Lessons from weekend

RaeB

I had a planned weekend off, so no guilt because I was in control (back on the wagon today).

Contrary to my obviously low expectations of myself, I didn't pig out. I had carbs with lunch on Saturday because I knew I'd be drinking, but I only managed to eat a third of the amount I'd normally eat (and I was uncomfortable with that amount).

Black tie do on Saturday evening, I left the carbs and couldn't finish any of the courses, in fact probably ate a third again of each one. In fact that repeated for brekkie and for lunch I had a light bite salad (that's a first for me!).

Pleased to be back on plan, but learnt a lot about listening to my body and not letting my eyes decide how much I need to eat. It does give me more confidence to move onto the maintenance step in a few weeks time.

So I'm relieved to be honest, I feel much more in control and I do believe that I can cope in the future.

Well done for having a break, getting straight back on track with a super positive attitude!! If i ever take a break i would love the same to happen for me! :) xxx

Thanks ladies, the sooner I get back into ketosis the better. Luckily I'm doing something food free and distracting for the next couple of days, so the positive mental attitude will continue. Expect to see me on cupcake's emergency help thread when I hit the tough spot getting back into it!

well done for learning to listen to your body not your eyes, super wilpower and determination

Well done Rae, i had saturday night off plan and have just got back into ketosis today! I feel energized and very positive. A lot of this is your mind set isnt it! I was in control of my food and drink intake on saturday and i too was suprisingly satisfied off less food.

Back