Let's give this a try...

Cuqsuita

Day 0: Had consultation in the afternoon, agreed to go on Lipotrim TFR programme. Bought products (8 vanilla, 8 strawberry, 5 chicken - advised by friend that chicken doesn't taste that great compared to the others, and am allergic to chocolate). Walked out of shop wondering what on Earth I'd gotten myself into.

Dinner: Chicken sachet. It doesn't taste as bad as I'd anticipated, but still took me a few goes to finish it.

Awkward moment texting my cousin about this weekend - I'm staying at hers on Saturday night and going for lunch with her and friends on Sunday afternoon. Explained that am on diet programme so won't be eating other than the diet shakes. She said that was okay, not sure what my aunt and uncle will think though.

Told best friend from home - she's tried to talk me out of it, I really appreciate her concern but I'll go through with this anyway. In the end she said she hoped I knew what I was doing...

Housemate 1 of 3 is home now: not sure how to bring up that I'll be on TFR for a while. Not sure how to bring up to anyone else that I'll be on TFR!

Good luck :)

Day 1
Breakfast: Vanilla mousse. Tasted not-too-bad, but again took me a few goes to get through it.

Told my best friend at uni (housemate 2): she withdrew her support as soon as she knew what kind of diet it was. I think she's lost some respect for me for taking such a drastic weight-loss thing rather than just healthy eating and exercise: I've tried those in the past, and haven't stuck with them. So her lack of support does hurt. Do I want to keep going with Lipotrim if at such an early stage I'm going to lose respect from those I care most about?

Awww hi, i feel bad for you that you don't feel you have the support of your friends but stick it out - you have thus forum and eventually when they see you are determined and the weight drops off they will realise it is doing you good!!!
I think unless you are on the program it's hard to understand what it entails and how it works and that it's safe!! maybe you should feel flattered that people care for you so much!! But also there is something about humans sometimes that makes them not want to see others succeed! One of my best friends told me 'you don't need to lose weight' when I told her about lipotrim - I'm seventeen stones nearly so I wonder who she was trying to kid and why!!!
It's nobody's business but yours what you do either - your friends don't tell you what they eat? I'd just make casual conversation of it if asked but you will need one person who understands for wobbly days because to cry or get upset in front of someone not supportive I could imagine they would try talk you out of continuing!!
Don't forget you always have us - starting was a massive step so be proud of yourself!!!

Day 1 (again)
Lunch: Strawberry shake-mousse. Haven't quite got the hang of the shaker yet.
Dinner: Vanilla shake. Tasted alright-ish.

Housemate 3 said I was mad when I told her I'm on TFR, and said that not eating is not the way to go. Difficult to explain to her. Best friend and I have somewhat reached a truce re. TFR, but she still didn't look me in the eye when I had my shake. I hope it'll get better with time.

Day 2
Breakfast: Strawberry shake. 'twas okay.
Lunch: Strawberry shake - it was the first one that came out of my bag. Felt a bit lightheaded, water is helping.
Told that tomorrow I won't feel great... thankfully I don't have too much on except in the evening. Tonight will be interesting, cake and dinner with Church group. Wish me luck...?

Stick to it Hun, many don't make it past the first week but if you do you will then find it so much easier and each week the weightless will keep you going.

You are doing really well just try really hard to keep your goals in mind as you will find it hard over the next few days, nut you will forget that as soon as ketosis kicks in. I almost gave in, and now I'm on day 16 and seeing the benefits!

Also hope you sort things with your housemates, people can be judgemental but will soon see things differently when you are slim and healthy xx

Well done on getting started. Its really hard in the face of such opposition, but even more reason for achieving success as you don't want to here "I knew you wouldn't do it"

I've told very few people that I'm on this because of the usual negativity you get. I know it would be better if I could eat healthily and exercise more, but I've been trying to do that for 13 years, and in the process I've gained 10 stone! If it was as easy as eat less, move more then there would be no fat people around!!

So, if you think this is the thing you need to take back control, you stick to it girly!!

Thanks everyone for the support :) it really does mean a lot to me to know that I'm not alone in this, and hopefully I can achieve as much as you all have.

Dinner: Vanilla shake. I prefer the strawberry ones.

The social this evening was difficult... I told them that I was on a diet when homemade cakes were passed round. Darnit. Furthermore, I get home and my housemates talk about pancake day and making it a meal+dessert night. That sounds epic... ack! On the plus side, Housemate/Best friend came round to the idea when I told her my weight and why I was worried about it - she says she'd thought I was just 'a little overweight', how wrong she is - and promised to help me if I started looking unhealthy. So that's reassuring.

Not sure I'm looking forward to tomorrow. On the plus side I have a theatre trip in the evening with friends that I've been looking forward to, so that might cheer me up if I'm not feeling great.

Well done you are doing brilliantly so far your nearly in ketosis then it gets much easier you will do great on WI day best of luck !

Day 3
Breakfast: Strawberry shake. Tastes quite nice today.
Lunch: Chicken sachet. I retract my statement about it being not-too-bad: I can't stand the taste of it.

The pee-stick that the pharmacy gave me is red which apparently shows that I'm producing ketones. That's a good thing. I'm feeling absolutely fine, no headaches or anything yet - still, I shouldn't tempt fate. Am going out in a bit to do some shopping in town (cousin's Baptism on Sunday) then going to the theatre with friends. So that should be good.

Last edited:
To add insult to injury, while clearing out my bag I found a single gummy bear. I felt a bit bad throwing it away - I hate wasting food.

cuqsuita, just read through your blogs!, still to it im only on day 2 today and actually feeling better then yesterday! im hoping tomorrow will be ok, totally agree about the chicken - its horrible REALLY horrible! and can someone tell me what producing ketones means please as my nurse didnt really explain it very well - good luck everyone keep going!!!

Dinner: Vanilla shake. Had a bit of an issue with that since I was out - I considered mixing up the shake in the shopping centre, but given that I live in an area where drug use is not too rare, I didn't want to bring attention to myself! Ended up mixing it up in the library toilets (that was weird) and drinking it while walking through the shopping arcade toward where I'd be meeting my friends. When I shake the vanilla drinks, I get such deja vu of shaking my brother's powdered milk when he was little! I think it's basically the same - he had just powdered milk and grew healthily, am I regressing now that I have just powdered drinks??? :)

Day 4
Breakfast: Strawberry shake. Not feeling at all headachey, and felt fine yesterday - is it too early to tempt fate and say maybe I've escaped that part of ketosis transition?
Now I've been invited to two pancake day celebrations... ahhh! Has anyone seen the episode of Sabrina the Teenage Witch where she gets addicted to pancakes? I'm now craving pancakes.

Day 5
Breakfast: Vanilla shake. My cousin and uncle weren't very concerned, my aunt mentioned that a friend of hers had done this but had gained the weight back afterwards. Still, she didn't try to stop me from having the shake, which is all I could really ask for.
Lunch: Strawberry shake. Having this in the Toby Carvery with my cousin and her friends was a bit strange. I did feel a bit hungry and wistful seeing the others eat their pub roasts - I left relatively early saying that I needed to get back (half-truth).
Dinner: Chicken shake. Thankfully that's the last of the chicken sachets so I never have to have it again! Unfortunately, I'd spent half the afternoon and evening cooking for my Church group (usually I just help out, but this time the person we'd hoped would cook had fallen ill), I was so so tempted by the food and knowing that all I had was the dreaded chicken shake made me want to give in. I went to the toilets, pulled out my phone, and came onto my Minimins blog: re-reading the support messages that you girls have given me really helped me through that tough moment. Once I'd finished the chicken shake (I was hungry, but waited until we'd finished serving food to everyone else) I didn't feel that hungry, so the rest of the evening was manageable.

So... a tough day, being surrounded by eaters. But glad that I got through it. Thanks so much for the support, everyone!

Day 7
Pancake day! Quite hard to resist the pancakes. Making and flipping them for my housemate and her boyfriend was good fun, though.

Breakfast: Strawberry shake
Lunch: Peanut flapjack. Tasted okay, much more convenient to eat in public!
Dinner: Strawberry shake again.

Weighed-in today: have lost 7.5lb, which is good. I don't think I look any different, but the slight pain in my knee has gone and I didn't get tired walking the 2 miles back from the pharmacy to my house. So that's a plus, certainly!

Hey, we're on the same days, WI tomorrow eeekk lol... Good luck!!!!
How much do you have till you get to goal x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Another 37.6lb-ish, I reckon that's about 3 months? Best of luck to you Sammie1984, hope weigh-in goes well!

Day 8
Breakfast: Strawberry shake.
Lunch: Strawberry shake.
Dinner: Coconut flapjack. It tastes exactly like the peanut one to me... I found it more filling than the shakes though, I wish I'd bought more.

Back