Let's hope it helps

Hi Kibou, just been reading through your diary. Sounds like having work as a routine has got you back on track.
Weekends are my downfall - even when I've got nothing planned I still manage to be naughty! I tend to save syns up for the weekend to limit the damage.
All of your meals sound yummy, it's good they have healthy options in the school canteen too x

Thanks Sarah,
Going back to work after a lovely year off with my daughter has been a bit of a shock to be honest! :p
I get free school meals if I eat in the canteen so it saves time and money. We are (supposedly!) a "healthy school" so there is always healthy options (although today at lunch I actually went right to the top of the queue and took the last baked potato in front of loads of hungry kids, who probably won't be letting me go first again ;))...There's still nice little biscuits and rice crispies cakes that right next to the fruit so it can be difficult sometimes.
Hope you're weight loss journey is going well, will read your posts tomorrow (off to bed now!)

I can imagine it must be a shock going back after that long - I don't know if I could do it!
I bet it flew by though...
Try and be strong and resist the rice crispy cakes ! lol

Cheers, Sarah...I did resist today and had a piece of watermelon for dessert...However, I had chips (they're oven chips though so it's not as bad, about 5 syns for 150 g I think).

Friday 09/07/10

Breakfast:
Wholemeal roll + ham + 1 babybel light
blueberries + yogurt

Lunch:
Chips
watermelon

Snack:
blueberries, peach
Half a cheese scone (6 syns)

Tonight will be cajun chicken kebabs with courgettes, tomatoes, peppers and potato wedges. Probably 1 syn for mayo and one or two glasses of wine (6-12 syns)

Saturday 10/07/10

Breakfast:
scrambled eggs + 2 sausages (1 syn) + cherry tomatoes + 1 tbsp ketchup (1 syn)
small piece of soda farl (3 syns?)

Last edited:
And now for lunch:
Chicken salad sandwich (wholemeal bun, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, chicken and a scraping of extra light mayo)
+ 42g reduced fat cheddar (HEB + HEA)
peaches
10 tic tacs (1 syn?)

I'm going to try to come on here more often to keep on track.

I'm really proud of myself, only had free food as snack this afternoon! (I often get carried away with cheese and bread, especially at the weekend)

Snacks:
cherries, banana, ham slices
3 mini babybel (realised that my day was turning into a red day!)

TOTAL SYNS FOR TODAY: 11

Dinner:
Steak
salad (lettuce, tomatoes, radishes, cucumber, mushrooms)
potatoes (I used 2 medium potatoes (baked potato size) for 3 of us, cut them in 1cm square with the skin and roasted them in fry light so it should be ok for my second HEB)
2 tbsp extra light mayo (2 syn)
Half a glass of wine (all there was left! 3 syns)
Lychees, watermelon and cherries

And I think I'm going to have a yogurt now!)

Sunday 11/07/10

Breakfast:
1 wholemeal bun + ham slices + 42g reduced fat cheddar + gherkins
yogurt and pear

Lunch:
Chicken salad (chicken, lettuce, cucumber, carrots, tomatoes)
a few crouton + low fat dressing (5 syns?)
raspberries + 1 scoop reduced fat ice cream (4 syns)
cherries

Tonight is going to be chicken korma from the cookbook + rice

Sunday 11/07/10 (continuation):

Dinner:

korma + rice (was actually a bit disappointed, it needed a bit more spice I think)
watermelon + lychees + satsuma

Monday 12/07/10

Breakfast:
Wholemeal roll with ham and 42g reduced fat cheddar (HEA + HEB)

Lunch:
Wholemeal cheese sandwich (couldn't face the queue of 15 year olds for the jacket potato) about 15 syns
fruit salad

Dinner:
steak, salad, asparagus, roast potatoes
1 tbsp mayo (1 syn)
Quark + 1 tsp lemon curd (1 syn) = got the quark from sainsbury and it's not at all like the quark from asda, very liquidy, more like a yogurt...but very nice with lemon curd anyway!
satsumas
lychees

Tuesday 13/07/10

Breakfast:
wholemeal bun + ham + 1 extra light laughing cow
peach

Lunch:
Jacket potato + tuna + cheese + salad
watermelon

dinner:
Chicken in peppercorn sauce from Asda (I think that's the one advertised in last month's magazine, something like 2-3 syns)
rice + brocoli
satsumas, apricots
2 scoops reduced fat ice cream (8 syns)

TOTAL: about 12 syns (counting some for the cheese that I didn't weigh at lunchtime)

Well, this weekend, my mum and grandmother came to visit from France. That was the first hurdle (whenever somebody from France comes here we tend to eat more the French way, with bread on the table and a cheese course at every meal...oops!). It was also my daughter's first birthday so I made a cake and obviously had to eat some (I tried to make it low in added sugar and other rubbish because I knew my daughter would eat some but I don't think I managed to make it low syn - so only 150g added sugar for a 12 portion cake but 400g of white chocolate and 1 and a half pot of double cream!!!Although I have to say there were loads of raspberries in it too!!!)
Anyway, here's today's menu:

Breakfast:
wholemeal bun + ham + 1 laughing cow extra light (HEB + 1 syn)
peaches

lunch:
Roast chicken, green beans and roast potatoes (all in fry light)
1 tsp of mustard mayonaise (about 2 syns?)
About 40g of baguette and some blue cheese (HEA, 5 syns? need to check online really)
1 scoop of reduced fat vanilla ice cream (4 syns)
cherries + peach

Dinner:
left over chicken, salad (lettuce, cucumber, radishes, tomatoes, 3 olives) (0.5 syn)
yogurt + raspberries
half a glass of wine (3 syns)

TOTAL: 15.5 syns

Weigh in today. Stayed the same. Quite pleased given the weekend I had. Back to plan tomorrow morning and this week I'm going to do more exercise.

Well done on your STS after your weekend x

Thanks Sarah,
Yes I am happy with that result, but I need to get going next week. I want at least a pound off.

Have you thought about trying a fishy week? Check out snuggles thread on the main SW forum - she managed to lose 8lbs in her first fishy week! I'm trying it out to see whether it works... quite tricky though if you're not a big fish eater - no meat all week and fish for lunch and tea...
Worth a try to kick start your losses again x

Yes I've read that thread. My husband hates fish and everytime I eat some I have to keep all windows open and clean the whole kitchen! But I'm on holiday next week so I was thinking of doing a half fishy week...having fish for lunch but not for dinner (unless I have an argument with my husband and really want to annoy him :p)

It's definately worth a try... even a half fishy week should make a difference. Where are you off to on hols?x

Back