Less sleep?

gaijingirl

has lying hips
Does anyone find they sleep less on LL? I haven't slept more than 6 hours for weeks - very often about 5 hours.

I remember it was like this before too, only then I felt quite good on it.

Right now I am going through a very stressful period so I don't know if I'm not sleeping 'cos of LL (like before), or not sleeping PLUS finding it harder to sleep because my head is swimming with stuff?

Anyone got any good tips for sleep?? I'm finding myself still awake at 1am (usually because I haven't gotten back from work till 10ish and want to relax), but then I wake up at 6am and I'm unable to get back to sleep... :mad:

Hi GG

I had the opposite problem; before LL I was a complete insomniac - went on for years (lots of unresolved anxiety I now realise). I can't tell you how many natural sleeping remedies I took. Since LL, I have been sleeping really well. But obviously that's no help to you!

My tips - have a hot bath before going to bed and NO work in bed - laptop, study books, etc. I know you are doing post-grad and have exams so it's important to have a cut-off point.

During exams, I listened to hypnotic tapes that calmed me down, sent me to sleep and told me - at a subliminal level - that I could pass my exams "with ease". ha ha

It really helped with trying to get to sleep.

If you find none of these work, when you wake up at 1am get up and do the most tedious chores you can. You will soon be sleepy enough to get back to bed.

The bath and bed routine (just like a baby's) really work for me.

At the end of the day, you are in a high-anxiety situation so just be as kind to yourself as you can be.

Good luck. Let me know how you get on. When do the exams start?

Mrs L xxxxxxxxxxx

I need a little less sleep than before (probably one rem cycle less - 1hr 30 minutes) for sure but I don't have any trouble actually dropping off unless I'm worried about something. I find that eating all of my food packs at the end of the day sends me to sleep!

Alternatively a hot bath with a Lush Waving Not Drowning bath ballistic or dreamtime bath bar (also great for moisturising crinkly skin) is a great way to send you to sleep. Lavender oil is nature's sleeping pill...so a lavender bag or a few drops on a hanky under your pillow can help, too.

Oh - and also - at exam time you need rosemary essential oil - it helps you remember things and keeps you alert! I used to take it with me into all my first year exams and I got two firsts that year!

Right thanks all - I will give the hot bath thing a go. I do always bring my laptop to bed - was on it till 1am last night - because I always think of things I have to do and end up getting embroiled. Will have to stop that!

Rosemary essential oil eh? What do I do with it - sprinkle it on my exam papers??? :D Anything's worth a try!!

Lavender I'm actually swimming in - almost literally - gaijinboy's mother comes from the largest lavender producing place in the world (or something like that), so we have lavender oil, soap, pillows and all sorts all over the shop!!

Apparantly wearing socks to bed aids restful sleep!

LOL!! That explains why I sleep so well and theres no nocturnal bouncing in our bed....hee hee!!

OH always mutters that its a race to see if I can get to sleep first!!:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Hi,

I have been having the same problem too. I think in a typical night I get around 4-5 hours sleep even though I go to the gym and work. I can't understand it, I am physically and mentally exhausted yet at the same time my mind won't rest and all I can think of is reaching my goal by the 8th June (not going to happen) I wake up and am counting pounds.

Think I may try wearing socks tonight, I will do anything to have a good nights sleep!!

xx

Back