Lets introduce outselves.

Hiya my name is Nikki and I am 22. I live in Brighouse with my boyfriend of almost 4 years. I am originally from Barnsley but moved here for uni and met my OH at uni so wanted to stay.

I am a Social Worker in a Childrens Team and I love my job! I am also a volunteer with a local brownie pack.

I love to watch most sports both live and on the television. I enjoy going to gigs and festivals. I also enjoy nights out with friends or nights in with friends. I love my holidays and when I come home from one start planning the next.

good idea i'm jo

;)Hiya, I didn't eat all the pies really just too many takeaways an 3 kids to blame!!!
My name is Joanne, i'm 27 and are mummy to 3 children aged 2, 4 and 8.
I work for a company called Eurest services (part of compass group) as a catering manager in a staff canteen in a sainsbury's store, been there 4 years and love it.i've been doing slimming world on and off since beginning of 2007 but now being going continuously since april 2008 and have lost just over 2 and half stone. After having my last baby in december 2006 i was a size 18/20 and I am currently in a comfy 14 and well chuffed.:)

Hi all

I am 27 years old. My name is Sophie .My nickname became Fuffy when I was a baby, as I could not say Sophie, I said Fuffy. Now, my friends and family call me Sophs, so it is Fuffs lol. Sad part is, I even have Fuffy tatooed on my shoulder lol.

I am from Birmingham. I live Monday-Friday in Birmingham and Friday-Monday in North Warwickshire at my partners house. So, we live together, but in a strange way lol.

I have a son who is 6 from a prvious relationship. He spends Friday afternoon until monday morning at his dads. I miss him loads, but he loves being there. My boyfriend and I have a son together who is nearly 8 months old. My boys (32 year old included) are my joy.

Before my baby, I worked as a supply library assistant. I was in the hospital for most of the latter part of my pregnancy, so had to give up. My baby was 11lb 14 oz (which has left its affects lol) and I had polyhydromnia (sp?) which is excessive amniotic fluid. Plus my pubic bone played up and was on crutches. But managed (without trying) to lose nearly 4 stone. Hospital food maybe? Baby created a stomach bypass?lol

But, due to snickers, choc peanuts and choc digestives, have managed to put 2 stone back on (I know, thats obscene lol)

So, I am back on SW. I am a veteran. Dating back to 2001.

This is a great forum. Hope nobody has fallen asleep during this and hit their face on their keyboard lol...Not sure accident direct would help you!

This is a great thread!

ok so im Kelly and my minimins name comes from the fact that i have a beautiful little boy called Jack whos 2. This year is a MASSIVE one for me and i dnt want to be massve with it, i start university in september doing children's nursing, i turn 30 and i get married in August.

Im live Atherton which is close to Bolton and Wigan and im your typical northern lass , easy going and down to earth every if a little loopy at times x

What a lovely post Sophs. I loved that first paragraph about the origin of 'Fuffs'

Thank you very much Sue :)

I was fascinated when I read your post. You are a very interesting person. I think it is great and very good for your son how you and his dad get on. Well done :)

I love learning about people!!

My name is Leah, username not very original!!! lol I am 25 years old and married my childhood sweetheart last November after 11 years together and 2 beautiful daughters, Kailtyn 3 this month and Nieve 16 months!! I work part time for a local charity doind admin and love it but hate leaving my babies!! The hubby looks after them as he has a knee condition so is currently out of work!

I have a close network of friends and family and love them dearly, I spend my free time with my family or with them! I enjoy reading when I get a chance!!!!

Thats it really!!! xxxx

my hubby to be is south african!:D he moved over here in 2000.
where abouts are you from over there?:D:D:D

Hi, Heather

Sorry but Im not very good at using this site. So its taken me a long time to reply to your question.

Im from East London in SA.

Hi, my name's Beki (another original username lol), i'm 28 years old and have two children with my partner alan. The children are 10 and 3 (yes i was a teen mum :D ).

Me and al have been together for 12 years in november, and he's exactly 12 years older than me - it's fun sharing the same birthday! :)

We bought this house with my mum and dad 2.5 years ago, and split it into two semis... did a huge renovation job at the same time, and it's now on the market - and we're off to wales as soon as it's sold! :)

I used to ride from age 6 until i was 17. When we moved to a place with land (rented) when i was 13, i got my first horse. A few later, and cherry arrived :) He was fabulous... a totally bombproof gooooorgeous best friend. Unfortunately he got colic and died when i was 17 and i haven't ridden since :(

I'v promised myself that once i've lost some more weight the first thing i'm treating myself to is horse riding lessons - i so can't wait!!! :D

Umm... i think that's all about me... i'm really quite boring, and don't really have any hobbies apart from veggie gardening and my animals :)

Hi All,

My names Lisa and Im 29 from Fife, Scotland. I have lived with my partner mark for the last 15 months and all settled into our house.

I work as a project manager and have had a weight problem forever... been up and down over the years and made a final decision that I have been fat throughout all of my 20's that I am not going to be in my 30's and onwards. Sick of letting it stop me from doing stuff and feeling like crap!! ( sorry if thats a bit deep.....)

OH is a massive Gym freak / body builder so he will keep me on track.

I love kickboxing in January and havent lost a pound even tho I am training hard 3 nights a week ( u can imagine how many calories I must have been eating!!)..... so fingers crossed SW will get my eating sorted out.

L xxx

Hello everyone! As you may have guessed my name is Kelly, I'm 27 and live in Tamworth Staffordshire with my partner who is 23 and my daughter who is 8. I moved here from London almost 2 years ago and am really glad I did as I hated the hustle and bustle down there!

I work as a vocalist, producer and songwriter and have many tracks released. I've also been played on national radio 1 and Kiss!

I had an audition date for xfactor this year and decided at the last min not to go because of my weight! I knew I didn't look the part and so decided I'd work on the weight and try next year.

I'm loving SW so far and am feeling super motivated to get rid of all of this excess weight once and for all!

Oh I'm also taking the plunge and going back to college in September to do a diploma in tv and film and then hopefully on to university!

Hi everyone
My name is Sonia and I am 52.
Malaika is my internet name and it comes from the song Malaika, which means angel in Swahili. I was born in Kenya, and I love the song so took on that name.
I moved to Rhodesia when I was 5 and lived there (now Zimbabwe) until 2002 when life there became unbearable so we moved to England. I lived in Somerset until 2006 and then moved to Ilfracombe where we are now.
I am married to Simon and have been for nearly 32 years. He was born here but was brought up in Rhodesia.
We have four sons aged from 33 to 23.
The eldest two are married and Glen, the oldest recently moved to Australia with his wife Jules. Ryan and his wife Laura lives in Oxford. Our third son Adrian lives in Northampton with his fiancee Lorna. They are getting married in August.
My youngest, Ross, got engaged to Nicola two days ago and I am thrilled to bits.
We are very fortunate that we love all the girls and have daughters at last!
I am a bookkeeper and am temping at the moment and also do the books for a couple of clients at home.
This is my 6th time joining SW!
My first time was in 2002, shortly after coming to England and I lost 3 stone and reached my target. I was too confident and stopped classes and the pounds started to creep back. I did reach my target again but stopped again. The other times I just thought I could do it on my own and stopped but I was wrong!
I've been back a month now and have lost 5 1/2 pounds. It's a bit slower than before but I am on EE and I love it so I don't mind.
I love this site, and I find it so inspirational that I know I will stay on the right track this time!

Wow what an interesting life you've led malaika! :D My life's so boring in comparison :eek:

Hey, my name is claire sure you can guess that from my username and i come from not so sunny northern ireland. I have been overweight ever since i can remember! I managed to get down to a healthy bmi once with WW but still thought i was fat! How i wish i was there now!
I just finished my pgce and am now a qualified maths teacher, who cant find a job! So i am kind of in limbo! Really annoying my mummy! lol
I have been going out with my current bf for over 3 years he is lovely!
I have decided i cannot control anything in my life except my weight so i am going to try my best this summer to get down to at least a bmi of 25! I am however struggling at the minute with my eating, need to get refocused and back on track!
Good luck everyone!

Hello! I don't use my real name on the internet (apart from Facebook) so you're not getting that! Hehehe.

I'm 51 and I live with my 29 year old boyfriend and my 13 year old son, in sunny Manchester. I also have two other sons, aged 29 (yes, like my boyfriend LOL) and 25, but they live down South. I've been married twice and am currently getting my second divorce.

I've mostly been a stay-at-home Mum but I've also worked in a bank, in offices, as a playgroup leader, running a Parent and Toddler Group, looking after the elderly, volunteering with disabled adults and the parents of kids with Special Needs...Oh and I've been paid to write comedy AND I've done about 90 gigs as a stand-up comedienne (not doing that at the moment).

I guess I've always been chubby and this is third time I've attempted to really shift a lot of weight (first time I did it on my own, second time with WW and now (years later) I'm with SW). Improving my weight is so good for me physically (I have high BP) that it must be done, plus I've got to be fit to keep up with a younger man!

Im st. Fern! :D

I live in Bristol, and i'm only 17! I'm a newley qualified hairdresser & Barber & am currently jobless! ooo the fun. I live with my boyfriend Joe. We'v been together just over a year and a half..

I left school at 14, and my life was a mess following a series of awful events at home. I picked myself up and got myself into college, gained 5 GCSE's at grade B, 2 at Grade C and 2 at grade E, along with key skills x2 and now a full NVQ 2 in Hairdressing & Barbering.

I love hairdressing & all the creative stuff that comes with the job. I love making people feel new, different and even better looking. Somtimes all you need is an understanding person and a good cut/colour to make them feel better about themselves inside & out, and i like being the person to do that for them.

I have a little 8 month old puppy, her names Boo. Shes a rare wire-haired/smooth haired sausage dog and she's darn sexy. LOL

I started slimmingworld in May of 2008 and weighed in at 14 stone 8.5, i currently weigh 10 stone 4 and am 3 pounds from target & a size 10-12.

june2009 099.jpg

june2009 011.jpg

Thats my boo.. and then me and OH x

Hi, im Victoria. Im 24 and live in Aberdeenshire, Scotland. I live with my boyfriend who I have been with for 7 years and am still waiting for that ring on my finger.
I completed a BA (Hons) in Applied Social Sciences (mainly psychology) last year and have been looking for a job ever since. Not having any luck at the moment though. Luckily I do have a job to tide me over though at the local Somerfield where I am the checkout supervisor.
I joined SW when i realised that I had no control over any part of my life currently apart from my weight and so it felt like the right time to finally do something about my obesity. I have now lost just over 2 stone since March which I am very happy with.
My interestes are spending time with my OH, going out for walks, reading and trying new things.........I love a challenge!!!
Thats all I can think of just now without boring you all. x x x
P.S. Forgot to say that I am DESPERATE to get married and have kids so my OH better pull his finger out!! :)

Hello. I'm Jenny. I'm 24 and live in Portsmouth with my boyfriend of 4 years, Matt and my pet lobster Sebastian. I have a younger brother and sister who live close by with my parents. We have just had an offer accepted on our first house, so that is keeping us very busy at the moment.

I work as a civil servant and most of my job involves working with schools to promote science education and take fun activities into the classroom. I am due to move jobs in Septmber to do something more technical to make use of my Biochemistry Degree. I can't wait, especially as it will mean less commuting. Matt works for the same organisation as me doing computer programming, but we met in Kent at University.

I have lost 10lb on SW and want to lose another stone and a half to get back to my pre-Uni (or more accuratly pre-boyfriend!) weight. I'm mainly doing Mix 2 Match and love the flexability of the plan. I am going it alone, but hope to join a local group after the move. This forum has been really helpful to me, so thank you for your support.

Back