Let's get trim! (Starting 2 January)

Hello,

I thought I would get ahead of the game by starting a thread for my weight loss. As the title suggests, this will start on 2 January because I am away for the weekend for my 30th birthday/NYE party until then so I don't know exactly what weight I will be starting out. I weighed 10 stone 5 lbs this morning (making me 1 pound overweight! :confused:). I am going to give myself an ambitious target of 8.5 stone but I would be happy with 9 stone.

I plan to achieve this goal by:
1. Not drinking any alcohol in January from 2 January
2. Eating at least 100g protein a day so I can lose fat over muscle
3. Walking the dog at least 30 mins a day
4. Doing 1hr Les Mills classes 4-5 times a week
5. Making sure that I don't go over 14 units of alcohol a week from February

I've done this before so I know I can do it again. I'm the fattest I've been in about 5 years which is a real shame as I don't like how any of my clothes look on me but I have the tools and knowhow to make it work. The most important one being (hence the username) accountability!

Thanks AliGal!

Well day one ended up starting today. I forgot about the fact that I woke up in a hotel yesterday so I didn't get on the scales until today. My weight was 10 stone 8lbs. I'm not sure if I'm retaining water from drinking a lot of alcohol over the last few days or I was just particularly light last Thursday. I suppose I will find out soon.

In terms of my plan:
1. Not drinking alcohol √
2. Protein - not quite (I got to 90g)
3. Walking the dog ❌(I still was far too tired from yesterday's hangover - he just went out with my boyfriend)
4. Les Mills Class √ Body Combat was a lot of fun!

I forgot to to add that I'm also going to add calories to my list of goals, which will be around 1,400 a day. I had 1,386 today.

So overall not a bad day. Hopefully I will less tired tomorrow!

I weighed 10 stone 7.5lbs this morning and my breakfast had over 40g of protein 🥳 just sat down at my desk and have realised just how much work I have to do but I won't let that put me off my exercise goals!

Today's goals:

2. Protein - 123g √
3. Walking the dog √
4. Les Mills Class √ Today it was Body Pump.
4. Calories - not far off, I had approx 1,500.

All in all a good day :) I suspect I might be too sore to exercise tomorrow but I might surprise myself!

Good start! Join us on the Easter Challenge set up by @boofle to share your progress weekly. https://www.minimins.com/threads/easter-challenge-2022.370509/
I've joined :) thanks for the invite!

Day 3 went well. I felt my first craving for an alcoholic drink - it occurred when my line manager landed some urgent work on me at 5pm! Normally I would power through, do everything that I was asked of me (plus some), and then feel fried by 8pm so I'd be too tired to do anything other than have a glass of wine with my dinner. I know that's not good for me, so I forced myself to leave my desk at 7pm and I did a Sh'Bam class. Hooray!

Today's goals:

2. Protein - 123g √ (weirdly the same amount as yesterday)
3. Walking the dog √
4. Les Mills Class √
4. Calories - not far off, I had approx 1,500.

Good decision - impressed!

Today went okay. I was quite stressed at work again, but I really could do with starting a bit earlier. I've been going to bed at around 10.30 but I've not been falling asleep until 1 or 2am. I'm not sure why.

2. Protein - 114g √
3. Walking the dog √
4. Les Mills Class ❌ I wanted to walk the dog again to up my exercise but my boyfriend took him out just while I was on the phone still working.
4. Calories - not great but not terrible❌ I reckon about 1,800.

Not sure it's necessarily the absence of exercise. Hormones and just our guts can make several pounds up overnight. I daily weigh and can go up overnight. In my case, I'm post menopausal and think it's unpredictable inflammation and oedema.

Not sure it's necessarily the absence of exercise. Hormones and just our guts can make several pounds up overnight. I daily weigh and can go up overnight. In my case, I'm post menopausal and think it's unpredictable inflammation and oedema.

That's very true. I have recently found out that I have PCOS (awaiting recommendations on medication) so God knows what's going on there! I suppose that's why the general advice is to take an average over 7 days to see if you've actually lost weight.

Another stressful day at work, but I did not falter (for the most part). I finished at 7.20pm and had to fight myself to get changed into my gym kit, but I managed it! We also have far too much chocolate in the house but luckily my boyfriend is making it his mission to have all Christmas food disappear from the kitchen before February.

Today's goals:

2. Protein - 110g √
3. Walking the dog √
4. Les Mills Class √ Body Combat today. I have already set up my weights to do Body Pump tomorrow 💪
4. Calories - not far off, I had approx 1,600.

Today's goals:

2. Protein - 142g √
3. Walk √ (without the dog - he couldn't come to the shops sadly!)
4. Les Mills Class √ Body Pump 💪
4. Calories - 1,412 √

Good day :)

Today went well, but I am absolutely shattered now because we decided to do a 4-hour walk with the dog. I could tell I had done Body Pump yesterday before I had even started walking so I found the last hour really difficult. Hopefully that will mean that I fall asleep early tonight and I think tomorrow will definitely be a rest day. I also had my first period in 7 months so quite happy about that too!

Goals:

2. Protein - 120g √
3. Walk √ √ √
4. Les Mills Class ❌ - no need because of the walk!
4. Calories - 1,490 √

Now that I've had a chance to think about my exercise properly, I think I would like to aim for:

Walking - daily
Les Mills cardio (such as Body Combat) - 3 days a week
Les Mills Body Pump - 2 days a week
Les Mills stretch - 1 day a week
Les Mills core - 1 day a week

Let's see how that goes!

Well done! Great start.

Back