Lets introduce outselves.

Hiya :D

I'm Laura and I'm 24 I live in Leeds with my partner and my ikkle boy who is 3. I work as a operating department pracitioner.

Never really been over weight until I got pregnant and I piled on 5 stones!! Always been quite active, but had a difficult pregnancy and a c section birth so was not able to keep up the gym sessions.

I am now really depressed about my weight and lost all self confidence :cry:

Thats going to change though :)

hiya all
i'm sarah 34 from devon ive got a 6 month old baby called lily i'm a single mum i lost my dad in march this year so its been a bit hard
i joined slimming world on wensday

Im st. Fern! :D

I live in Bristol, and i'm only 17! I'm a newley qualified hairdresser & Barber & am currently jobless! ooo the fun. I live with my boyfriend Joe. We'v been together just over a year and a half..

I left school at 14, and my life was a mess following a series of awful events at home. I picked myself up and got myself into college, gained 5 GCSE's at grade B, 2 at Grade C and 2 at grade E, along with key skills x2 and now a full NVQ 2 in Hairdressing & Barbering.

I love hairdressing & all the creative stuff that comes with the job. I love making people feel new, different and even better looking. Somtimes all you need is an understanding person and a good cut/colour to make them feel better about themselves inside & out, and i like being the person to do that for them.

I have a little 8 month old puppy, her names Boo. Shes a rare wire-haired/smooth haired sausage dog and she's darn sexy. LOL

I started slimmingworld in May of 2008 and weighed in at 14 stone 8.5, i currently weigh 10 stone 4 and am 3 pounds from target & a size 10-12.

View attachment 4896

View attachment 4897

Thats my boo.. and then me and OH x

Just wanted to say well done on all your weight loss so far.... you are a true inspiration that it can be done.... lots of luck on getting to target

A x:)

Hello, i'm Alyce i'm 21, and live in sunny Keighley, West Yorkshire.
I work for a lift company called Kone, i've work there for over 2 years and i work on the switch board.
My Fiancee of 1 and 1/2 years lives in liverpool - so most weekend i'm over there, and he is a great help with my SW mission to be 10 stone by June 2012 for our wedding - we met through work!

I love swimming (when i get time) and i have just recently taken up using a exercise bike ( Richards) and i'm feeling the benifit!

I was so upset when i joined sw to find i weighed 18.5!!! :( my heaviest ever!!!!
But 8 weeks in and i have lost an amazing 1stone 6lbs and i've never been happier!!!!

:) xxx

I have been reading all your posts and they are great.
I am Lisa I am 25 years old and have just celebrated my 5th Wedding Anniversary.
I joined SW as I am very over weight and in the next 6months to a year hubby and I want to start trying for babies and I want to be in a healthier position. I live in Basildon in Essex in 1 bed flat which we can't afford to move out of if we have a baby so will be a squeeze. I have a cat called Buffy and a tiny hamster called Milda that I got on valentines day. I work in a call centre for a housing association its interesting but very tiring. My husband is currently out of work so we are trying to budget as best as possible whilst still living our lives, thankfully i earn enough to keep the roof over our heads just about.

Thank you..

and i just wanna say that this thread has just doubley confirmed for me just how amazing you people are. Yours storys are fab and i love reading them.

xxxx

Ooo I'm glad this thread got kick started!

Well, I'm Natt (short for Natalie) I'm 20 and I live in Gloucester, born in Essex and I'm half scottish and half English, I'm very proud of my scottish background!

When I was 12 I got injured in basketball match (I then spent 6 months ina wheelchair, then 18months on 2 crutches then 6 on one, then it calmed down until Jan 2007, which is where I am now, can't weight bare so use crutches at all times, and a wheelchair) and through 8 years of battling with the NHS (and private doctors) tell me it was in my head, it was hourmones, it was my weight, it was my age, I had to fight through the pain barrier, keep using my leg and keep moving it, they finally decided there was something wrong with me, I have a condition where my knee cap underside is like sandpaper and everything is wasting away, as well as having knockknee, a mis-aligned patella and mis-aligned thigh and shin bones! So now I am registered disabled. And yes I will be suing - I am just biding my time!

This is my 5th time doing SW I've always had good loses, never got passed about 1.5st/6-8 weeks, but I am detirmined to keep going this time. I have always been fat scince I was tiny. After I got injured the pounds really piled on though, same eating habbits and none of the exercise. I went from obese to morbidly obese - which is nice!

I really love helping people on the forum whether it be answering syn questions or giving support and advice. I want everyone to get to target and be happy, slim and sexy!

Last edited:
Nice to meet you all!

I'm Clare, age 27 and live in Runcorn, Cheshire (think 2 pints of lager and a packet of crisps). I am originally from Birmingham and I moved here in January 2008 to live with my boyfriend of 4 years who I met on tinternet.
I brought my two Budgies, Brian and Daisy with me and the 4 of us live happily together.

I am currently an Optical Assistant in an Opticians but have a job interview in a few weeks in a totally different field so am crossing my fingers for that!

My hobbies are photography, walking, travelling (going to Japan in August) and internetting!

I started SW just 4 weeks ago, and joined the group 3 weeks ago. Not sure what my starting weight was before Group so I'll go from what I weighed at my first weigh in, I was 13st 4.5lbs and am now 12st 13lbs. I am currently a size 18-20 but my clothes are getting looser already which is great! I love this "diet" so much and look forward to getting weighed every week now. I ultimately want to be down to 10st and around a size 12-14 but my consultant hasn't talked about my PAT yet so will see what she says once I hit club 10 :)

Hi, I'm Sarah, 24, from Bristol. I only joined SW this week. I have a 10 month old little girl and have been putting off actually have to do something about the baby weight for ages! I am now back at work and struggling to get into my old clothes, so something had to be done. I have nearly 4 stone to lost.

I did join SW a couple of years ago but couldn't get into it. I have been quite enjoying it so far this time though lol.

hiya Im jenny and Im 29 I live near warrington in a place called newton le willows and have 3 children Rob (9) Matty (6) and Katie (4) I also have a dog called Gizzie whos 9 months old. I live with my future hubby Ste whos amazing. Im a trained teacher who never quie managed to get a proper job so five years later in sept I am off to uni again and I am going to train a nurse. I started my weight loss journey forever ago as I am a yoyo dieter and never have managed to get to my healthy weight. Im currently at my lowest since I was 21 weighing 17st 7lbs at my heaviest I have been 25 stone 6 years ago.

Hi all! I'm Nix, and I'm brand new to minimins but not so new to slimming world... :)

I started back at SW for my third (and hopefully final!) time in March this year. So far it's going well and I've lost 1 stone 3.5lbs, and am loving the Extra Easy plan, just because it makes eating with my other half so much easier! :D

So hello everyone, and wish me luck on my journey!

Nix x

Hello All, thanks for sharing all your stories :D

If you haven't already guessed my name is Beth :p, I'm 23 and I'm from South Wales (about 15 minutes from Cardiff) I live with my boyfriend of 6 years and my two adorable terriers (1 patterdale and 1 Jack Russell). I'm a Civil Servant and my job is International Marketing. I love cars, nights out with the girls, going to gigs and walking my dogs!

I've started slimming world this month (2003 was my last time) and lost 9.5lbs but been dieting since Christmas and lost about 25lbs so far. Top weight was almost 16 stone my ideal goal weight is 9 stone but to just get to 10 stone would be great! :D

Hi all my name is Lauren and I am 27 from Mansfield, Notts. I live with my fiance of 3 years and my two sons, one who is 9 and one who is 13 months (big age gap hey lol). I am currently taking a year out from my law degree and will go back in Oct for my final year.

I decided to join slimming world because alot of my friends have lost weight successfuly through the diet, and it seems like the only plausable and realistic diet that will suit my routine. About 4 years ago I was a slim size 8 and felt really confident, however with meeting my current partner and slipping into the confort zone, I have put on 4 stone, So my goal is to hopefuly lose that weight and then keep it off! I have not joined a class because my partner works different shift patterns and overtime, however I think this forum is great and has really helped me so far! so Hi to everyone!!!

Hi everyone. My name is Debbie and I am 38 (39 on Wednesday :eek:), and I live in Northern Ireland. I love it here, its a great country and not as bad as everyone thinks it is.
I have been overweight since puberty hit me hard at 9 years old. Would like to be thinner before next July, dont want to be fat and forty.
I have one child, a gorgeous 9 year old girl. She is the apple of my eye and my reason for living.
Her father took off and left me when I was about 6 months pregnant. He basically left me with the baby, the bills, no money, no house. But I survived, I still have no money but thats probably because I have my daughter spoilt rotten, but she is worth it. :p
I have been with my fiance for 5 years (on 24th July). We had our first date on the 24th July 5 years ago, and we were engaged by 15th August. lol. I just knew I wanted to with him for the rest of my life.
Im not 100% sure, but we 'might' get married next year. Think we might go to Vegas whoooo hooooooo. So I absolutely HAVE to stick to this diet, the heat will kill me otherwise, and I dont want to be fatter than Elvis in my photos. HAHAHAHA

I'm Leanne, I'm 27 and live in Northants with my lovely BF and our cat.
I work in the travel industry.
We're both doing SW together, a bit of friendly rivalry!

Here goes!!

I'm kerrie,30 from north wales.
I'm a desk operator.
I've been married to kev for nearly 3 years and he's a retained firefighter.We have 3 children aged 12,11 and 5.

And we have a weimeraner called bailey and kitty called tia,who's expecting very soon!

I started slimming world on 13th may after a turning point,i couldn't fit in any of my clothes and saw some pictures of me at a ball and i looked like a big balloon lol.

So decided to go to class along with my mum and have lost 21lb so far:) which is a shock as my consultant said it would be hard to shift,i have pcos and i'm hoping losing weight will ease the symptoms.:)

I love this site!

Back