Let's hope it helps

You should be fine - as long as you enjoyed yourself and get right back on track today!

Here's today's menu:

2 slices of bread (warburtons wholemeal, 400g loaf) HEB
42g red fat cheese (HEA)
satsuma

Snack:
Alpen light 3 syns

lunch:
Chicken salad (EL mayo, 0.5 syns)
satsumas, apple

Dinner:
Ebly + courgette + mushrooms + bacon + 20g cheese (3 syns)
grapes
a few sips of pear cider (3 syns?)
1 glass of wine (6.5 syns) will try to keep to one!

TODAY: 16 syns

Monday 15-11-2010:

Breakfast:
Wholewheat crackerbread with EL philadelphia (2 syns), ham slices, no added sugar jam (2 syns)
banana

Snack:
Somebody's birthday at work but she kindly brought some WW chocolate cupcakes instead of the usual. I had one and I've just checked I think they're about 4 syns (quite a lot given how tiny they were actually, should have stuck to my alpen light bar!)

Lunch:
Couscous (0.5 syns), cucumber, tomatoes, 2 babybel light, 3 olives (1 syns, they were queen's olives) (HEA)
apple, satsumas

Dinner:
Jacket potato + butter bud (0.5 syns) + sprinkle of cheese (rest of HEA) + tuna in EL mayo (0.5 syns)
Activia yogurt
satsuma

TOTAL:10.5 syns

When I thought this week couldn't get any more busy...it does! Ofsted are coming Thursday and Friday! I'm starting to get used to observation and stuff but still!
Anyway, popped into class tonight and I lost 1 pound. I'm now 3 pounds away from my stone award...hopefully I should reach that before Christmas.

Well done! I'm sure your inspection will be fine-just relax and be yourself

Well, inspection is over and it was a success (7 satisfactory and 17 good)! However, the diet wasn't really one so I need to really pull myself together now.
Here's today's menu:

Breakfast:
scrambled eggs on Warburton toast (HEB), 1 tsp ketchup (0.5 syn)

Lunch:
Plaice fillet, rice, mushrooms and peas
activia yogurt, blueberries

Don't know what dinner is going to be but we've been shopping this morning so I've got plenty of nice low syn food to eat.

Yay well done on the inspection-I bet that's a relief!
Can't blame you for not sticking to the diet through that- well done for getting back on track

Tonight's dinner was pasta with spinach, bacon, quark and a little bit of blue cheese (Hea)
For dessert I had a ww cheesecake at 9 syns...oops don't think I'll buy these again not really worth the syns. I snacked on fruit all day today(pear, blueberries and raspberries).

Snow, snow, snow!!!
I'm off school again because of the weather! Yeah!
Today, as well, I left my daughter with the childminder as usual so that I could get on with school work (on Monday I had kept her with me, I had a lovely day sledging and baking a cake but didn't manage to do much!).
I haven't been really good lately, I think that weather makes me want comfort food but also makes me really lazy, I can't really be bothered cooking!!!

Anyway, I've got time today so I'll change that!
Here's the plan for today:
Green day:

Breakfast:
Cheese on toast (HEB + HEA)
Pear

Lunch:
Cup of soup (those 10 calories one, 1/2 syn)
Cheese and tomato sandwich (HEB + HEA)
Fruit + yogurt

Dinner:
Pasta in tomato sauce + any veg I can find in the fridge.

Hey hun how are you doing?
I'm the same - I get lazy if the house is really cold - I just want to curl up under a blanket rather than sit cooking!!
I'm going to batch cook a load of comfort food at the weekend to keep me going on days like that - stews, bolognese, curry etc. Yum nice warming food.

Hi there,
I'm fine, not had much time to fill in my diary but haven't been too bad (apart from the work party on Friday night where I had dessert and a few drinks!). I've made soup this weekend and a big pan of bolognese and I think I'll try to make a curry this week too. Just seem to be constantly hungry!

Me too - my worst at the moment is craving hot chocolate (oh I had two while I was away - another confession!). And I mean decent hot chocolate, not options! Mmmm chocolate and a hot drink, what more could you want in the cold.
Oh and one of the hot chocs also had a shot of baileys in!

Well done on your weekend cooking though - I think that's the best way to go!

I'm trying to get my focus back this week so here's my plan for tomorrow:

Green day:

Breakfast:
quorn sausages, tomatoes and eggs
(1 slice of toast as 3 syns if I really can't do without)
Snack:
Cereal bar (from lidl, 4.5 syns)

Lunch:
cheese and tomato sandwich (HEB, HEA, scrape of mustard on the bread)
satsumas, pear, activia yogurt

Dinner:
butternut squash soup, wholemeal bun + cheese (HEB, HEA)
Maybe some potato wedges too to avoid eating too much bread.
Fruit
Activia yogurt

Right, I'm really struggling to get in the slimming mood (but not so much the Christmas drinking and eating one, oops!) but I went to class tonight and I've lost half a pound. I've also got the new magazine and I'm going to try to get my motivation back. I don't think I'll be 100% on track but I don't really want to put all my weight on.
Anyway, I'm off to read the magazine and hopefully I'll find the inspiration and will to cook healthy meals tomorrow!

Well done Hun on the loss. I know exactly what you mean- I'm totally in Xmas eating mode now. I'm just going to try and be as good as I can, and I'll be happy if I just put a few pounds on. Have you got any Xmas do's coming up? Are you here or in France for Xmas?

Thanks,
I'm not going to my work Christmas party this year (no baby sitter and Alastair is already going out!) and really there should only be Christmas day to think about then my week in France (I go on the 27th) but it's just me rather that circumstances. I've lost any willpower...and I crave alcohol all the time!!! Although I was reassured when I mentioned it in class on Tuesday: Loads of people were saying the same but they were talking about drinking the whole bottle of wine once it's opened rather than my usual glass or two everyday :eek:. At least I've got a little bit more control than some but it's still more than what I drink normally which means increase in syns and then increase in weight.
Yesterday I started really well with porridge for breakfast and jacket potato and salad for lunch but then it all went downhill. My husband decided he was going to treat us and we went to the restaurant: I had mushrooms in cream and dolcelatte cheese for starter and a pizza (but it had rocket and cherry tomatoes on!). Although I only ate half of my pizza. I went to change our daughter and when I got back the waiter had taken my plate away! Anyway, I really enjoyed the food so I'll try not too have any remorse.
This morning though I felt awful, there was way too much salt in the food and I ballooned over night!

Today I had:

breakfast: yogurt, toast, banana
lunch: cheese sandwich , satsumas
Dinner: potato, leek and carrot soup with a little bit of baguette

And rather a lot of chocolate :(

I know how you're feeling. My philosophy is I know I will get straight back on it in the new year so I'm not going to be that gutted if I put a few lbs on- a fishy week or success express should clear it in a couple of weeks.
Will be lovely for you to have a week in France, just hope the weather eases so you can get there ok-where do you fly from?
Restaurant sounds lovely-Mmm you can't beat a good Italian restaurant

Hi Sarah,
I fly from Newcastle and we've got no snow at all here but I guess that's a good thing if I want to get to France. Although there's still time for the weather to change!
I've completely lost my way. I've been binge eating to the point where I was feeling sick and I'm pretty sure I've put on loads of weight. I'm really struggling to even be a little sensible :-(
Anyway, I'll keep on trying to get back on track and we'll see what'll happen!

Today, I've been alright food wise but most importantly I've done 20 min on the exercise bike (which hadn't been used for about 6 months) and I've enrolled into a belly dancing class starting in January!!!
I was looking for another type of dance but I couldn't find anything. I've never done belly dancing before and the class is a 2 minute drive from my house so really handy + the teacher sounded really friendly when I called (we talked for 20 minutes!!!). Really looking forward to it. I had got bored with aquafit and I didn't feel it was pushing me enough. Now I just hope the friend I was going to aquafit with won't be annoyed that I let her down...although I sent her a message asking if she wanted to to the belly dancing lessons with me...
Today I cooked all afternoon: we have some friends round for drinks and nibbles tomorrow night and I got a bit carried away with the French style buffet!!! And there's really only one thing that could qualify as SW friendly, oops!!! To make it a whole naughty day I'm going to the restaurant for lunch with a friend!!!
Nevermind, I'm just going to enjoy it, trying not to go totally overboard...I'll get back on track in the new year (by that time I'm sure I'll be sick of eating fattening food and drinking alcohol...I hope!!!)

Back