your body fat at the start & the end. I'll be curious to know what my results will be. One thing is for sure, it won't be as low as 13% :)

sorry if this has been mentioned, but i checked the first few pages and the last few - not enough time in the day to read them all!

There is an at-home version of body pump - called les mills pump - bad news is it is only available in the US and canada (maybe Oz? not sure) there are about 5 or 6 dvd's in the set increasing in difficulty. but the one that pretty much matches classes is just the last one. think it all works out around $200, including barbells. its a lot of money when only the last dvd is what you really want - and you can get barbells out of argos for £30 lol. there is a killer abs dvd and a flow dvd as bonus too.

it is showing on the beachbody uk site as 'coming soon' i emailed to ask 'how soon' and the reply was 'no idea' :/

its dropped a lot since January, since I started doing metafit :)

What was your highest %age body fat Gina?

22% is the highest its been as far as I know

Wow! Impressive to start with. Wish I hadnt bothered working mine out lol.

Different Combat class tonight. Managed an earlier one. New instructor to me and I really enjoyed the class. Shoulders are starting to feel sore as I really went for it :)

I have gained weight since, have to wear jeans two sizes bigger just to fit my calves atm :(

Goodness how strange. I have huge calves so I empathise. And tiny ankles. What's that all about?? Grrr

my ankles are really weak but not tiny. its all running that's made my legs huge though

Combat has been cancelled for Saturday :( Might see if I can fit in a zumba class instead.

no idea how to get a sticky!

little bit of spinning and body pump tonight, did my half marathon this morning at training pace. very very chilled and quite slow but that was my intention :)

so its coming round to that time of year again that my local gym has their annual fitness event :D

picked body attack, body combat and a 5k run. its the launches of them too so pretty exiting!

It is fun :D
Love it, just good it's not raining during the running!

exiting news!

on the 25th of September if any combat nutters are up for it, Rachel Newsham is doing a class in Kirkham near preston, theres a combat and sh'bam class on. £10 to do it and all the money is going to charity.

gotta book on fast though. im booked on both

Back