Lesson Learnt - Junk and cravings

i think the problems lies within the urge.

if you take drug addicts and alcoholics as an example, you can completely remove drugs and drink from their lives and help them to recover, but as over eaters (lets face it, we arent over weight through moderation) it is extremely difficult to treat a food addiction.

we need food to live, and so we need our addiction everyday. you couldnt just give an alcoholic a shot everyday to keep them going, it would be unheard of.

battling over eating is serious stuff, binging is a real problem that needs help and support.

I've only been on plan for a few days and I've been doing well, I've not really have more than 5 syns a day, not been craving any crap really and generally feeling positive. Well hubbs is out tonight so I thought I'd treat myself to a bag of wotsits and a freddo which I bought earlier today. Well I ate them because they were there more than because I wanted them but now I've eaten them my binge brain has kicked in and I want more, thankfully I haven't bought any multipacks I bought individuals because I no if i have it in the house I'll eat it all, without much thought.

So I think I have to avoid junk as much as possible if it makes me feel like this. Does anyone else have to avoid things to avoid starting cravings?

Hey hun
First of all you can have anything from 5-15 syns a day so don't feel like you have to deprive yourself from having an extra treat.
Personally I don't have to avoid anything when I'm at home, I can happily keep in crisps, chocolate and biscuits but to help me stick to plan I buy myself treat size bars/packets.
The only time I struggle is when I'm eating out or going for drinks. I always go out with great intentions of being good and often can't resist lol!
I find it harder when I'm out with friends than being at home.

A lady at class said she struggles to resist treats in the house so she's kept a tin with a lock on abd her hubby keeps the key and when she asks for something he will take one or two things out for her then lock it away.
This might be a good idea for you. xxxx

Back