Let's hope it helps

Right, so yesterday evening didn't go exactly to plan. My husband came back from 5 days away with work and wanted to treat me to a Toby Carvery (such a generous man :rolleyes:).
I had:
Gammon
Turkey
1 yorkshire pudding (a small one is 3.5 I think so at least 7 syns I would say)
2 roast potatoes (3 syns???)
brocoli, carrots, peas
1 tbsp mustard (1 syn)

After that we came home and had some champagne: 3 glasses so 16.5 syns :eek:

Starting afresh today (get the impression I say that a little too often!)

Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
2 slice wholemeal bread

Lunch will be:
Sushi (3.5 syns)
mango
melon

Don't know about dinner yet.

Menu's look good Kibou, count the champagne from your weekly allowance and just have a few less syns each day :). I couldn't have resisted either :) x

Thanks Eternalflame. Will do that although with going on holiday on Thursday I'm going to struggle to cut down syns. We'll be self-catering as I have a small baby and I don't want to give her jars all the time...So really if I buy fruit and veg for her I can eat some too.

Here's the rest of my food diary for today:
Lunch:
I did have what I said I would (sushi, melon and mango)

Afternoon snack:
A 30g pack of snack-a-Jack caramel (7 syns)
some more Melon and some slices of ham (not together!)

Evening:
Chicken
SW potato wedges (with chili powder and paprika)
Salad (lettuce, beetroot, tomatoes and cucumber)
1 tbsp extra light mayonaise (1 syn)

TOTAL SYNS: 11.5

Hello everyone!
Just to let you know I'm off on holiday so I won't be able to go on here. I hope I'll be able not to go too crazy. Thinking I'll try to limit myself to one big treat a day (ice cream one day, wine the other)...We'll see how I'll manage!

Hi All,
Back from holiday and got weighed: put on 7 pounds :eek:...Not really surprising given what I ate and drank for a week but still, didn't think it would be so bad. I counted that I was having about 50 syns a day between meals, baguette for breakfast (when it wasn't croissant), an ice cream or dessert a day (and I thought I had control since I was sticking to one a day :8855:) and the alcohol (normally not bothered about drinking but this week I had at least half a bottle of wine a day, just as well it was only one week otherwise I would have come back alcoholic!!!)
Anyway, I'm back on the plan since yesterday. Unfortunately we had a family get together with a barbecue but I have been very good I think:a piece of chicken (that had a marinade on so probably a few syns) and my homemade burgers, one wholemeal roll and some vegetable kebabs and salad.
Anyway, I'll start the menus from today:

Breakfast:
2 WW sausages (1 syn), 1 tbsp ketchup (1syn), 1 slice wholemeal bread (HEB), mushrooms, tomatoes, egg fried in frylight.

Lunch:
Green beans, mushrooms, potatoes
1 tbsp extra light mayo (1 syn)
one banana, one vanilla yogurt

Snack:
one solero (5syns)

Tonight is going to be a chicken curry with rice (free on EE)

Change of plan, chicken wasn't defrosted so instead had spaghetti bolognese (mince, tomatoes, mushrooms, carrots, celery, herbs) + 14g parmesan (1/2 HEA).

Before that I had a snack of 1 scan bran (1/2 syn) with lots of ham, laughing cows (3 extra light, 1/2 HEA) and gherkins.
Also had a pear and an apple in the afternoon.
Going to have a mullerlight now :)

TOTAL SYNS: 8.5

Have also walked round the park all morning and have arranged to go for a long walk with a friend tomorrow too. Body Magic should help.

Monday 24/05/10:

Breakfast:
2 slices WW brown (2/3 HEB)
ham
1 tiny bit of low fat margarine (1 syn?)
banana

Lunch:
Chicken salad (chicken, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, radishes)
1tbsp extra light mayo (1)
cheese on toast (remaining WW slice 1/3 HEB + HEA)
pear
banana
low sugar raspberry jelly (1.5 syns?)
alpen bar light (3 syns)

Snack:
Slice of ham
alpen bar (3 syns)
bluberries

Dinner:
Chicken curry (chicken, yellow pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, garlic, 1 tbsp olive oil for the whole thing) (3 syns)
rice
1 tsp of total yogurt as the curry was so spicy, unfortunately it was my baby daughter's full fat yogurt (1 syn?)
mullerlight

TOTAL: 13.5 syns

back on plan, excellent - everyone is allowed to blow out on holiday!

blueberries, yum! I add mine into Vanilla mullerlight, very tasty!

Blueberries and vanilla mullerlight: it was my plan too but I ate all of them just by popping a handful in my mouth everytime I was going to the kitchen!

Breakfast:
1 alpen bar light
mullerlight
banana

lunch:
sushi (4 syns)
chicken pieces
lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber
extra light mayo (0.5 syn)
mikado (9 syns, was supposed to control myself and have only half a packet but I have obviously got no willpower)

Snack:
alpen bar light
mullerlight
pear

dinner:
rice, chorizo (4 syns), courgettes, mushrooms
198g of rhubarb, stewed with 2 tbsp of splenda brown blend (2 syns) and total 0% (once again was supposed to be two portions but it was so gorgeous I couldn't resist!)

TOTAL:19.5
Will aim for less than 10 tomorrow to compensate

Breakfast:
raspberries + total 0%
banana

Lunch:
rice salad (rice, tomatoes, cucumber, tuna, egg, gherkins+ extra light mayo - 1 syn)
2 slices WW bread (2/3 HEB) + ham slices
Pear

Snack:
alpen bar light (3)
banana
1 slice WW bread + 42g reduced fat cheddar (1/3 HEB + HEA)

Dinner:
cajun chicken kebabs + peppers + cherry tomatoes + courgettes (was gorgeous)
potato wedges
2 tbsp extra light mayo (2)
vanilla mullerlight + raspberries

TOTAL: 6 syns

Thursday 27/05/10

Breakfast:
Cheese on toast 3 slices WW bread + 42g reduced fat cheddar (HEA + HEB)
mullerlight

Lunch:
Batchelors' chicken and herbs noodles (the low fat variety-free)
banana

Snack:
Cheese scone (12 syns)
pear

Dinner:
Pasta + Sacla olive and tomato sauce (8.5 syns) actually I have realised there's still a portion of pasta left so the 17 syns of the jar of sauce should be divided by three instead = 5.5 syns
apple
going to have a mullerlight

TOTAL: 20.5 syns / 17.5

Not very good today, no veg left in the house plus I've been out and about all day (meeting at work to discuss my return from maternity leave :sigh:)
Tonight, I'm craving a chocolate cake, would settle for a scan bran one but I've already had so many syns that I'm trying to resist...
Weigh in tomorrow as well so don't want to make it any worse than it is :(

Last edited:
Can anybody tell me what "rep power 1" mean?
Also I can see I have been "thanked" and would like to do the same on some posts but can't figure out how.

Well, I'm proud of myself, I didn't have anything naughty last night...just an activia fat free yogurt.
Weigh in in a few hours, hoping for a good loss to get rid of holiday excess quickly.

I'm over the moon: I have lost 4.5 pounds this week. Only 3 to go to get rid of holiday excess. Really pleased. Hope I can keep it going. I've bought the new magazine and I'm going to spend some time this afternoon looking at all the recipe and planning my meals for next week. :)

Hi everybody (if there is anybody ;-))

Breakfast:
activia fat free peach yogurt
banana

Lunch:
pasta + sacla olive and tomato sauce (5.5 syns)
1 hifi (actually before lunch, during class, was too hungry!)

snack:
1 hifi (6 syns) I usually don't buy them because they're too nice and I can't help stuffing my face with them. I gave one for the fruit basket for slimmer of the week so at least none left now.
pear
28g chunk of parmesan

dinner:
cajun chicken kebab + courgette + cherry tomatoes
potato wedges
extra light mayo (1 syn)
3 glasses of champagne (16.5)

TOTAL: 29 syns

I know I shouldn't but I always have a night off after weigh in.
I got the new magazine today and have planned loads of tasty meals for this week. Now I just need to go shopping and cook them!

Saturday 29/05/2010:

Breakfast:
2 slices toast with ham slices (HEB)

Lunch:
Jacket potato with tuna and cheese (5 syns for the mayonnaise, wasn't at home, HEA)
One piece of vanilla fudge (2.5 syns)
Half a pear (I had brought it along for my daughter)

Dinner:
Asda Gammon with cheese sauce (advertised in last magazine, 2.5 syns)
peas, asparagus, roast potatoes
strawberries and peaches with vanilla cream (quark, fromage frais, vanilla essence, 1 tbsp of splenda blend for 2 people - 0.5 syn)
1 glass of wine (6.5 syns)

TOTAL: 17 syns

Sunday 30/05/10

Breakfast:
1/2 syn roulade made into pancakes (0.5 syn)
banana, raspberries, lemon juice, 1 tsp of splenda blend (0.5)

Snacks:
1 biscuit (3 syns)
1 square of fudge (2.5 syns)

Lunch:
Pasta from the last magazine (penne, spinach, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, fromage frais) + 1 tsp parmesan (part of HEA) - really, really tasty!
one peach

Snack:
2 slices Warburtons (400g loaf) (HEB)
1 laughing cow extra light (part of HEA)
ham slices
one Activia fat free peach yogurt

Dinner:
Leftover pasta from lunch (final part of HEA for about a tsp parmesan)
banana, passion fruit, pear
one mullerlight toffee

TOTAL: 6.5 syns
Woohoo! I think it's the first time I have use so few syns!!!
And I feel like I had great food, and some treats with the pancakes!

Back