Less thinking more doing!

zeke

Gold Member
213.4 lbs - that was the reading on the scales this morning.

2016 was the first year that I tipped over 15 st (210 lbs) and I've spent Jan-May and then Aug - now over 210 lbs, in Mar 2016 hitting my all time high of 221 lbs.

I've had many diaries on here! I was reluctant to start a new one but, on a positive note, one helped me get down to just above 160 lbs about 3.5 years ago.

I am a classic yo you dieter. Even when I was much slimmer in my twenties (I am now 43) I was yo yo ing (between 10 st and 12 st). I remember those very short-lived moments when I was just under 10 st and actually enjoyed clothes shopping, and felt good about how I looked - felt healthy.

Anyway, I've decided to start again today. To stop overcomplicating it in my head and just do it. Going to do a 'before' swimming costume photo now - and one when I have dropped each 10 lbs or so. Hopefully I will get to goal and be able to share the full horror of them in a year or so...

I've set my first goal as being sub 200 lbs (I guess the first goal really is to be sub 210 lbs but... ), and I'll take it in 10 lb chunks from there. Actually, I'll make it sub 210 lbs - so what if it is only 3.6 lbs away - it IS an achievement for me to start this and get to that point ;)

Last edited:
So happy that I actually managed a day on plan - it has taken me so long to find the motivation this time round I can't see me wanting to let this run go in quite a long time.
Nice to see a modest drop on the scales too [I daily weigh - found it is the best way for me].

Thanks Zeke - sadly I've regained a fair amount of that recently! But aiming to get back to at least a three stone loss by Christmas.

Well done with getting back on with it!

I lost 3 st for my 40th - sadly gained back 3.5 st by 43. Looking at those figure it looks insane but so easy to do (well for me anyway). I'm hoping to be back down to my 40th birthday weight by my 44th (May) but that is quite ambitious! I'll be happy with much closer to it than I am now...and then maintaining my final goal by 45.

I've had some counselling this year to try to get to the root of this yo-yo dieting once and for all. It took 16 sessions to resolve a lot of issues, and I feel much lighter for that - but the weight loss was barely touched upon in that time. I've picked it up again now as more of a life coach kind of thing with my weight (and a couple of other minor things) being the main focus. So I guess this time is different - I am full of hope that I will stay on the journey to goal this time and stay there.

Looking through some SW recipes now and writing a shopping list. One of my 'just do it!' tasks - I've never mastered the art of the weekly shop. I'm just accepting that I will go to the supermarket nearly every day for now...

We're not much good at doing a weekly shop either! Partly because we don't have a car (and I don't drive anyway). We've been a bit better recently, by doing online shops. And I tend to be pretty good at planning, even if it's just evening meals.

I think, although I'd never realised it before, that I have had a very unhealthy relationship with food for most of my life. For some reason, Slimming World just works for me. I feel much more confident in myself, and I love doing weigh at my group and getting to chat with everyone.

I've decided to scrub the idea of being weekly organised with food shopping and planning altogether - I probably won't ever get it so what's the point in beating myself up with it!

One thing I would like to do it work a day+ ahead though. That will be easier now that I have stopped drinking in the evening - so I can go shopping after I've had dinner for the next day. Small things really but for some reason it has become a massive mental block. Not helped by DH's varying working pattern, fussy eating and a fussy (but not as fussy as DH) tween to feed! I accept that for most meals we will have three different things too...

DS also insisted on making a batch of rocky road this afternoon - so there it sits now in the fridge. Thankfully I am super motivated now and not tempted!

Yes - slimming world is an excellent plan. I've clearly got an unhealthy relationship with food too, well I did...I go through times when I don't seem to, and how I am most of the time makes no sense. I guess it has been a big comfort all these years.

I went for a 1 hr walk yesterday and planned to do one again today...guess I should go now before it starts getting dark. I had plantar fasciitis for 2.5 years (only been a few months since I got rid of it) so being able to do this is rather good!

Last edited:
Had a very busy day...so barely time for eating! I did though. Easy day really diet wise.

I think I have more energy? Think that is from lack of booze, increased veg and not being constantly almost full. I like it :)

Think it is very easy to unwittingly 'cheat' on SW - not having at least 1/3rd superfree (by forgetting that snacks and breakfast are included here too), eating beyond the point of satisfaction, snacking on free/superfree when not actually hungry or even close...just reminding myself really!

Whilst I am on the subject of reminders...I am MUCH better off using my syns for healthy fats, condiments, a little bit of something chocolate rather than a packet of crisps, 'diet' snack bars, alcohol etc. Less cravings and more food enjoyment.

I've got a Riverford veg box coming on Wednesday (it's been ages since I had one) - I'm going to try and make veg my #1 go to food.

I was looking at clothes last night. Evening wedding reception to go to in a month - argh! I will still look like a barrel then but hey ho. So many lovely clothes in Hobbs, Boden, Phase 8 that I would love...yeah, I could get them in a sz 18 but...I know they won't look that good. I'll obviously get something for the wedding but beyond that...Seriously considering printing out a few things I love from websites or the Boden catalogue and sticking them to the fridge for motivation. I haven't tried that before...

I'm quite a visual person - it can be really motivating to have pics like that. I'm pushing more veg as well - I love cold roasted veg, so whenever the oven's on, I stick in some beetroot, squash etc and just snack on it cold when I want it.

I know what you mean about 'cheating' on the diet. I find it easier in summer, when there are lots of berries about. But at the same time, I love squash season!

Hey good luck. I have a photo on my fridge of a slim me its a good motivator :) xxxx

I'm quite a visual person - it can be really motivating to have pics like that. I'm pushing more veg as well - I love cold roasted veg, so whenever the oven's on, I stick in some beetroot, squash etc and just snack on it cold when I want it.

I know what you mean about 'cheating' on the diet. I find it easier in summer, when there are lots of berries about. But at the same time, I love squash season!

Roast veg - gorgeous! I like the idea of keeping it in the fridge cold to snack on.

Hey good luck. I have a photo on my fridge of a slim me its a good motivator :) xxxx

Thank you!

Today I wore a new skirt and top I bought a couple of weeks ago - haven't wore a skirt to work for ages! Funny how I am only 3 days in, and still over by previous 'heaviest ever' weight, but I want to make more of an effort already. Everyone thought it was a dress though as both navy - ha! Teamed it with a bright cardigan so think it looked reasonably ok.

My son made orange and blueberry cupcakes with orange buttercream icing at school today, and we already have a contained or rocky road he made at the weekend in the fridge. Good job motivation is high! Think we may have to offload some on friends and family as his dad isn't that keen on these kind of things and I don't want him eating them all!

I'm on holiday starting tomorrow lunchtime for a week and a half...YAY!

Yay for time off :)

Well done for staying on track dispite the temptation of your sons cooking :) xxxx

Hope you get to enjoy your time off! The motivated feeling is a good one. I always feel better when I'm in control. If only we could bottle it!

Yay for time off :)

Well done for staying on track dispite the temptation of your sons cooking :) xxxx

Thank you both!

I am no officially on holiday :) I have a long 'to do' list for work during this time (teacher!) but I will enjoy slowly chipping away at that and getting on top of some stuff at home too. Time for some fun too, I hope!

I've just ordered myself some more new clothes - I've decided to set myself a clothing budget - not to curb my spending but actually get me buying stuff! I am going to be a sz 18 for quite a few months longer and clothes don't last forever! Just ordered these from Boden:

Umm...I got the jacket to go with the dress but think the two different Navy colours will clash. I can't remember the last time I worse a dress...not sure how this will go!

Suppose I had better decide what I'm having for dinner and get shopping etc.

Thank you - if they don't look great then I will probably go with a red cardi with the dress (assuming it looks vaguely ok on me) and team the jacket with something else. I've got the jacket in black and it is really good - doesn't crease at all, slightly stretchy and can go in the washing machine - a real work wardrobe staple.

Having roasted veg and breaded chicken for dinner tonight - thought of you when I as prepping the veg!

Back