Lesson Learnt - Junk and cravings

Principessa N

Minimins Addict
I've only been on plan for a few days and I've been doing well, I've not really have more than 5 syns a day, not been craving any crap really and generally feeling positive. Well hubbs is out tonight so I thought I'd treat myself to a bag of wotsits and a freddo which I bought earlier today. Well I ate them because they were there more than because I wanted them but now I've eaten them my binge brain has kicked in and I want more, thankfully I haven't bought any multipacks I bought individuals because I no if i have it in the house I'll eat it all, without much thought.

So I think I have to avoid junk as much as possible if it makes me feel like this. Does anyone else have to avoid things to avoid starting cravings?

when I go in binge mode I go to bed lol! I take my kindle and read a good book and that soon takes my mind off food

You are allowed 15 syns a day hun and I would use more than 5 if I were you! (Some people find that if they use a low amount then it negatively affects their losses! Just a thought but its up to you how many you want to use)

I have a major binge reflex and its so hard to ignore. My tactics are a cuppa or a big glass of no added sugar squash. Or you could try to distract yourself with running a bath, reading orange painting your nails?!

I don't really avoid anything in particular (although I do always want more chocolate after I have some, I just have to stop myself) - it's more that if I'm in that type of mood I just need to eat nothing bad at all in the first place, otherwise the "oh sod it" attitude kicks in and I go for it!!

Im a massive binger. I wish I could just not have it in the house but I have a little girl so would be un fair to deprive her. I tend to have a little treat and eat it really slowly or chew gum that helps a lot. Your self control will get better with time xxx

I'm a no biscuit or a full packet type of girl so tend to use my syns on cooking ingredients or wine. Sugar is a hugely addictive product but if you can manage the first few days without it it will get easier

Chocolate is definitely my weakness. If I have a little then its all gone in seconds. It got to the point that bf was nipping down the shops most evenings for snacks and would never come back with less that a bar-and-a-half of diary milk but more often a sharing bar for me!!

Now I get my fix from choc and fudge Alpen light, choc weetabix oaty bars or Special K chocolate biscuit moments for (2 'biscuits' for 5 syns).

I even true buying a box of the mini flakes from Iceland but they were all gone within two days!!

I'm the same if I start I won't stop! That's y I use my syns in my meals or if im out and about so when its gone its gone!

Cake for me! So I never buy it, or any chocolate, biscuits etc. Got a very sweet tooth. The cravings do ease as you get into it more. Well they have for me, I have different cravings now ie melon, pineapple,strawberries, and dont get me started on syn free lemon curd type pud thing. :)

Last night was a prime example for me and I'm horrified! I had a curly wurly straight after my tea - didn't even wait for the kettle to boil to make a cuppa to go with it as was my plan. Then it turned into a free for all - had an 8 syn mars bar, then another curly wurly, then handfuls of hubbys popcorn and then in bed(!!!!) another curly wurly! And today I feel like a complete failure because I was having such a good focused week and I don't even know what made me do it.

Chocolate for me, I always fancy something sweet after a meal but if I have a hifi light or some pepsi max that takes it off. If I have some choclate then I can't stop. I ry to avoid it now!!

I agree with Sparty, you need to eat the syns! Looking at your stats and at 24st, I would be eating more than 5. You don't have to use them on junk food though, you could use them on healthy things such as extra cheese or bread, another hifi bar, olive oil instead of fry light, nuts, anything! Xx

I love cakey things such as brownies, cupcakes, cake! So i stay away from these things. In the 5 months I've been following the plan I've been on it 100% every day, and I use almost all my 15 syns a day.

In this time I've had one binge (and this binge lasted 2 chocolate bars and 2 teaspoons of dark chocolate spread) as obviously my body was really wanting something in the chocolate that I wasn't getting. Now I'll more than likely be fine for another x amount of months. I'm also blaming the week before* week on that one as I couldn't resist. This is someone that has a whole cupboard full of junk for baking etc which I don't touch every day so gave myself permission to be crazy!

Use your syns, if your weight starts slowing down you don't have any syns to cut back on to increase your weight loss again. I have almost all my syns every day, and I find I'm really good during the day not to want something and I allow myself a mini binge in the evening (more now habit than anything else). So I'll have a meringue with yoghurt, packet of crisps, and a mini chocolate and that usually tallies with my other syns to about 15. I never feel deprived and I have eaten everything I've wanted and I lose weight so all good.

Once i start i don't stop until i feel sick, the greedy girl is always in me, like last night stuffing birthday cake in my face like it was the last food ever lol! I dont keep any trigger foods at home my bloody bf brings a few bits back like sweets and its all his fault! Ha, but no my urges are really bad sometimes i just have to do it :/ so i dont buy anything unhealthy even for syns i just dont trust myself, its bad to say but ita just what im like and have always been like :( when my sweet tooth comes out i like to drink tea with sweetner or some fruit or a sugar free energy drink that usually works

I had a bad week with chocolate etc last week, and I feel like I am going cold turkey this week. Never been like this before so definately learnt my lesson!

In the past if I fancied chocolate I used to have a glass of milk (whatever is left from my HexA), always seems to help!

Och I had a rubbish day on Monday and ended up on a bit of a mini binge. The problem was having things in the house that I shouldn't have had and I knew fine well that they would be triggers. I'd convinced myself that I could take them into work on Wednesday to give to my colleagues but no, I ate the lot. I've decided that if I want any chocolate or sweets then I can buy one thing to bring home and that works for me - I can either snaffle it down as soon as I'm in the door or hang onto it until a time when I feel like I want it most. I can also plan for sweet treats when I'm going out - e.g. a cake with coffee in a cafe with a frien instead of taking cake home and eating the lot. The only time I plan to have things like a pack of biscuits in the house is when guests are coming over and will be eating all of them. The thing is, on the diet I'm not craving anything at all - I really look forward to my fruit and enjoy it and I haven't had cravings at all. It's when it's in I just can't resist it - me having a lot of chocolate in the house is like putting a bottle of vodka in an alcoholics cupboard and telling them they need to hang on until the weekend before they can have any - it's not gonna happen. So if I can stick with the only buying 1 concept, I'll keep doing that and once I've lost all the weight I could maybe experiment with having packets of things like chocolate in the house and exercising willpower but not until I've shifted the majority of the weight.

I had a binge urge last night since I worked an 11 hour day and was so tired when I got home. I managed to resist though thankfully and just made up some SW chips for a naughty feeling snack after my boring egg on toast dinner! I also had an Alpen light for 3 syns bringing my total to 9.5 for the day and keeping my no binge record intact!

I had a binge urge last night since I worked an 11 hour day and was so tired when I got home. I managed to resist though thankfully and just made up some SW chips for a naughty feeling snack after my boring egg on toast dinner! I also had an Alpen light for 3 syns bringing my total to 9.5 for the day and keeping my no binge record intact!

Well Done!! x:clap:

Back